ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2815 of 4866
« First < 1815231527152765280528112812281328142815 281628172818281928252865291533153815 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:56 PM 03-10-2022
Also:

pic.twitter.com/2zc5mZxGf5

— Brandon Walker (@bWalk01) March 11, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 07:00 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
General Paton does not mess around

:-)
The Cheating Donx had to still PAY VON'S SALARY! Dumbass! :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:04 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Broncos got the 32nd pick in the 2nd round and the equivalent of a 3rd in terms of value.

The Chargers got the 17th pick in the 2nd round.

It’s really not much of a difference at all, but I guess you have to blow things out of proportion when your GM has accomplished nothing on the field.
The Chargers will have Mack under contract for three years.

The Rams had Von for like 8 games.

If Paton signs Von next week it'll be the ultimate baller GM move.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:14 PM 03-10-2022
Taco Joe is kind of like herpes. Just when you think its gone.........
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:25 PM 03-10-2022

Russell Wilson, Ciara and Mark Rodgers checking in at the Broncos facility right after Russ was traded to Denver.

📸 via @FrontlineAM. pic.twitter.com/xvnKQjc4S1

— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevensDNVR) March 10, 2022
[Reply]
TEX 07:29 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
He has the look of the 3rd best QB in the division, on a last place team. :-)
[Reply]
manchambo 08:25 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
The Cheating Donx had to still PAY VON'S SALARY! Dumbass! :-)
What difference did it make for Denver to pay the rest of Von’s salary last year? No competitive one.
[Reply]
TEX 09:01 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by manchambo:
What difference did it make for Denver to pay the rest of Von’s salary last year? No competitive one.
Because, it was part of the reason as to how the deal was structured, of which Knowmo left out, and they paid it while he was with another team. Usually when a trade is made, the player contract is transferred to the team who is trading for the player. Bet Denver would like Seattle to be paying Wilson's salary now.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:38 PM 03-10-2022
Wilson has won one playoff game in the past 5 years...and missed the post-season, entirely, twice. The sole victory was against the Eagles...who lost Wentz in the first quarter. The QB's in his division have been Goff, Garoppolo, and Palmer/Rosen/Murray.

That's what you guys just bought...no way to sugarcoat it. He hasn't done anything of note since Seattle dismantled the Legion of Boom and Lynch walked.

He's better than what you had...but the Donks just gave two drafts for him...and lost their DT/TE. You just lost Miller...so it's not like the Donks are a stocked team. Essentially gave up 6 players to acquire him...and he's going to be expensive....one was a former 1st round TE.

Obviously, RW needs a complete team around him to succeed in the postseason.

I dont really pay much attention to the NFL anymore...didn't even know this happened until last night.

If the Donks fail to beat KC next year...would you consider this trade worth it?
[Reply]
manchambo 11:43 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Because, it was part of the reason as to how the deal was structured, of which Knowmo left out, and they paid it while he was with another team. Usually when a trade is made, the player contract is transferred to the team who is trading for the player. Bet Denver would like Seattle to be paying Wilson's salary now.
Seattle actually is taking a substantial cap hit on Russel, as I understand. But as a football fan, I care about the team putting out the best team it can under the cap. And paying part of Von’s salary to get picks is the best way to do that in my book, as compared to saving player salary last year.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:56 AM 03-11-2022
If the Donks win one play-off game in the next 5 years...would you consider this trade a success? The AFC West has a much more competitive QB situation...and this would mirror what Wilson has produced in the previous 5 seasons.

They have a lot of holes to fill at critical positions and no top draft capital to fill them for a few years.

He essentially jumped ship from one mediocre team to another...but his new team has no means to build their roster other than FAs...plus a new coaching staff.

If they were able to land Sean Payton....things might get interesting down the road.

I know Donk fans live in 2015 land...but this scenario is a lot different. The NFL doesn't coddle Wilson like they did Manning...and Manning was able to recruit aging HOF players while still having draft picks. They got him for nothing...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:48 AM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If the Donks win one play-off game in the next 5 years...would you consider this trade a success? The AFC West has a much more competitive QB situation...and this would mirror what Wilson has produced in the previous 5 seasons.

