ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
JPH83 03:24 AM 03-23-2023
I knew Hardman wouldn't get what people were suggesting. Yes he has blazing speed but every other team could see what he did with that. I liked him but he was never getting the bag predicted.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:33 AM 03-23-2023
I can't believe Hardman took a one year prove it deal with the Jets.
Now he has to learn a new offense, and leap-frog a pretty talented group of WR's that are ahead of him for snaps to try to get a bag next year.

I mean, the smart thing from any angle was to take a one year deal in KC, take advantage of a WR corps in flux, where he knew the offense and Mahomes, put up some numbers and try to get a bag from there.

Just a really dumb decision.

And I find it REALLY interesting that the two coaches who knew him best (EB and Andy) weren't interested in signing him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:48 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It seemed like he had so much potential, but it never clicked. I have to conclude that he couldn't learn the offense.
This isn't necessarily a smoking gun, but I watched this a few months ago and concluded that he's probably not the best decision maker. He had all the talent but never put it together and I have to assume that's due to a lack of motivation/dedication.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:50 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And I find it REALLY interesting that the two coaches who knew him best (EB and Andy) weren't interested in signing him.
I've been saying Mahomes doesn't like Hardman. Mahomes rarely gets upset on the field and points out receivers who ran wrong routes. When he does 80% of the time its Hardman. You never see him partying with Mahomes. I think he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.

In Veach we trust.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:57 AM 03-23-2023
Really thought he would've been in KC for another year, for that kind of money.
[Reply]
O.city 06:59 AM 03-23-2023
He took the most money offered. It's what they mostly always do, as we all would.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:06 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He took the most money offered. It's what they mostly always do, as we all would.
Unless I believed that I could leverage a successful prove it year in a familiar offense that isn't deep at WR.

To be fair, the Jets will likely be an exciting team to play for this season. But I reckon Mecole would make money in the long run of he stayed in KC one more year. Who knows though, maybe Veach didn't even offer him a contact in the end.
[Reply]
O.city 07:08 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Unless I believed that I could leverage a successful prove it year in a familiar offense that isn't deep at WR.

To be fair, the Jets will likely be an exciting team to play for this season. But I reckon Mecole would make money in the long run of he stayed in KC one more year. Who knows though, maybe Veach didn't even offer him a contact in the end.
It's definitely possible, but I'd say more likely this just is who he is. He's not getting paid a ton off one good year. Teams know what he is at this point.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:36 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Because the results with his WR picks in the second have been so spectacular…
Perhaps not, but overall he hits far more than he misses in the second round. Plus let's give Moore this year before labeling him a flop or bust.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:40 AM 03-23-2023
Now he has to learn a new offense, and leap-frog a pretty talented group of WR's that are ahead of him for snaps to try to get a bag next year.

I mean, the smart thing from any angle was to take a one year deal in KC, take advantage of a WR corps in flux, where he knew the offense and Mahomes, put up some numbers and try to get a bag from there.

I remember when KC traded for Toney and there was a lot of noise about how Hardman wasn't happy with it. Not sure if that played a role in him leaving KC for the Jets even if it was just a one year prove it deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:13 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This isn't necessarily a smoking gun, but I watched this a few months ago and concluded that he's probably not the best decision maker. He had all the talent but never put it together and I have to assume that's due to a lack of motivation/dedication.

He's the one guy in '22 that DIDN'T go down and work with Mahomes in Texas. Perhaps that was poorly received.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:14 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I remember when KC traded for Toney and there was a lot of noise about how Hardman wasn't happy with it. Not sure if that played a role in him leaving KC for the Jets even if it was just a one year prove it deal.
He was all about getting 10 targets per game. Good luck in NY! That WR roster is pretty loaded. He ain't getting shit but returning punts.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:23 AM 03-23-2023
Hardmans only hope is that the offensive scheme is much more simplified. He had 4 years to learn Andy's offense and didn't.

Now he thinks he's going to learn a new offense in one season on the fly?

If he thinks it's wasn't fun getting the earful from Patrick, Wait until Aaron Rodgers eviscerates him in a press conference.

New York fans are going to shred Hardman.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:26 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Hardmans only hope is that the offensive scheme is much more simplified. He had 4 years to learn Andy's offense and didn't.

Now he thinks he's going to learn a new offense in one season on the fly?

If he thinks it's wasn't fun getting the earful from Patrick, Wait until Aaron Rodgers eviscerates him in a press conference.

New York fans are going to shred Hardman.
Yeah, this was likely a career suicide decision. He's gonna be a punt returner.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:38 AM 03-23-2023

I'm not surprised. Maybe the idea that KC is a desired destination for WR's is a belief built up by the fanbase. Or else we are trying to get WR's by paying 70 cents on the dollar while everyone else is paying a buck ten. In the grand scheme of things, players don't chase championships. They chase paychecks.

Whether you think it is a dumb decision or not is nothing but coming from a fan perspective. It surely isn't coming from monetary standpoint of Mecole's bank account. There is no guarantee that a bigger contract will be there for him next year. If the Chiefs offered you 3.5 and the Jets offered you 6.5. Even considering taxes for your bottom line it would be a dumb decision to take the 3.5.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up