Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Noah Gray Thread*****
Dante84 12:44 PM 05-01-2021
Surprise! More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:50 AM 05-03-2021
So he's not going to be a 'true' backup to Kelce but is gonna be an H-Back?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:51 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
So he's not going to be a 'true' backup to Kelce but is gonna be an H-Back?
Veach said they can line him up in the slot, H-Back, and at FB.

He specifically said that he offers a similar skill set and that’s valuable because they don’t have anybody else like that when Kelce’s not on the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:51 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sounds like fun!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:52 AM 05-03-2021
So maybe a Chris Cooley type? Similar size and everything. Gray needs to bulk up just a bit, but nothing crazy.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:02 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Put Kelce on the line and this guy in the slot and you have a lot of fun things you can do to defenses.

Probably can't cover him with a linebacker so now you're opening yourself to getting run on.

OR he can be a very nice option as a blocker on WR screens.
Man, it's going to be ridiculous this year. Teams will have to prepare for our improved run game to go with legit screen and play action options thanks to the new o-line, and now Andy is going to get to have fun with a 12 personnel package.

Mahomes in shotgun with CEH to his left
Hill and Hardman (Powell?) out wide
Kelce in the slot to the right
Gray inline

It just isn't fair, and I love it.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:04 PM 05-03-2021

He specifically said that he offers a similar skill set and that’s valuable because they don’t have anybody else like that when Kelce’s not on the field.

Now you're going to potentially line a guy up at Sherman's old spot that is having his skill set compared to Kelce's? Haha, shiiiiit.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:29 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sounds like fun!
I was thinking that he would be our version of Kyle Juszczyk.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 PM 05-03-2021

I think this is Andy's new wrinkle this year.

Other teams loading up on corners and speed in their secondaries and we're going to run big slot, H-back, 21 and beat them physically underneath while Hill and Hardman kill them deep.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:04 PM 05-03-2021
And remember guys he was a qb before he played TE so Andy may be able to scheme up plays where he throws the ball once in a while which would really put defenses in a bind :-) . I honestly have a really good feeling about this kid...he moves like Kelce but has skills like that San Fran fullback who scored on us in the SB.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:10 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Kelce's reign as the top stud in KC is done.

lol I thought his arm said Nothing Can Stop Covid and I was like damn dude the pandemic was rough on this guy
[Reply]
Dante84 09:49 PM 05-03-2021
Just had a thought.

No team has a Tyreek, and no team has a Kelce. And certainly no team has a Tyreek AND a Kelce. Sure, they've tried to replicate it, but no one has yet.

It’s so hard to defend. Long or short, pick your poison. That’s why it worked.

Until they keyed in on our beat up line and dropped 7 or 8. It slowed us down.

Now, we have a monster line, and they’ll need to provide help in the box because you’re either giving Patrick all day to throw, or jog, or CEH will **** you up.

Back to plan A - Tyreek or Kelce.

EXCEPT... now...

We have Tyreek and Tyreek Jr, and we have Kelce and Kelce Jr all at the same time. They’ll have to commit their C and D resources on an island to Mecole and Noah. And if they’re in zone, we motion them and flip-flop sides. Defend in and out. Or near and wide. Or deep and short.

Our offense is fucking terrifying to defend now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:02 AM 05-04-2021
Love this pick. How good does he actually have to be when everyone's double covering tyreek and kelce? If he can actually play fullback, even better. With our offense it feels like a waste to have a fullback in there. We need blockers who are an actual receiving option.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:10 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Man, it's going to be ridiculous this year. Teams will have to prepare for our improved run game to go with legit screen and play action options thanks to the new o-line, and now Andy is going to get to have fun with a 12 personnel package.

Mahomes in shotgun with CEH to his left
Hill and Hardman (Powell?) out wide
Kelce in the slot to the right
Gray inline

It just isn't fair, and I love it.
Is this a legal formation? I don't think all good be eligble.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:15 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Is this a legal formation? I don't think all good be eligble.
Just need 7 lined up on the line of scrimmage.

5 OL.
2 WR/TE
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:13 AM 05-04-2021

Just seems like a philosophy switch from Reid & Co.

If you transposed Gray's raw metrics onto Anthony Sherman: would Sherman still have exactly the same role he had in KC (primary special team, second as FB in a less-than-run heavy offense) or is Sherman used in a totally different way?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up