ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 104
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:20 AM 03-12-2023
I'm truly astonished that such an epic and massive epeen battle is being waged with such tiny dicks. Carry on
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:13 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
I'm truly astonished that such an epic and massive epeen battle is being waged with such tiny dicks. Carry on
What
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:48 AM 03-12-2023
Top 5 HC all-time, first ballot HOF, the only coach ever to do a laundry list of things. Can't say enough about the greatness of Andy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:39 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Top 5 HC all-time, first ballot HOF, the only coach ever to do a laundry list of things. Can't say enough about the greatness of Andy.
He's been a head coach in this league for 24 years. In 16 of those 24 years he has fielded a top 10 points scored offense. The 2 lowest ranked scoring offense he's had with the Chiefs are 13th and 16th. All other years he had a top 10 offense with us. He's only had an offense ranked lower than 18th twice. He's been too 13 in all but 5 seasons.

It's pretty much a given that he is the best offensive mind that the world has ever seen, but did you know that he's had a top 10 scoring D in 15 of his 24 seasons as HC? He's been top 19 in scoring D in 19 of his 24 seasons. Since he's been our HC he's had a top 16 scoring D in every season but 1 and in 7 out of 10 seasons he's had a top 10 scoring D.

He's had double digit win seasons in 17/24 seasons and is currently at 8 straight seasons with 10 or more wins. He's only finished a season under .500 3 times. One of those seasons was his first as HC and the other season was his last in Philadelphia. He also lost his son to a heroin OD during training camp before that season. He's never had less than 9 wins as HC of KC and 8/10 seasons with KC he's had 11 or more wins. When he came to KC he took over one of the worst teams I've ever seen. It only took him one off-season to take a team with the #1 overall pick and make them a playoff team. In 4 of the previous 6 seasons this team had 4 or less wins before he was named the Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Over 24 years Andy is 247-138 (.641 winning percentage), but over the last 10 seasons with the Chiefs he is 117-45 (.722 winning percentage).

He's lead our Kansas City Chiefs to 2 Super Bowl wins in the last 4 years and 3 Super Bowl appearances in that time. He's orchestrated 5 straight seasons in which we hosted an AFCCG. We could easily be at 5 straight SB appearances, as our only 2 losses came in OT. We have won the AFC West 7 straight years. Before Andy Reid the Chiefs only had 6 AFC West titles. The Chiefs have won the AFC West 13 times in 52 years, so over half of those have come in the last 7 years. The Chiefs as a franchise have 20 play off wins and Andy Reid is responsible for 12 of them.

He went to 4 straight NFCCGs and went to, but lost 1 Super Bowl with them. He won at least 1 playoff game in each of his first 7 seasons he made it into the playoffs and has taken his team to the playoffs in 18/24 seasons. He's had a playoff win in 13/18 of those playoff appearances. He has a 22-16 playoff record. He's 12-7 with KC in the playoffs and was 10-9 with the Eagles.

You can make a really good argument that he's not only the best HC right now, but that he's the best HC in NFL history. If he's able to get 1 more SB ring, then that moves him into a tie for 3rd with 3 Super Bowl wins. If he does that, then there is no question that he is the GOAT head coach. He's 5th in regular season wins 247 and will take over 4th this year with 4 wins. He needs 53 regular season wins to get to 300 career regular season wins. He's 2nd in career post season wins with 22, just 9 behind Belichick. He has a legit shot at finishing his career with the most post season wins in history.

All hail Andy motherfucking Reid!
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 08:33 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1. That isn't relevant to this thread.

2. I treated Reid and Mahomes IDENTICALLY since they came to the Chiefs.

3. You ****ing failed with this bullshit "gotcha."
Just calling you out for trying to look perfect when in fact, you're fallible like everybody else.

Learn some humility man.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Just calling you out for trying to look perfect when in fact, you're fallible like everybody else.

Learn some humility man.
CONTEXT MATTERS, MAN WITH THE LOSER USERNAME.

IN MY SUPPORT OF PATRICK MAHOMES AND ANDY REID, YOU WILL RECOGNIZE ME AS A STALWART PILLAR OF CONSISTENCY.

HUMILITY? HA!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:10 PM 03-12-2023
Excellent work summarizing Andy's incredible success dlphg! Enjoyed reading it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:25 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:

Learn some humility man.
I offered Clay a free ticket 3 rows behind the bench for our playoff game against the Titans in January 2018. Clay vehemently declined because Alex Smith was our QB.

Our next home game was a benign regular season affair against the 49ers the next season but there he was, beside me, the same seat, watching Mahomes throw a laser to Conley in the back of the end zone for a TD.

Clay is about as fallible as Mahomes is against the Raiders.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I offered Clay a free ticket 3 rows behind the bench for our playoff game against the Titans in January 2018. Clay vehemently declined because Alex Smith was our QB.

Our next home game was a benign regular season affair against the 49ers the next season but there he was, beside me, the same seat, watching Mahomes throw a laser to Conley in the back of the end zone for a TD.

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 PM 03-12-2023

Clay only wanted any part of Mahomes after we drafted him. He wasn’t worth anything more than a 3rd round pick before that.

All Clay is…is a fucking attention whore. It just depends on what attention he’s looking for at the time.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:04 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Clay only wanted any part of Mahomes after we drafted him. He wasn’t worth anything more than a 3rd round pick before that.

All Clay is…is a fucking attention whore. It just depends on what attention he’s looking for at the time.
I've spent more time with Clay than I have any other person on CP.

He's a good dude. I vouch for him fully even if he has his occasional indiscretions (that I have no hesitation calling him out for).

And he became a beliver the second Alex Smith vanished.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:08 PM 03-12-2023
I think we all got indiscretions. I know I said some really, really dumbass things about Andy all the way through 2016.. but I'm sure you can find some gamethread takes of mine after like, the Titans loss in 2019 that would be pretty embarrassing.

But that's part of being a fan, and the Mahomes era has been even more incredible to behold thanks to the S tier content Clay provides us week in and week out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 PM 03-12-2023
I've spent more time with Clay than I have any other person on CP.

He's a good dude. I vouch for him fully even if he has his occasional indiscretions (that I have no hesitation calling him out for).

And he became a beliver the second Alex Smith vanished.
Believer or not….he felt Mahomes shouldn’t be the pick and had plenty of posts bringing up his weaknesses and saying that he wouldn’t amount to shit. Just because he flipped the second that we drafted him…doesn’t take that away.

Good dude or not…he peddled that CEB bullshit and acted like a complete fucking douche.

And this is coming from someone who has met Clay in person.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:25 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Believer or not….he felt Mahomes shouldn’t be the pick and had plenty of posts bringing up his weaknesses and saying that he wouldn’t amount to shit. Just because he flipped the second that we drafted him…doesn’t take that away.

Good dude or not…he peddled that CEB bullshit and acted like a complete fucking douche.

And this is coming from someone who has met Clay in person.
But did you graze his leg after a drive home from a 24-0 comeback against the Texans after collapsing into each others’ arms in the parking lot in a warm embrace and then sharing a ride home?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:31 PM 03-12-2023
But did you graze his leg after a drive home from a 24-0 comeback against the Texans after collapsing into each others’ arms in the parking lot in a warm embrace and then sharing a ride home?
No but I did share a hotel room with Flopnuts.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 104
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up