ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2311 of 4866
« First < 1311181122112261230123072308230923102311 231223132314231523212361241128113311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:04 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
There is a lot riding on that game. Strange to think that Mahomes has already beat you guys 3 in a row- where does the time go?

This next game will be your best chance to break the streak. The NFL really gave you a nice advantage making us play on the road after 4 days rest.
:-)

Coming to Arrowhead is going to be tough for you guys, I imagine Flaco will be hurt by then and Lock will be the starter. Rookie QB's have not done well in KC.
Does the whining never end?

Thankfully, this year Denver opens on the road and has 3 of the first 5 on the road. Then, after a week 10 bye, they play 4 of 5 on the road.
[Reply]
TEX 09:25 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

Thankfully, this year Denver opens on the road and has 3 of the first 5 on the road. Then, after a week 10 bye, they play 4 of 5 on the road.
FINALLY NOT a front loaded home schedule. :-)
You and I have been waiting for such an event to happen. Took FOREVER but it's finally here!

I'm betting Denver gets off to its worst start in years - even though many Donx fans think that this year's team will be better than the past two because VJ is gone. Like I said earlier, NOBODY will be mistaking this Denver team for a playoff team this season due to early season success at home.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:26 AM 07-18-2019

Not complaining, just stating that is a hell of an advantage. We play a tough Texan team and then have to play on the road in that thin air four days later. We are going to be gassed by the 4th quarter.

The Refs helped break the Chargers losing streak to us last year and the Faders the year before- probably be your turn now to keep the parity thing going. I expect you will get very generous calls to keep it close.

At least they didn't make us play in Mexico right before you guys.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:43 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
FINALLY NOT a front loaded home schedule. :-)
You and I have been waiting for such an event to happen. Took FOREVER but it's finally here!

I'm betting Denver gets off to its worst start in years - even though many Donx fans think that this year's team will be better than the past two because VJ is gone. Like I said earlier, NOBODY will be mistaking this Denver team for a playoff team this season due to early season success at home.
So, I'll say this... I do believe I have more trust in this coaching staff compared to what we had with Vance. Vic is a smart guy and has what appears to be great minds around him and that's what matters.

I like Scangarello's upside and the fact they were able to lure Munchak over to fix the OL, that's one of their biggest needs of correction.

Defensively, we'll see what Donatell and the new staff can do with the defense.

Several new key players that look nice. Will they win 10+ games? Likely not, but is there a reasonable expectation to surpass 5 and 6 wins? I think so.

Fix that OL... and they have a nice set of young RBs, WRs and TEs that they can do a lot with, so that's promising. Consistency with the younger players will be the challenge. Can Munchak fix Bolles? We shall see and will be nice to see what Risner and James can bring.

Lindsay may see a decrease if they changes on offense put Freeman more in a lead or truly dual role and I don't think that's a bad thing. Sutton, Hamilton, Sanders will be a good trio for Flacco and the addition of Fant with a healthy Jake Butt (big question) gives them potentially they're most dynamic set of playmakers in a few years.

Defensively, I think they've addressed some key areas and will be improved.

We'll see what happens as camps open up. Brutal schedule for sure...

@ Raiders, Bears, @ Packers, Jaguars
@ Chargers, Titans, Chiefs, @ Colts
Browns, BYE, @ Vikings, @ Bills, Chargers
@ Texans, @ Chiefs, Lions, Raiders
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:11 AM 07-18-2019

Wow, I'm having a hard time seeing wins past the bills, lions and a split with the faid. Maybe the bears considering they have to come to you early in the season. Other than that, it looks like it's shaping up to be another looong year in donkeyville
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:11 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
Wow, I'm having a hard time seeing wins past the bills, lions and a split with the faid. Maybe the bears considering they have to come to you early in the season. Other than that, it looks like it's shaping up to be another looong year in donkeyville
Maybe...
[Reply]
New World Order 11:17 AM 07-18-2019
KC: 13-3

LA: 12-4

Denver: 7-9

Oak: 4-12
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:34 AM 07-18-2019

As the first practice of training camp is drawing to a close, Broncos linebacker Todd Davis was just taken to the locker room. He was limping as he went in. https://t.co/FHSiQltgAz

— Jeff Legwold (@Jeff_Legwold) July 18, 2019

[Reply]
BlackOp 11:45 AM 07-18-2019
is there a reasonable expectation to surpass 5 and 6 wins? I think so.

