View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 102 of 343
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 AM 07-15-2022
There's nothing to be dramatic about here.

Sounds like there's no bad blood, and Brown is willing to bet on himself. If he earns it, he will get his contract. If not, he will have to lower his price, or try to get it somewhere else. It's that simple.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There's nothing to be dramatic about here.

Sounds like there's no bad blood, and Brown is willing to bet on himself. If he earns it, he will get his contract. It's that simple.
Yep.

I just hate the unknown part of it. Which, maybe they all know whats likely to happen in terms of showing up etc anyway.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:28 AM 07-15-2022
Brown is delusional, literally got offered more money than Silverback but still turned it down
[Reply]
Shields68 09:29 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
So was it the agents decision or OBJs decision? This almost reads like OBJ would have signed if his diabetes and NFT bro didn't tell him not to.
Probably a little of both. But a agent needs to cover for OBJ and spin it to potential future clients or he is going to lose OBJ and not be able to attract future NFL clients. Guessing he is wanting to use OBJ to break into the NFL.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:29 AM 07-15-2022
It now becomes interesting to see if he will play under the tag. Chiefs were only willing to guarantee 1 year. Agent wanted more security. And apparently that was at top bonus and average salary figure.

Playing at 16.6 of the tag does not give security. Nor is it top money. If he gets an injury this season that hampers future wealth, he may be advised by his agent not to sign.

I hope (and I am sure they are/already have) that the team is moving towards plan B for the upcoming season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 07-15-2022

I told y’all the Chiefs were gonna offer Brown 24 a year and make it so they could get out by 2024 with lower guarantees.

Sounds like Brown wants to be highest paid *and* have guarantees for 3+ years, which honestly I doubt he gets at this moment. https://t.co/03GemOfrkR

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:30 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
It now becomes interesting to see if he will play under the tag. Chiefs were only willing to guarantee 1 year. Agent wanted more security. And apparently that was at top bonus and average salary figure.

Playing at 16.6 of the tag does not give security. Nor is it top money. If he gets an injury this season that hampers future wealth, he may be advised by his agent not to sign.

I hope (and I am sure they are/already have) that the team is moving towards plan B for the upcoming season.

I've had many, many people ask me why Orlando Brown wouldn't just miss regular-season games on the tag.

The answer is while he could do that, he would be forfeiting almost $1M per game. In his entire career, he has made $3.5M.

In short, he'd be giving up life-changing money.

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) July 15, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:

Plan B would be him playing on the tag.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:31 AM 07-15-2022
franchise tag isnt the best for salary cap reasons but if Brown cant get motivated to show what he can do now, he never will
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:32 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Right.

Instead he'll show up to camp a week before the season starts with poor cardio and look like complete shit for the first few weeks of the season.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:32 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Plan B would be him playing on the tag.
Plan B being him not playing. Whatever plan you want to call that Doc.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:33 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Right.

Instead he'll show up to camp a week before the season starts with poor cardio and look like complete shit for the first few weeks of the season.

that will get him more guaranteed money for sure:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 09:35 AM 07-15-2022
Sounds like last second negotiating through the media in a vain attempt to garner sympathy/support. It won't work.

If we were willing to let Tyreek fucking Hill walk over his money demands, what in the actual fuck does Brown and his n00b agent think they have working in their favor, exactly? OBJ is not and likely will never be what Tyreek Hill is to his position in the NFL.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:36 AM 07-15-2022
Right.

This is exactly what's going to happen, and if it does I hope the Chiefs keep him on the bench until he proves he's in shape. I'm not sure who the hell this kid thinks he is. Just because he's Orlando Brown's son doesn't entitle him to be paid more than he deserves.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:37 AM 07-15-2022
Right.

I'm telling you - go sign Fisher. And even if they don't, make his ass earn the spot before just handing it to him because they tagged him when he decides he's ready to play.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 343
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up