ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 310 of 324
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 12:39 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He brings nothing to this board but lies and bitching. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a okcchiefs mult
Nothing eh, that's kinda funny.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:41 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought we were comparing Pat to all time greats, not just every other QB?

Is he on the level of Josh Allen or Burrow? I thought he wasn't? I'm confused again.
The All Time greats generally didn't spend swaths of their career throwing to trash and the ones that did complained about it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:42 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The All Time greats generally didn't spend swaths of their career throwing to trash and the ones that did complained about it.
I agree.

I'm just not sure which poster will be the first to bitch when we lose some games in the future 43-40. Tough to figure out.
[Reply]
O.city 12:44 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes, having a WR that can run the routes, get open and catch the ball NOT NEEDED here.

No wonder you blame Mahomes. Who needs all that basic shit, he should be thriving!!!

Veteran WR's that do their job are needed on any real football team.

:-)

Hopefully our front office doesn't ever try this again.
I expect more from a guy making 60 million dollars a year than a few second round young WRs.

MVS isn't good.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:45 PM 12-14-2023
I'm not the one pining for JJSS. Never knew he was the difference between a top 10 QB and the best QB season of all time.

New England is really underpaying him.
It isn't just that we are missing JJSS. Kelce got a year older and holy hell it is showing. MVS regressed back to his average. Moore regressed while never even taking a foot forward upon his arrival in KC. We didn't have a tackle getting flagged 3 times a game last season.

Our #1 WR has never in his life sniffed a 700 yard season while catching footballs from not just one... but TWO football gods. But yes, dammit Mahomes... play better.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 12-14-2023
In all seriousness, this is why there just aren't gonna be teams that have paid these QB's this much hanging around.

The Bills are pretty much done, the Bengals are nearing it.

The Chiefs have a chance because Pat is just different than them, but he has to be what he was last year. He's shown he can do it, that's why I think you guys do him a disservice by excusing some of this away.

It's ok to hold him to a higher standard than Josh Allen or Joe Burrow.
[Reply]
O.city 12:48 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
It isn't just that we are missing JJSS. Kelce got a year older and holy hell it is showing. MVS regressed back to his average. Moore regressed while never even taking a foot forward upon his arrival in KC. We didn't have a tackle getting flagged 3 times a game last season.

Our #1 WR has never in his life sniffed a 700 yard season while catching footballs from not just one... but TWO football gods. But yes, dammit Mahomes... play better.
I agree. They've regressed. That's what sucks.

Using that info now to make decisions in August is backwards though. They thought Pat could keep that pace up. That was just gonna be impossible because of how damn good it was last year.

They'll re set and move forward I'd imagine.

But again, with the $ they're paying him, it just is what it is. He's gonna have to be elite all the time.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:49 PM 12-14-2023
Why do people still say that our #1 WR is anybody but Rice?

He's officially getting the most snaps, and has been getting the most targets for weeks now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:52 PM 12-14-2023
Kelce is the number 1 option and Rice is number 2. Why do some of you constantly ignore that? It's been the absolute drop off of McKinnon and the 3 through 5 guys not doing anything that's the killer. Look at McKinnons 2nd half last year...
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:53 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why do people still say that our #1 WR is anybody but Rice?

He's officially getting the most snaps, and has been getting the most targets for weeks now.
Mostly because the Chiefs have Rice listed second on the depth chart at every WR position. Because MVS is paid 70% of all the money invested in the WR room. Because that is what he was supposed to be coming into this season.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/depth-chart
[Reply]
TEX 12:55 PM 12-14-2023

Using that info now to make decisions in August is backwards though. They thought Pat could keep that pace up. That was just gonna be impossible because of how damn good it was last year.

But again, with the $ they're paying him, it just is what it is. He's gonna have to be elite all the time.
Whatever they pay Pat, they must get WR's that can CATCH. That's the main thing. :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:55 PM 12-14-2023

I would argue that if Mahomes wasn’t being Mahomes… this would be a 9-8 team this season with absolutely zero chance at even making the playoffs.

Even Jordan missed game winning shots.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:56 PM 12-14-2023
I agree.

I'm just not sure which poster will be the first to bitch when we lose some games in the future 43-40. Tough to figure out.
I mean that's fair but if I have my choice I'll take a defense that is a little less talented than this one to give the best player in the world guys to throw the ball to.

The defense is loaded with high draft picks now, I'm not gonna say we suck at drafting weapons we just haven't invested a lot of resources into it.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:00 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Mostly because the Chiefs have Rice listed second on the depth chart at every WR position. Because MVS is paid 70% of all the money invested in the WR room. Because that is what he was supposed to be coming into this season.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/depth-chart
:-)

Then you have no clue what actually defines a #1 WR.

Hint: If you're the most productive, with the most snaps, and the most targets, you're the #1 WR.

Rice is a rookie, of course he wasn't the #1 WR week 1. That has nothing to do with today.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:06 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean that's fair but if I have my choice I'll take a defense that is a little less talented than this one to give the best player in the world guys to throw the ball to.

The defense is loaded with high draft picks now, I'm not gonna say we suck at drafting weapons we just haven't invested a lot of resources into it.
Yes, defense still matters. But our front office has been lights out picking defensive players after Speaks. So with Spags, good corners and decent pass-rush that's plenty if you have Mahomes and an elite offense.

My build would be towards making sure offense is maximized with Mahomes and then you make good draft picks and add cheap vet ring chasers to fill out roster.

I love Bolton but linebacker can't be a priority position, especially when you can't even get 3 NFL quality WR's on the field.

With Kelce aging out and Chris Jones probably leaving time to go get a #1WR that can play with Mahomes next 5-6 years.
[Reply]
Page 310 of 324
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Up