ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags Sign Tebow
ModSocks 12:21 PM 05-10-2021
Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.

The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/footb...nville-jaguars
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:25 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
He did not do admirably well in his minor league career, it was below average at best.
He is not a baseball player. He barely played it the few years before he jumped in. It is not close to his best sport. He wasn't great but he wasn't bad. And that is very admirable.

Jordan wasn't a good baseball player either. But by the time he left the sport he was actually serviceable. That's a hell of an achievement. We're not talking bo Jackson or deion here who had natural talent and experience in the sport.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:37 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He is not a baseball player. He barely played it the few years before he jumped in. It is not close to his best sport. He wasn't great but he wasn't bad. And that is very admirable.

Jordan wasn't a good baseball player either. But by the time he left the sport he was actually serviceable. That's a hell of an achievement. We're not talking bo Jackson or deion here who had natural talent and experience in the sport.
He was bad, he had one half way ok year out of 4, the other 3 were bad.

Jordan played one year of minor league ball and was shit the entire time, he wasn’t serviceable at all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:04 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
He was bad, he had one half way ok year out of 4, the other 3 were bad.

Jordan played one year of minor league ball and was shit the entire time, he wasn’t serviceable at all.
Jordan finished his career hitting. 250 in the Arizona fall league. Tebow hit .273 in AA. Again these are not natural baseball players. These are athletes from other sports who wanted to prove they can play a different sport. What are you expecting from players who took 5 - 10 years off of baseball then decided to play with some of the world's best? You're not comparing them to major leaguers are you? Of course they aren't but who in the world expected them to be?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:42 AM 05-12-2021
Urban Meyer is already fucking up. This like when Steve Spurrier signed a bunch of his old gator players during his Washington days.

Lot of reports out there that the players are not happy with this and they should be pissed. No way they don't cut him during camp.
[Reply]
jettio 09:11 AM 05-12-2021
If no player or front office person in Jacksonville will put their name on this supposed gripe, then it is just another example of a non-story taking up time on sports talk programs.

There are 32 NFL teams and teams can have 90 players when training camp starts and for a couple weeks into training camp.

That is 2,880 players.

If Tebow is being evaluated fairly when he is practicing, then this is nothing but a bunch of nonsense being talked about.
[Reply]
jettio 09:16 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

:-)
Does Bush play for the same Pittsburgh Steelers that signed Dewayne Haskins and never signed Colin Kaepernick?

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that your own NFL team did not do the thing you are blaming Jacksonville for?
[Reply]
morphius 09:39 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Does Bush play for the same Pittsburgh Steelers that signed Dewayne Haskins and never signed Colin Kaepernick?

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that your own NFL team did not do the thing you are blaming Jacksonville for?
It is even more stupid, K has shown very little that he really wants to work his way back into the league, screwed up his NFL tryout, refused to play in minor league because he wanted to be paid too much, etc, etc. Getting paid as the victim is worth so much more for him anyway.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:45 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
It is even more stupid, K has shown very little that he really wants to work his way back into the league, screwed up his NFL tryout, refused to play in minor league because he wanted to be paid too much, etc, etc. Getting paid as the victim is worth so much more for him anyway.
Yeah, I think Kaepernick has made more of a killing not playing than playing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be on some team if he was just willing to take a backup contract. I dont think he cares if he plays or not. Tebow actually wants to play. It's a dumb move by the jags but id love to see him do well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:57 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How many times do you hear a player interview, and the guy says, "First of all, I want to thank the Lord Jesus Christ"

Every friggin athlete loves Jesus. Some more than others. I refuse to believe Tebow was the one Jesus-loving athlete that people decided to be annoyed by.

Reggie White. Drew Brees. Kurt Warner. All high-profile NFL guys who were extremely vocal about their faith. What's the difference between them and Tebow? Oh yeah. Talent. They're all HOFers or future HOFers. Nobody ever had to explain to people that Reggie White was great when it was plain that he sucked... and that's because Reggie White was FAR from a sucky player.

Again, it was never his religion. It was people shoving him down our throats saying, "Watch this, he's great!" Maybe those people thought he'd be great because they shared his faith. But as for the anti-Tebow crowd, most of them didn't give a shit.

If you think I'm misremembering events, you're welcome to explain why he's the Christian athlete that everybody hates because of his faith.
You're definitely misremembering events. Reggie White was despised, not only for his faith but for his somewhat malformed opinions on things like Asians being tiny people known for making tiny things.

Kurt Warner was reviled for a time - both he and his wife - for their religion and the associated political views.

Only Drew Brees on your list has faced almost no backlash and that's not surprising because he's not nearly as vocal as the other two, and not even close to being as outspoken as Tebow.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:00 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, I think Kaepernick has made more of a killing not playing than playing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be on some team if he was just willing to take a backup contract. I dont think he cares if he plays or not. Tebow actually wants to play. It's a dumb move by the jags but id love to see him do well.
Kaep views himself as the modern day Ali... he made over $40M in the NFL, reportedly $10M or so with the NFL settlement and his NIKE contract (based on averages) is about another $10M per year.

So, yeah... he's paid more to not play essentially.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:04 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're definitely misremembering events. Reggie White was despised, not only for his faith but for his somewhat malformed opinions on things like Asians being tiny people known for making tiny things.

Kurt Warner was reviled for a time - both he and his wife - for their religion and the associated political views.

Only Drew Brees on your list has faced almost no backlash and that's not surprising because he's not nearly as vocal as the other two, and not even close to being as outspoken as Tebow.
Well, they should shut up and stay in their lane. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Well, they should shut up and stay in their lane. :-)
Certainly can't have people out there speaking their minds. It's too dangerous.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:16 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Tebow is ripped on because religion seems to be the only thing he cares about or wants to talk about.

I'm not a religious person and if you are that's fine. But there's also a large portion of people that don't enjoy having it shoved in their face every 5 seconds. I fall into that category, if you take every opportunity to tell me how cool Jesus is that's gonna get on my nerves.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tebow is ripped on because religion seems to be the only thing he cares about or wants to talk about.

I'm not a religious person and if you are that's fine. But there's also a large portion of people that don't enjoy having it shoved in their face every 5 seconds. I fall into that category, if you take every opportunity to tell me how cool Jesus is that's gonna get on my nerves.
Honestly, it sounds like that's your problem, not his.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 05-12-2021
Which takes me back to my original comment:

I find it ironic and funny that people get so disjointed about something they're absolutely convinced is a fairy tale.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up