ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 315 of 324
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 03:54 PM 12-14-2023
EPA/play is a better predictor in my opinion. They're right there with the Lions and Eagles.

Definitely could be better though.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:04 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
My issue with Evans, as great as an improvement as that would be is that Kelce is aging out as we speak.

So we need a #1 WR ready to go soon that can play here for the next 5 years.

If Evans is a short-term bandaid then maybe they can do both but I don't see this front office paying Evans AND trading up for a WR in the same offseason.

It’s one path.

If the FA WR you add and are banking on as the top guy is an older player - Evans or Ridley or Keenan Allen if he is cut - you have to keep investing draft resources at WR.

I don’t think it requires a trade up if it isn’t a good fit or price. It can be taking a WR in round 1 or 2 each of the next 2-3 years and counting on numbers to fix the issue.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:13 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
EPA/play is a better predictor in my opinion. They're right there with the Lions and Eagles.

Definitely could be better though.

Any system that ranks this offense highly is worse than points per play.

Both Super Bowl victories under Mahomes we were 1st. The two teams who met in the Super Bowl last year were 1 and 2 in that stat
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:16 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s one path.

If the FA WR you add and are banking on as the top guy is an older player - Evans or Ridley or Keenan Allen if he is cut - you have to keep investing draft resources at WR.

I don’t think it requires a trade up if it isn’t a good fit or price. It can be taking a WR in round 1 or 2 each of the next 2-3 years and counting on numbers to fix the issue.

I don’t hate it I would just prefer we try to secure a young #1WR option this year. We need to be aggressive. If we sign an older player that’s fine but what I don’t want to see is just a band aid.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:23 PM 12-14-2023
Link to an article that touches on EPA, among other things:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...kadarius-toney

Excerpts:
"Since Week 8, the Chiefs rank 24th in expected points added (EPA) per dropback."

"Here are the quarterbacks who are running the passing offenses ranked behind Kansas City.

Joe Flacco, Cleveland Browns
Bailey Zappe, New England Patriots
Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals
Bryce Young, Carolina Panthers
Zach Wilson, New York Jets
Tommy Devito, New York Giants
Aidan O’Connell, Las Vegas Raiders"

"It can be started pretty simply: this season, Moore and Toney have been among the league’s worst wide receivers."

"In 2022, neither [KT/S. Moore] had production that would justify a belief they could be high-level contributors this season — and yet, the Chiefs trusted them to be starters who could play at a championship level."
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:08 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
From now on anyone who questions you over throwing the kitchen sink at SF for Aiyuk, just show them this.
Why in the hell would SF get rid of Aiyuk? That would be insanely stupid.

They're not paying a QB.

They're not fucking getting rid of Aiyuk.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:12 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They're aren't good. They're about as average as it gets. And while the drops have been bad, historically bad, they're just a part of the total miasma of shite execution these guys have put on tape. And worse, they've been trending in the wrong direction since Week 6.

But yeah, 100% please stop turning the ball over. Could've won at least a couple more games if not for those.
If they clean up the mistakes they can be good enough. Our floor with mahomes and Reid without the mistakes is higher than many ceilings. the path is set for us in the playoffs if we do. Plenty of flaws in the afc slate.
[Reply]
TEX 07:25 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

They're not paying a QB.

They're not ****ing getting rid of Aiyuk.
Exactly. Plus they picked up his option. He's not going anywhere next year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 PM 12-14-2023

They're not paying a QB.

He won’t want to play on the one year deal, he’ll wanna get extended. They’ve paid a lot of guys and need to pay some defensive ends

They’ll trade him this off-season
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He won’t want to play on the one year deal, he’ll wanna get extended. They’ve paid a lot of guys and need to pay some defensive ends

They’ll trade him this off-season
After looking at how horrendous their cap is, maybe.

If we did that, it's no Jones and no Sneed.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:12 AM 12-15-2023
Doesn't SF need to pay Purdy next year?

Aiyuk would be a very nice get.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:15 AM 12-15-2023

They're not paying a QB.

SF will likely need to sign Purdy to an extension after next season, so the time for them to not be paying a QB has almost come to an end.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:29 AM 12-15-2023

[Reply]
Toad 10:25 AM 12-15-2023

They're not paying a QB.

“After looking at how horrendous their cap is, maybe.

If we did that, it's no Jones and no Sneed.”

That is a pretty big flip/flop…
[Reply]
BWillie 10:31 AM 12-15-2023
Originally Posted by Toad:
“After looking at how horrendous their cap is, maybe.

If we did that, it's no Jones and no Sneed.”

That is a pretty big flip/flop…
Offense wins championships.

Defense loses championships to the Chiefs. See Philly. See 49ers. See Browns this year. Aint gonna do shit.
[Reply]
Page 315 of 324
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319 > Last »
Up