View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 201 of 343
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:45 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'll step it back even further stating the guy who traded premium picks for OBJ is dumber. This is who OBJ always was, and the fact that they traded multiple high picks and even offered a contract over $100 million speaks volumes. At least he didn't accept the contract, avoided making the trade as bad as the multiple picks and expensive contract given to Clark. At least Clark had a great run in his first year to help win us a super bowl, OBJ has been mostly ass since he got here.
Premium picks?!? We traded our first and got Brown AND #58 back which was Nick Bolton. Are you not happy with Bolton? Would you have preferred we draft him with our first rounder instead (and NOT have Brown)?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:46 PM 10-10-2022
no thanks
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:46 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
In all fairness, he was better in the second half . . . . . . . . . (ducks) . . . . .
He wasn't very good, though. Him and Allegretti didn't have good games.
[Reply]
-King- 09:48 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by nicksdad:
So who was dumber ? Veach for making that offer or Orlando for refusing it?
Orlando for not taking it kinda.

Like I've pointed out before, Veach's offer would have let us cut OBJ if he didn't play well. That's why OBJ didn't take it. He wanted more years guaranteed up front cause he likely knew he was going to play like this.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:48 PM 10-10-2022
"But guys, they're only highlighting the bad plays!! He's actually really good!"
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:51 PM 10-10-2022
He went from complete ass in the 1st half to pretty decent in the 2nd half.

I have a hard time believing he's going to get offered a contract anywhere near the one he turned down unless he plays the way he played in the 2nd half (or better) for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:15 PM 10-10-2022
I don't know what's going on with the Seahawks, but between Frank Clark, Orlando Brown, and Russell Wilson...

Maybe pump the brakes when they come offering trades and deals.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:16 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
I don't know what's going on with the Seahawks, but between Frank Clark, Orlando Brown, and Russell Wilson...

Maybe pump the brakes when they come offering trades and deals.
Brown played for Baltimore.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:19 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
He went from complete ass in the 1st half to pretty decent in the 2nd half.

I have a hard time believing he's going to get offered a contract anywhere near the one he turned down unless he plays the way he played in the 2nd half (or better) for the rest of the season.
Yup.

Not sure what's the point in hating on him now.

We should wish him the best and hope he earns a great paycheck. If not, the Chiefs have full optionality and that's a good thing all considered.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:21 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Premium picks?!? We traded our first and got Brown AND #58 back which was Nick Bolton. Are you not happy with Bolton? Would you have preferred we draft him with our first rounder instead (and NOT have Brown)?
KC traded their first-round pick (31st overall), third-round pick (94th overall) and a fourth-round pick (136th overall), along with a 2022 fifth-round pick in exchange for Brown, a second-round pick in 2021 (58th overall) and a sixth-round pick in 2022.

Love Bolton, but a franchise left tackle is infinitely more important. I would have traded up for Darrisaw or gotten more aggressive and traded up as far as possible for Slater. Now that OBJ clearly isn't the long term answer KC is going to have to trade up in the draft to get their LT where they should have gone in the first place. They'll likely have ended up sending 3-4 first round dicks plus others when you combine the picks given up for OBJ as well as the necessary picks needed for our next LT.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:21 PM 10-10-2022
Played a good 2nd half. Looked like he was getting help at times in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:27 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
KC traded their first-round pick (31st overall), third-round pick (94th overall) and a fourth-round pick (136th overall), along with a 2022 fifth-round pick in exchange for Brown, a second-round pick in 2021 (58th overall) and a sixth-round pick in 2022.

Love Bolton, but a franchise left tackle is infinitely more important. I would have traded up for Darrisaw or gotten more aggressive and traded up as far as possible for Slater. Now that OBJ clearly isn't the long term answer KC is going to have to trade up in the draft to get their LT where they should have gone in the first place. They'll likely have ended up sending 3-4 first round dicks plus others when you combine the picks given up for OBJ as well as the necessary picks needed for our next LT.
Just to be clear, we weren't getting Slater. I would have LOVED it, but it wasn't happening.
[Reply]
Coach 10:30 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Played a good 2nd half. Looked like he was getting help at times in the 2nd half.
And that's the thing.... top paid LT's don't need help.

He got abused. Repeatedly.

So did Andrew Wylie.

The Chiefs are going to have to address the T's in their next off-season.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:31 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Just to be clear, we weren't getting Slater. I would have LOVED it, but it wasn't happening.
Yup, our 1 and Bolton pick weren't getting us to Slater.

Should we have traded our 1 and then the Bolton and Creed picks?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:32 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yup, our 1 and Bolton pick weren't getting us to Slater.

Should we have traded our 1 and then the Bolton and Creed picks?
I'd go 1, 2, and next year's 1, especially if they knew a Hill trade was inevitable. Slater was an All Pro at the 2nd most important position his rookie year. Worth it.
[Reply]
Page 201 of 343
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Up