ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3715 of 3903
« First < 2715321536153665370537113712371337143715 3716371737183719372537653815 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:25 PM 09-07-2021
This stinks: https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...et-the-vaccine

TikTok Creator Shortly Before COVID Death: ‘Get the Vaccine’
[Reply]
sedated 04:20 PM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Was it posted to illicit a political response?

If not, why was it posted?

If someone were to post positive information about ivermectin, what would the response be?

There are your answers.

I don't give a shit about ivermectin either way, but your comment was out of left field, and is really out of place in this thread.
People have posted about ivermectin, and conversation ensued as long as everyone remained civil. No one was booted that I know of.

IMHO that post wasn't political or baiting, and haven't seen a mod say anything about it.
[Reply]
Otter 05:36 AM 09-08-2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:54 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This stinks: https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...et-the-vaccine

TikTok Creator Shortly Before COVID Death: ‘Get the Vaccine’
She was a really, really large lady and a prime candidate for a bad outcome from COVID. The MSM, and the CDC, has done all of the US, and the world, a disservice for not telling people bluntly that COVID disproportionately kills obese people.
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
She was a really, really large lady and a prime candidate for a bad outcome from COVID. The MSM, and the CDC, has done all of the US, and the world, a disservice for not telling people bluntly that COVID disproportionately kills obese people.
So, it actually doesn't.

If you look at the numbers, the percent of people getting seriously ill from covid is closely matched to the percent of people obese. So that would lead to seem that obesity is just a minor risk factor.

Kind of like "if 90% of murders are committed by right handed people, right handed people are more likely to commit murder"
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:23 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So, it actually doesn't.

If you look at the numbers, the percent of people getting seriously ill from covid is closely matched to the percent of people obese. So that would lead to seem that obesity is just a minor risk factor.

Kind of like "if 90% of murders are committed by right handed people, right handed people are more likely to commit murder"
How many young fit people die from COVID? Perhaps it is just the selection by the MSM for showing young people hospitalized or dying from COVID, but nearly all of them are obese, and the number/percentage of obese deaths is greater than the population at large by about 10%, 68% vs 78%. In fact until Delta, I don't remember seeing a single young healthy person who died from COVID on the news, or that I knew.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:32 AM 09-08-2021
Remarkable effects of fat loss on the immune system
Date:
April 20, 2010
Source:
Garvan Institute
Summary:
Scientists have shown for the first time that even modest weight loss reverses many of the damaging changes often seen in the immune cells of obese people, particularly those with Type 2 diabetes

Australian scientists have shown for the first time that even modest weight loss reverses many of the damaging changes often seen in the immune cells of obese people, particularly those with Type 2 diabetes.

The immune system is made up of many different kinds of cells that protect the body from germs, viruses and other invaders. These cells need to co-exist in a certain balance for good health to be maintained. Many factors, including diet and excess body fat, can tip this balance, creating immune cells that can attack, rather than protect, our bodies.

It has been known for some time that excess body fat, particularly abdominal fat, triggers the production of 'pro-inflammatory' immune cells, which circulate in the blood and can damage our bodies. In addition, other inflammatory immune cells, known as macrophages, are also activated within fat tissue.

The recent study looked at obese people with Type 2 diabetes or prediabetes who were limited to a diet of between 1000 and 1600 calories a day for 24 weeks. Gastric banding was performed at 12 weeks to help restrict food intake further. The study determined the effects of weight loss on immune cells

Undertaken by Dr Alex Viardot and Associate Professor Katherine Samaras from Sydney's Garvan Institute of Medical Research, the results showed an 80% reduction of pro-inflammatory T-helper cells, as well as reduced activation of other circulating immune cells (T cells, monocytes and neutrophils) and decreased activation of macrophages in fat. They are published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology Metabolism, now online.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0420101347.htm
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
How many young fit people die from COVID? Perhaps it is just the selection by the MSM for showing young people hospitalized or dying from COVID, but nearly all of them are obese, and the number/percentage of obese deaths is greater than the population at large by about 10%, 68% vs 78%. In fact until Delta, I don't remember seeing a single young healthy person who died from COVID on the news, or that I knew.
It's not enough that it would be deemed a "high risk factor for Covid" any more than it is for any other disease etc. It is riskier to be obese for sure, but the mere numbers don't really bear it out to be nearly the same as pure age is vs Covid.
[Reply]
wazu 08:48 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
After hearing so much about this guy's podcast, this is the first time I've heard any of it. Pretty boring.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 09-08-2021
The monoclonal ABs were huge for him I'd imagine.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:24 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
After hearing so much about this guy's podcast, this is the first time I've heard any of it. Pretty boring.
I think the whole key to longevity for podcasts like that is you listen for so long it becomes part of your life. Like you miss not hanging out with your buddy Joe Rogan every day.

I feel like that when PTI goes on hiatus for a few weeks. It's dumb.
[Reply]
Otter 10:54 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think the whole key to longevity for podcasts like that is you listen for so long it becomes part of your life. Like you miss not hanging out with your buddy Joe Rogan every day.

I feel like that when PTI goes on hiatus for a few weeks. It's dumb.
No what's dumb is pretending there was never any use of a drug that's been around for years, pigeon holing it as "horse dewormer" because it fit your agenda and shitting on anyone who didn't goose step to you.

You're a lying fat fuck scuzzer.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 09-08-2021
I've yet to really read anything that wasn't potentially a fraudulent study that shows much positive effect for Ivermectin. I'm not sure where this is all coming from.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:22 AM 09-08-2021
It's not enough that it would be deemed a "high risk factor for Covid" any more than it is for any other disease etc. It is riskier to be obese for sure, but the mere numbers don't really bear it out to be nearly the same as pure age is vs Covid.
Still, lost opportunity. Our nation is way too heavy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:24 AM 09-08-2021
I've yet to really read anything that wasn't potentially a fraudulent study that shows much positive effect for Ivermectin. I'm not sure where this is all coming from.
I think the mane reason is to buck the vaccination push by the CDC.
[Reply]
Page 3715 of 3903
« First < 2715321536153665370537113712371337143715 3716371737183719372537653815 > Last »
Up