ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 59
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:10 AM 09-25-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
So, how was it?

I'm waiting til Tuesday to watch.
It was awesome Thrawn was totally "Zeiling" out
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:27 AM 09-25-2016
The only "problem" I had with the episode is that it felt like much of it was shown in the various previews, so there wasn't much new information.

It was "interesting" to see how they aged Ezra and especially, Sabine.

I can't help but think that the series storyline is getting closer to Rogue One.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:52 AM 09-28-2016
Thought it was okay, maybe a little underwhelming after the great conclusion to last season. Agree that maybe too much was shown in previews. No real surprises.

Ezra was a little too Tatooine Luke for my taste, really my only complaint.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:41 PM 09-28-2016
I don't like the Sith holocron being taken away so early in the game. The stuff with Canan was cool, though.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:58 PM 09-28-2016
Taken away doesn't mean 'gone'.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:59 PM 09-28-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Taken away doesn't mean 'gone'.
True. The Bendu is a Grey, so anything is possible.

Good point.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:31 PM 09-28-2016
ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit.....(not related to Rebels)

https://www.facebook.com/BestOfUfoSi...6513082801253/
[Reply]
Bowser 10:17 PM 10-01-2016
Good episode this week with the teaser "cliffhanger". Maul brings another dimension to this show as well as a connection to the Clone Wars.I like how they're using him. I also like how the Bendu is guiding Kanan and Ezra without really guiding them.....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:42 PM 10-01-2016
"I see two suns. He's still alive".

We're going to see a Maul-Vader showdown.

Who wins?

:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:50 PM 10-01-2016
coughcoughMaul/Obi-Wancough
[Reply]
Bowser 10:52 PM 10-01-2016
And I think Maul has what it takes to take him down.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:53 AM 10-02-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
coughcoughMaul/Obi-Wancough
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I immediately thought of Anakin/Vader and Luke.

I'd rather see an Obi Wan-Maul duel in live action on the big screen but I guess it could set up an Obi Wan movie, too.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:48 PM 10-02-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I immediately thought of Anakin/Vader and Luke.

I'd rather see an Obi Wan-Maul duel in live action on the big screen but I guess it could set up an Obi Wan movie, too.
We could both be right, maybe...

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:04 PM 10-02-2016
I don't remember, was it Obi who killed Maul's brother?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:23 PM 10-02-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I don't remember, was it Obi who killed Maul's brother?
Darth Sidious killed his brother, Savage Opress, on Mandalore.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 59
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up