ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 104
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:19 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Remember when folks claimed he couldn't win the Big Game? It wasn't that he hasn't yet, it was that he "CAN'T."

People are really, really dumb.
The guy was a victim of his own success.

He drags a mediocrity like Donovan McNabb to conference championship games and even a Super Bowl, but then can't win with him and suddenly "Andy Can't Win the Big One!!!"

Meanwhile 95% of the coaches in this league would've struggled to take a team with McNabb to the post-season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:21 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i figure he's got 3 years, then he tips his cap and lets someone else deal with mahomes declining athletic ability and no kelce :-)
I think he goes after 300 wins and 4 SBs.

Then he MIGHT step aside.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:27 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
He did it while being one of the most-liked guys in the league.

Only Sal Paolantonio hated him.
Sal walked by me yesterday at the game. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, “You better be nice to Andy Reid.” He gave me a look of death and kept walking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:29 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sal walked by me yesterday at the game. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, “You better be nice to Andy Reid.” He gave me a look of death and kept walking.
The Andy Reid glare when he thought Paolantonio grabbed his arm remains just so damn epic.

He does NOT like that man...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:29 PM 02-13-2023
Should've just elbowed him in the temple instead. Fuck that scum sucking chodemongrel.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:30 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He drags a mediocrity like Donovan McNabb to conference championship games and even a Super Bowl, but then can't win with him and suddenly "Andy Can't Win the Big One!!!"

Meanwhile 95% of the coaches in this league would've struggled to take a team with McNabb to the post-season.
mcnabb was always an out of shape dude with questionable committment to the game

that's why he fucking puked in the biggest moment of his life
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:31 PM 02-13-2023
my liege
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:31 PM 02-13-2023
You should've sucker punched him from behind :-)
[Reply]
notorious 05:40 PM 02-13-2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:00 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mcnabb was always an out of shape dude with questionable committment to the game

that's why he fucking puked in the biggest moment of his life
I read somewhere that McNabb was suffering from a hangover.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:45 PM 02-13-2023
Andy is a bad ass. :-) Great story…

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/13/ma...on-daily-cover

Originally Posted by :
Veach owes his career to Big Red. He started in pro football in 2004, as a coaching intern with the Eagles. In ’07, the Eagles promoted him to Reid’s administrative assistant. Before leaving for vacation, Reid assigned Veach his first project: Study how the Colts’ defense morphed from terrible to stout. Analyze every game from a defensive perspective, he instructed. Then lay out which factors enabled the abrupt shift.

Veach tried everything: game analysis, video clips, data graphs, historical comparisons—the works. He printed the document, read it over and over for typos and errors in logic, made changes, printed it again and went to an office supply store. He bought a binder and placed his masterpiece inside, then beelined for Reid’s desk. Reid looked back at him, then down at the binder, then back at him, then down. The coach pointed to a sticker affixed to the front from the office supply store. He handed the binder back to Veach. He never read a single word of the report. Details matter.

Despondent, Veach called his parents. “Oh, my God, I just screwed this up. I don’t know if he wants me to come back. I’m not going to last that long. I just don’t think I’m cut out for this.”

Reid actually thought the opposite. One late night in October 2008, they were sitting in Reid’s office, studying film. The fireworks exploding out the window announced that the Phillies had won the World Series. Sirens blared from police cars headed toward the ballpark for the revelry certain to ensue. Both loved the bottomless depth of the, ahem, passion displayed by local sports fans, how it tethered all of Philadelphia to the same space, a sporting soul.

“One day, we’re gonna do this, you know?” Reid said.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 02-13-2023
veach is andy's bitch :-)
[Reply]
tk13 12:21 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It gets lost in there that one year McNabb got hurt and they still almost made a conference championship game with a late-30's Jeff Garcia.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:49 AM 02-14-2023
Great article. Someone pull out Frank’s quotes.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/2...as-city-chiefs
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:40 AM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There's not another coach that I couldn't be fucking happier for. Reid has always been one of those guys that I liked even when he wasn't coaching my team. It's not lost on me just how much he turned this team around.
Yeah. It was hard to listen to Philly fans bitch about clock management and not winning the big games in our decade of darkness.

It would have been nice to be relevant after week 1, much less worry about if we could beat the best team in the league.

I’ll admit I didn’t want a retread at the time. Especially since that dude looked TIRED plus we were talking about Jeff Fisher (Fisher would have been the end of my fandom). But it’s fine. He’s the best coach in the league.

100% crow I’ll eat from now until the end of time.
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Great article. Someone pull out Frank’s quotes.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/2...as-city-chiefs
Good read. Thanks

Originally Posted by Frank Clark:
The thing about Andy Reid that I love the most is his will, his grit, his understanding of his players. He understands his players. He’s not one of those coaches, one of those white-collar coaches. He came from the ghetto, came from East L.A. So he understands the kid from South Central. He understands the kid from the hood in Cleveland. He gets it. …

I felt like I needed to get grounded. Y’all know, I lost my father in a fire a few years ago, so a lot of the authoritative figures, I’m the authority in my life for the most part. When you become the guy, when you become the one in your family, you become that authority figure. … But just having a guy like Andy Reid in a time where I felt like I needed somebody to sit me down and tell me you need to keep going harder. You’re not finished. You’ve got a championship, if you finish there you’re a fool. To keep on going. I thank him for challenging me to do that. He brought the best out of me this year.

[Reply]
Page 85 of 104
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995 > Last »
Up