They have a lot of holes to fill at critical positions and no top draft capital to fill them for a few years.

He essentially jumped ship from one mediocre team to another...but his new team has no means to build their roster other than FAs...plus a new coaching staff.

If they were able to land Sean Payton....things might get interesting down the road.

I know Donk fans live in 2015 land...but this scenario is a lot different. The NFL doesn't coddle Wilson like they did Manning...and Manning was able to recruit aging HOF players while still having draft picks. They got him for nothing...
No means… you talk as if Denver has nothing but fifth round picks left. In the upcoming draft, Denver has 5 picks in the first 4 rounds, including a R2 pick.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:48 AM 03-11-2022
I'll say this... we all know that this is a QB driven league and if you don't have a consistent top performer, the team isn't going anywhere.

Denver made the move to get Wilson to solve this problem. We can break down and discuss why things didn't work out in SEA for the last 5 years a hundred different ways.

We can also break down the merits or lack of with the talent on the team he is joining. It's what forums like this were built for - every joe six pack gets a voice and a chance to show why he's smarter than NFL coaches.

There were so "pure gold" QBs in this draft and in this division, the longer you wait to get a top QB, the longer you will suck. All in, I think it's a fine deal for Denver and if Wilson can play at the level he has (even last year was a decent statistical year) until he's 38-39, then it's worth the trade.

The AFCW is KC's to lose for the next decade, bottom line. One of the other teams can win it maybe 3-4 times in the next decade, which means those other 6 years, the other teams are staring at the wildcard.

Two team should be able to emerge from this division every year, so it's going to be a dog fight.

The Broncos have a strong nucleus in all 3 phases right now, but they still need impact players in the draft and FA ... and they have good cap space.

Draft 22:
R2:64
R3:75
R3:96
R4:113
R4:114

That's 4 picks in the top 100 and 5 through the first 4 rounds. And, then they have 4 picks from Rounds 5-7.

Denver is not going to have issues drafting young guys in 2022. Those top 5 picks are still in the area where quality players are available. Additionally, if someone is sitting there in the 40-50's ... they can trade 2 picks to move up.

I'll worry about 2023 in 2023...

This division is going to be fun to watch in 2022 and as a Broncos' fan, it is glorious to know that we have a QB that has been statistically consistent at a high level and is only going to be 34 when the season starts.

The Broncos are easily built right now to challenge for a wildcard spot as a worst case scenario. It's baby steps and if they can hit that 10 win mark, which I believe is realistic, then they should have a legitimate shot at a wildcard. Get there, make that happen and continue to build - that's all I'm looking for right now.
[Reply]
TEX 12:00 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Seattle actually is taking a substantial cap hit on Russel, as I understand. But as a football fan, I care about the team putting out the best team it can under the cap. And paying part of Von’s salary to get picks is the best way to do that in my book, as compared to saving player salary last year.
Cap hit is far different animal than still having to pay a player that you traded away. That was the topic of discussion.... Seattle is actually saving about $13 Million with this move. You only care part time, true fan.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:21 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The AFCW is KC's to lose for the next decade, bottom line. One of the other teams can win it maybe 3-4 times in the next decade, which means those other 6 years, the other teams are staring at the wildcard.
I don't know why you'd concede the division to the Chiefs for the next decade. The AFCW will be a tossup for the foreseeable future.

Back when the Chiefs had Mahomes and the rest of the QB's in the division were Carr, an unknown rookie named Herbert, and Drew Lock, yeah, the Chiefs had it locked down. It's a whole new world now. KC is in a very precarious situation right now. They have major holes at important positions (DL, RT, CB), plus some holes at WR, RB, and safety and they don't have a lot of cap room to address them (currently $6M over the cap).

Mahomes isn't enough anymore. The difference between the top 5 to 7 QB's in the league is tiny. Besides overall team health, pass rush and defense is the thing that is going to determine who wins more Super Bowls in this division over the next 5 years.
[Reply]
Page 2815 of 4866
« First < 1815231527152765280528112812281328142815 281628172818281928252865291533153815 > Last »
Up