ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 1209
« First < 222829303132 3334353642821325321032 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:44 PM 10-31-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
No pics of the ghost pizza? I do Symphony brownies, I might have to try it with Snickers bars to get rid of this candy.
My guests were waiting so long, it was all rushed out. Didn't time to snap that one or the pretzel broomsticks.

I simply cut out flat mozzarella slices with my ghost shaped cookie cutter, cut out a big hole for the mouth and made sure I didn't over melt the cheese beyond recognition. That's all it was.

I didn't get time to do a broomstick pic either. I have leftovers and could do them again later I suppose. It was just these below, but I used a thicker pretzel. 'Cuz I thought it looked better. At least I'd prefer to fly one like that as it's more secure. :-)

My brownies were gluten and sugar free, with tiny marshmallows and chunks of chocolate inside. Then I covered with a layer of ganache so the ground up chocolate wafer cookies would stick. The bones are candy.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:01 PM 10-31-2015
I just got the ATK book as a gift, so I'll be getting into those recipes over the next few months. I'm looking forward to the twists on my personal favorites, for comparisons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:06 PM 10-31-2015
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I just got the ATK book as a gift, so I'll be getting into those recipes over the next few months. I'm looking forward to the twists on my personal favorites, for comparisons.
Which one?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:18 PM 10-31-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Which one?
This one:

I didn't have any of their books before, and this has the 2016 season included, so someone got it for me as an early Christmas gift.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:22 PM 10-31-2015
Love their books. I have quite a few.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:41 PM 10-31-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Love their books. I have quite a few.
I've got a used cookbook store just a couple of towns over, so I usually end up spending any cookbook money on more esoteric choices. This was pretty much someone buying me something they knew I probably wouldn't have gotten around to on my own.

The ATK book has been a great read so far. I may just have to get some of their others on my own.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:01 PM 10-31-2015
I've got a used cookbook store just a couple of towns over, so I usually end up spending any cookbook money on more esoteric choices. This was pretty much someone buying me something they knew I probably wouldn't have gotten around to on my own.

The ATK book has been a great read so far. I may just have to get some of their others on my own.

I generally buy used off Amazon. Lots of cost savings to be had if you don't mind a few dogeared pages and a couple stains.

I'll try to go through mine tomorrow and point out a few favorites.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:28 PM 10-31-2015
I generally buy used off Amazon. Lots of cost savings to be had if you don't mind a few dogeared pages and a couple stains.

I'll try to go through mine tomorrow and point out a few favorites.
Sounds great. I've already gotten a few requests, so I can use your feedback to match up with that. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:30 AM 11-01-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
No pics of the ghost pizza?
It's called ghost pizza 'cuz you can't see it, but you can feel its presence.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:17 AM 11-01-2015
Sounds great. I've already gotten a few requests, so I can use your feedback to match up with that. :-)

You want favorite recipes or favorite books?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:33 AM 11-01-2015
You want favorite recipes or favorite books?
Either or both would be great.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:00 AM 11-01-2015
Either or both would be great.
Some of my favorite books:

The Meat Book
Slow Cooker Revolution (1 & 2)
Pressure Cooker Perfection
6 Ingredient Solution

Some of our favorite individual recipes:

I'll add some more as I think of them.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:43 AM 11-01-2015
OK. I brought you the microwave pancake. I brought you the burgerrito. Now, in yet another moment of drunkardness/hangover regret, I bring you the chalupadilla. I was fucking around in the kitchen, restless from hunger but too lazy to actually make real food. I heated up some olive oil in a pan and warmed some tortillas in the microwave. I continued to make what is really a ham and cheese quesadilla (extra jalapenos) but the oil "deep fried" the tortillas on each side. They were surprisingly good and I now have another pretend menu item. Enjoy.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:55 AM 11-01-2015
Yesterday's Cook's Country show on PBS recreated burnt ends. I may actually try their method sometime.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:05 PM 11-01-2015
Anyone have experience with supper/dinner clubs where you live? We've been invited to one and the wife thinks it could be a good way to try restaurants and meet people in a new city. I agree with her, but I'm leery due to her co-worker who invited us being a bit pretentious about it.

Like, "the bone marrow at Veal Vous Plaît was to dieeeeeeeee for" annoying.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 1209
« First < 222829303132 3334353642821325321032 > Last »
Up