« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Browns sign Kareem Hunt
wazu 12:59 PM 02-11-2019

Statement from GM John Dorsey: pic.twitter.com/TUgoBalvkg

— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
Monty 02:06 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lots of people are at fault in this deal, the Chiefs didn't do their due diligence and yes Hunt lied to them yet I find it hard to believe even people here wouldn't have handled it that way at that age.

Then the Chiefs handled it in the worst way possible.
FYP :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:06 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Hard to say it all happened at the exact wrong time with the SJW thing going on. Even the slimeballs in NE wouldn't have stood up against the wrath of pissed off women.
Disagree completely. Bill might have traded him, but the Pats don't GAF what anyone thinks about anything. They want to win and they do. Period.
[Reply]
O.city 02:06 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yes, give up that kind of asset due to a player lying. That's what winning organizations do.
It's a fucking running back. One that was suspended at the time and will now miss 10-12 games this year.

Surely they could have traded him for a first or second rounder, ami right?
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 02:06 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Monty:
Good point, but this falls on the Chiefs before it falls on Goodell, "if" you are really serious about going to and winning a SB.
I totally agree. The fact that TMZ got the tape before an NFL team is a f***ing joke, but its also a hard position for the chiefs to be in. A player that you don't know if they are lying or not, and a league you're having to ride a fine line with. In the end they were probably smart to abide by the league, rather than getting in trouble with the league over a player that did some shit like that. I think they should have just suspended him 4 games either way. Then another 4 when the video came out.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:06 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Yeah, Veach may have "found" Mahomes, but Dorsey was the one who ultimately pulled off the trade and drafted him. Being a good GM means listening to your scouts.
Wow.

They already had a really good HB. I think Chubb finished the season 2nd in the NFL in yards after contact (yes, I know he only started like 9 games.)
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:07 PM 02-11-2019
Yes, give up that kind of asset due to a player lying. That's what winning organizations do.
It's what the Patriots would have done.
[Reply]
O.city 02:07 PM 02-11-2019
Bill traded a top 3 pass rusher in the NFL because he showed up naked and high at a police station.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:07 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If he lies about it, and if they genuinely can't get their hands on the tape, what recourse do they have?

I'm sure they tried to do some due diligence on it, Hunt wasn't honest, it was he-said-she-said, and they hoped it would be buried going forward.

What do you think the Chiefs realistically could've done at that point?
Suspend him and keep his rights.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:08 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's a ****ing running back. One that was suspended at the time and will now miss 10-12 games this year.

Surely they could have traded him for a first or second rounder, ami right?
or keep him. What's the hurry?
[Reply]
Rausch 02:09 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Monty:
Lazy, lazy, lazy. The Chiefs should have resolved this internally last spring before TMZ was able to get their hands on this.

And yes, it really sucks. This is one of those Because Chiefs moments for sure.
They thought they had.

Come to find out Hunt had lied to them all.

You want to get fired? Go to the guy that owns the company and repeatedly lie to his face...
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 02:09 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It's what the Patriots would have done.
Maybe after he finished his rookie deal.
[Reply]
TEX 02:09 PM 02-11-2019
Suspend him and keep his rights.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:10 PM 02-11-2019
Disagree completely. Bill might have traded him, but the Pats don't GAF what anyone thinks about anything. They want to win and they do. Period.
Now I will agree with that the Pats could give 2 shits about PR or what anyone thinks.
[Reply]
srvy 02:10 PM 02-11-2019
So you like being lied to? Is it ok for your wife or gf to fuck around and lie till you discover the truth? What do you do then hang on to her or give the boot.
[Reply]
Monty 02:11 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If he lies about it, and if they genuinely can't get their hands on the tape, what recourse do they have?

I'm sure they tried to do some due diligence on it, Hunt wasn't honest, it was he-said-she-said, and they hoped it would be buried going forward.

What do you think the Chiefs realistically could've done at that point?
I know, I'm just so damn disappointed in this whole ordeal and the lack of effort on behalf of the Chiefs to address this issue when it mattered the most.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 51
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up