ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 163
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:43 AM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:

They don't lie. You however....
International friendly's usually don't have the top players from their teams playing.

Even during qualifiers this year we didn't have our best players playing lol. And trying to use stats from the 1950's is a bit absurd, which is why my statement said "recent". I'm talking games since the 90's have been relatively close, and they never should have been with some of those teams we had... and as someone else pointed out, in the few games they mattered, we won, and tied, the rest are all friendlies....

Recently (as in 12 years ago in 2010) when it truly mattered USA tied England 1-1 in a game USA had no business in drawing like the game this Friday. It's hard to judge teams in friendlies because the reason for friendly matches is to try new players and formations.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-22-2022, 11:45 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
penguinz 11:59 AM 11-22-2022
FYI ... Thursday Portugal vs Ghana AR1, the assistant referee on the team bench side of field, is a local referee. Kyle Atkins
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:27 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Wow, that’s got to be one of the biggest upsets in history
And there was much rejoicing:

[Reply]
Eleazar 12:48 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
International friendly's usually don't have the top players from their teams playing.

Even during qualifiers this year we didn't have our best players playing lol. And trying to use stats from the 1950's is a bit absurd, which is why my statement said "recent". I'm talking games since the 90's have been relatively close, and they never should have been with some of those teams we had... and as someone else pointed out, in the few games they mattered, we won, and tied, the rest are all friendlies....

Recently (as in 12 years ago in 2010) when it truly mattered USA tied England 1-1 in a game USA had no business in drawing like the game this Friday. It's hard to judge teams in friendlies because the reason for friendly matches is to try new players and formations.
So… saying we “have England’s number” based on friendlies is meaningless.

You could reference the draw in 2010, though most of our players were in grade school then
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:10 PM 11-22-2022
:-) must be Upset day
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:11 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
So… saying we “have England’s number” based on friendlies is meaningless.

You could reference the draw in 2010, though most of our players were in grade school then
So you agree with me then, that the friendlies are meaningless.. Since our pool of games to choose from is almost once every 10 years, in the last 20ish years, the two meaningful games where the USA and England brought their best players, the US bested England, and with the second ending a draw.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:12 PM 11-22-2022
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!! OI OI OI!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-22-2022, 01:13 PM
Womble 01:18 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:

[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:20 PM 11-22-2022
Womble - In the last 25 years we won all the friendlies.

USA - We won the games that mattered and/or tied.

Womble - Yeah but we won the friendlies. Also let me show you some games from before we were all born.

Lol what a idiot.
[Reply]
kstater 01:21 PM 11-22-2022
Who had Argentina and France losing their openers on their bingo card?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bdj23 01:22 PM 11-22-2022
Damn almost 2-0
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:28 PM 11-22-2022
Coulda/Woulda been a different game had they gotten up 2-0..

France probably runs away with this one now.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:29 PM 11-22-2022
A hon hon hon
[Reply]
bdj23 01:32 PM 11-22-2022
It's over
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-22-2022, 01:34 PM
Baby Lee 11-22-2022, 02:33 PM
Baby Lee 11-22-2022, 02:35 PM
TripleThreat 02:36 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Inevitable.

Just dominating
Agreed, it was clear Australia was trying to play the defend/counter game, but tbh they are getting rocked in the box.

Mbappe constantly just rushes the 6 yard line from the side and just passes it back to the top of the box, then you also just have all these crosses since France is dominating possession on the outside.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 163
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up