ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 191
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 07:44 AM 02-05-2024
Crow, I think you're a little high on Franklin, but with his skillset I don't think he lasts that long into the 2nd.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:10 AM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Crow, I think you're a little high on Franklin, but with his skillset I don't think he lasts that long into the 2nd.
Not sure but I really don't think that I am.

Dude was 6th in college football in yards, 24th in receptions, and 3rd in TDs in 2023 and he runs a 4.3 and has great routes. The only question mark at all on his resume is his drop rate. Is it enough to push him down that far because everything else is a top 20 pick. It wasn't enough to push Zay Flowers out of the first last year and Franklin is a 6'2" version of him. Hey, if it pushes him to 32, all the better.

The only questions I have in my rankings right now is that I might be selling Keon Coleman and Ladd McConkey short a bit.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:31 AM 02-05-2024
So much Ladd McConkey hype. So many people saying he's what Skyy Moore was supposed to be. Even folks saying he's "baby Kupp".

I want that route running guy for sure. No idea who that would be at this point but that role is badly needed.

I would also love to get a guy who can do the Hardman/Toney stuff but is built thicker and stronger to not be as injury prone. Trey Palmer was so perfect for that role. Surely a guy like that will be available in the 4th or 5th rd
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Dude was 6th in college football in yards, 24th in receptions, and 3rd in TDs in 2023 and he runs a 4.3 and has great routes. The only question mark at all on his resume is his drop rate. Is it enough to push him down that far because everything else is a top 20 pick. It wasn't enough to push Zay Flowers out of the first last year and Franklin is a 6'2" version of him. Hey, if it pushes him to 32, all the better.

The only questions I have in my rankings right now is that I might be selling Keon Coleman and Ladd McConkey short a bit.
If he runs that, I don't see a way he gets out of the 1st round, even if I'm not as high on him as you.

But I also didn't think Hyatt would last to where he did.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 02-05-2024

I think I've been selling him short as well. After a second look, I think he's significantly more athletic than I have him credit for. I think I'd be good with him at 31/32.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:48 AM 02-05-2024
Going to be hilarious if Franklin makes it into the mid 20s and the Chiefs trade in front of the Bills to get him.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:03 AM 02-05-2024
The guy I was on early last year was Rashee Rice. I switched gears to Jalin Hyatt later on. I'm not making that mistake again. It's been Franklin, I'm sticking with him to the bitter fucking end. LOL.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:16 AM 02-05-2024
The guy I was on early last year was Rashee Rice. I switched gears to Jalin Hyatt later on. I'm not making that mistake again. It's been Franklin, I'm sticking with him to the bitter ****ing end. LOL.
Pretty sure you turned the whole board onto Franklin.

He's pretty much the unanimous target now lol.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:17 AM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Going to be hilarious if Franklin makes it into the mid 20s and the Chiefs trade in front of the Bills to get him.
THIS is what I'm hoping for also.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:51 AM 02-05-2024
Oh, I would laugh so much if we get another video of the Bills’ war room reacting to the Chiefs trading in front of them again… to take the guy who is clearly the best fit for both teams at a key area of need.

I mean, say that plays out for Franklin this year.

Who is the Kair Elam version of WR in this draft? Xavier Legette?
[Reply]
JPH83 02:53 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is exactly what I was thinking, would be glorious. I've been pretty set on getting him, but to be honest I'm more and more relaxed about taking a few different routes. Any of the following works for me.

- Trade up ahead of the Bills for Franklin, call it good.
- Stay at 32 and get a traits guy like Legette, Mitchell or Walker (maybe) and double dip R4-5 with a guy like Malik Washington
- Move back and get one of the next tier in Wilson, Pearsall or Burton and again, double dip later.

We may not hit a home run and get a 1,000 yard rookie, but there's a lot of ways we end up better at WR.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:54 PM 02-05-2024
The guy I was on early last year was Rashee Rice. I switched gears to Jalin Hyatt later on. I'm not making that mistake again. It's been Franklin, I'm sticking with him to the bitter ****ing end. LOL.
And I'll be there with you
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:45 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Pretty sure you turned the whole board onto Franklin.

He's pretty much the unanimous target now lol.
I'm out on Franklin personally. For much of the same reasons I was out on Hyatt last year.i would bet, barring an exceptional combine, Franklin falls out of the top 50 this year.
[Reply]
Palangi 07:56 PM 02-05-2024
I’m with you. I’ve been very high on Franklin from the beginning too. I’ve been mocking him to the chiefs for months now.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:27 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I'm out on Franklin personally. For much of the same reasons I was out on Hyatt last year.i would bet, barring an exceptional combine, Franklin falls out of the top 50 this year.
Whoa! Hot take!

Buuuuuut he's not alone, Jeremiah and 1 or 2 others I've seen have Franklin going in the 2nd. Many others have him going at the very bottom of first, typically to us or the Bills. CP has fallen in love with him a bit and projects him to rise in the draft post combine, but we might be forgetting that Oregon's offenses gets a similar asterisk to TEN offenses... don't they? I'm not 100% sure, again, I'm not a college football fan just a draft junkie.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 191
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up