ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 185 of 192
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:59 AM 01-29-2022
I don’t see any way they play Brown under the cap all year. Players don’t like it, his cost is just likely to go up, and it doesn’t give them much financial flexibility this season.

He’ll get extended. Hill will get extended. They’ll try with Ward and I won’t be surprised it it happens. KC will make free agency moves (DE, S, Wr).

Honestly, the only thing that would surprise me is Mathieu re-signing.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:03 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t see any way they play Brown under the cap all year. Players don’t like it, his cost is just likely to go up, and it doesn’t give them much financial flexibility this season.

He’ll get extended. Hill will get extended. They’ll try with Ward and I won’t be surprised it it happens. KC will make free agency moves (DE, S, Wr).

Before the season both Clark Hunt and Brett Veach said the badger will be re signed
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:13 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Ward, Sorensen, Clark, Hitchens, HB, DRobb, Baker, Hughes, could or should all be replaced.

Brown and Reek need top-end contracts.

:-) I think this might be Veech's toughest year.
Sorensen should be easily replaced. Hitchens has already been replaced, so we just need a draft pick or UDFA, there are good ones there, to fill the roster spot. DRobb has been overtaken by Pringle, who is the real WR we need to resign and I think we can for relatively cheap. Hughes is not very good. Also easily replaceable. Baker is an ERFA so he is cheap and not going anywhere.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:16 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Sorensen should be easily replaced. Hitchens has already been replaced, so we just need a draft pick or UDFA, there are good ones there, to fill the roster spot. DRobb has been overtaken by Pringle, who is the real WR we need to resign and I think we can for relatively cheap. Hughes is not very good. Also easily replaceable. Baker is an ERFA so he is cheap and not going anywhere.
Sorensen is 37th all time in career playoff tackles!! He ain’t going anywhere. D Rob will be back. He signed for vet minimum this year to come back. He’s a solid #4 or #5 piece. He will be cheap. He’s our best blocking WR and never drops a ball but for fucks sake can someone tell him what north is
[Reply]
mkp785 09:09 AM 01-29-2022

I don't think he's coming back either. But you know what? If he helps get Patrick and Andy a 2nd Lombardi, then I'll wish the guy good luck and hope that he makes a killing with his next team.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:25 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I don't think he's coming back either. But you know what? If he helps get Patrick and Andy a 2nd Lombardi, then I'll wish the guy good luck and hope that he makes a killing with his next team.

I think he would be coming back if it wasn’t such a historically excellent S FA class.

With it being such a good class, if he would take less than he’s looking for it would work. But I don’t think he will.
[Reply]
mkp785 09:47 AM 01-29-2022
I think he would be coming back if it wasn’t such a historically excellent S FA class.

With it being such a good class, if he would take less than he’s looking for it would work. But I don’t think he will.
Well if we can pull this out in all honesty, that's 2 chips and I won't blame him if he takes some 20M/yr gig in Detroit or Jacksonville. At that point, he'd have 2 rings and why not cash out to maximize yourself.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 01-29-2022
I would love to see an All-22 side-by-side video highlighting and breaking down Brown in his first four games next to his last four games with this team. I feel like that would show pretty conclusively why you sign him long term, even though he isn't Trent Williams.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:01 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Melvin Ingram needs to be re signed
Yes. The guy does everything right in Spags' system, even if he isn't racking up huge sack numbers. We don't have anyone under him on the depth chart that can set an edge like he does. Absolutely offer him up a decent contract for a couple/few years.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:03 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sorensen is 37th all time in career playoff tackles!! He ain’t going anywhere. D Rob will be back. He signed for vet minimum this year to come back. He’s a solid #4 or #5 piece. He will be cheap. He’s our best blocking WR and never drops a ball but for fucks sake can someone tell him what north is
Sorensen has gotten worse this year. Getting a lot of tackle is not a sign of how good player is or is not. He needs to be replaced in a huge way. Our defense took a huge leap forward when he was benched for Thornhill.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:16 AM 01-29-2022
Round 1: WR
Round 2: DE or safety
Round 3: whichever is left from round 2

It will be very difficult, however, if Travon Walker (Edge, Georgia) and Jameson Williams (WR, Alabama) and Daxton Hill (S, Michigan) all three fall to us in the first round.

If that happens we'll get to see what Veach thinks is the most important need
[Reply]
penchief 10:17 AM 01-29-2022
I know that Bill B. won executive of the year but did Veach get any votes? I also know that not many outside of chiefs fans appreciate what he did with that 31 pick but when you really think about it, it is astounding what Veach was able to accomplish.

He was able turn two picks at the bottom of the round, the 31st and 63rd picks in the draft, into three (3) pro bowl caliber players. All while attacking the two most glaring weaknesses on the team. If Bill B. had done that we'd still be hearing about his genius.

Brown, Bolton, Humphrey. What a haul for only holding picks 31 and 63. That was quite the slight of hand by Mr. Veach.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:54 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by penchief:
I know that Bill B. won executive of the year but did Veach get any votes? I also know that not many outside of chiefs fans appreciate what he did with that 31 pick but when you really think about it, it is astounding what Veach was able to accomplish.

He was able turn two picks at the bottom of the round, the 31st and 63rd picks in the draft, into three (3) pro bowl caliber players. All while attacking the two most glaring weaknesses on the team. If Bill B. had done that we'd still be hearing about his genius.

Brown, Bolton, Humphrey. What a haul for only holding picks 31 and 63. That was quite the slight of hand by Mr. Veach.
What are they crediting Belichick with? Going from an old defense and shitty offense with a limited QB to an older defense and shitty offense with a younger limited QB?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:26 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Round 1: WR
Round 2: DE or safety
Round 3: whichever is left from round 2

It will be very difficult, however, if Travon Walker (Edge, Georgia) and Jameson Williams (WR, Alabama) and Daxton Hill (S, Michigan) all three fall to us in the first round.

If that happens we'll get to see what Veach thinks is the most important need

To me, the question becomes: is there 1 of those players you would normally NEVER be able to get at that spot?

The answer is yes: Jameson Williams. You can get DE like Walker at 32 in the future. You can get S/CB like Hill. You usually cannot get Jameson Williams there.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:35 AM 01-29-2022
I agree. Jameson Williams is probably a pipe dream though somebody is going to take him before us.

Hell I feel like a team will take him just so we can't.
[Reply]
Page 185 of 192
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189 > Last »
Up