I'm trying to figure which games the Donks will be favored in...maybe home against the Raiders? Bills?

Every other team on that schedule is better than Denver...4 wins might be a reality.

If the Donks get a top 3 pick...will they draft another QB?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:20 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm trying to figure which games the Donks will be favored in...maybe home against the Raiders? Bills?

Every other team on that schedule is better than Denver...4 wins might be a reality.

If the Donks get a top 3 pick...will they draft another QB?
I'm not going to worry much about the games they'll be favored in. Just a few random thoughts.

I could see them going 2-2 in this stretch, losing @ Pack and possibly the Bears. Raiders will be tough, but they have a ton of questions as well. Jags - tough place early in the season and they have a new QB. Jags will have played KC, Houston and the Titans in the first 3 weeks.... tough start.
This will be a brutal stretch, I think they lose both road games and believe they can beat TN and they will play KC close in Denver. 2-2, maybe 1-3
Right now, you have to say CLE is favored - they have a tough start and after the bye, they play @ NE and then travel to DEN. Vikings... tough one, likely a road loss. Bills - coin flip and Chargers at home... they've split the last 3 seasons, could be a win. 2-2 best case, maybe 1-3 reality
Two big road games, I'll chalk this up as 2-2.

So, I have 6 wins worst case at this point and think it will be 8-9 overall. At this point, anything can happen and I souldn't be shocked. They won't win more than 8-9 wins though, that's the ceiling.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:25 PM 07-18-2019
I think the Donks can field the best defense Joe Flacco has had in years. That alone can win you games in the NFL.

I just wouldn't count on much from that offense, though. The only way the Donks are getting anywhere is if the defense is absolutely stifling. Like, we're talking better than the 2015 Donk defense.
[Reply]
TEX 12:46 PM 07-18-2019
I'm not going to worry much about the games they'll be favored in. Just a few random thoughts.

I could see them going 2-2 in this stretch, losing @ Pack and possibly the Bears. Raiders will be tough, but they have a ton of questions as well. Jags - tough place early in the season and they have a new QB. Jags will have played KC, Houston and the Titans in the first 3 weeks.... tough start.
This will be a brutal stretch, I think they lose both road games and believe they can beat TN and they will play KC close in Denver. 2-2, maybe 1-3
Right now, you have to say CLE is favored - they have a tough start and after the bye, they play @ NE and then travel to DEN. Vikings... tough one, likely a road loss. Bills - coin flip and Chargers at home... they've split the last 3 seasons, could be a win. 2-2 best case, maybe 1-3 reality

So, I have 6 wins worst case at this point and think it will be 8-9 overall. At this point, anything can happen and I souldn't be shocked. They won't win more than 8-9 wins though, that's the ceiling.
6-10 is their ceiling. I think they finish last in the AFC West. Back to back to back seasons with 10 or more losses. :-)
[Reply]
chinaski 12:47 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
KC: 13-3

LA: 12-4

Denver: 7-9

Oak: 4-12

Flip Oakland and Denver. I actually think Oakland will be somewhere around 7-9 or 8-8, Denver will be last in the division.

Oakland does have a relatively "serviceable" Quarterback, even though he did cry that one time.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:12 PM 07-18-2019

Trust me, I want the Donks to finish 8-8.

That will take them out of the running for a real QB prospect...I think 6-10 is their best case scenario.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:20 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think the Donks can field the best defense Joe Flacco has had in years. That alone can win you games in the NFL.

I just wouldn't count on much from that offense, though. The only way the Donks are getting anywhere is if the defense is absolutely stifling. Like, we're talking better than the 2015 Donk defense.
That's why Munchak and the focus on the OL is so important. Lindsay, Freeman, Booker and Janovich at FB are a nice group. Fant, Butt and Heuerman at TE is the area outside of OL that has to pick up the production the most. If the line can be stable and the group of RBs can set a tone, that will help the passing game a lot. Flacco isnt all-world, but he can be productive.

I think the defense will be fine, but it won't be all world 2015 level great.
[Reply]
Page 2311 of 4866
« First < 1311181122112261230123072308230923102311 231223132314231523212361241128113311 > Last »
Up