ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Skip and Shannon divorce
Hammock Parties 06:21 PM 05-31-2023
:-)

Media news: NFL Hall of Fame TE Shannon Sharpe has reached a buyout agreement with FS1 and his final appearance on 'Undisputed' is expected to be after the NBA Finals, per @sportsrapport. https://t.co/PKNXbz2uc4 pic.twitter.com/Nm8SgtBGSB

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) June 1, 2023

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:50 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Shannon needs to get syphilis and die
He’s actually become very pro-Chiefs, especially pro-Mahomes on that show.
[Reply]
wazu 09:50 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That's ok man - I've hated that organization all my life. People older than me lived through the Raiders Davidson era and can't let it go. My first memories were the broncos and ****ing barrel man. When I say hate I mean hate.

As someone here says often, F Donk forever.

And the same goes for McCaffrey's shit kid too!
Respect that. I feel the same way about that fucking traitor Neil Smith.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He reached out to Kelce early in his career and became somewhat of a mentor to him. He always defends Mahomes and the Chiefs. He's paid for his sins.

If he can let the rivalry go, so can i.

He hasn't let the rivalry go, though. He's all about the people. He cares about and reaches out to Mahomes and Kelce and genuinely believes in them as all time greats and (used to) get paid to beat that fact into Skip's tiny brain.

He still hates the Chiefs. I'm not saying he has to put on a jersey and have sex with KC Wolf or anything like that, but I definitely wouldn't say he's let go of the rivalry. I think he'd strongly prefer to see Kelce and Mahomes set all time records for their positions and do the rest of their Super Bowl winning on a different team. Probably late for Kelce to do that, but you know deep down he wants to see Mahomes out of KC and winning somewhere else when he hits his late 30s.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:21 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He reached out to Kelce early in his career and became somewhat of a mentor to him. He always defends Mahomes and the Chiefs. He's paid for his sins.

If he can let the rivalry go, so can i.

Much like ptlyon, I hate the Broncos more than anything. How many of you have actually put a Donx logo inside your toilet bowl so you could piss on it every day? I was at the game where Bronco Neil was inducted into the ring of fame, and held up sign with a Donx logo under a red circle/slash and booed the entire time. I hate hate hate hate hate them. Always and forever.

That being said, for the reasons you listed, I have softened on Sharpe, and Sharpe alone, over the years. It does kind of annoy me that I don't hate him anymore, and I blame Skip for that, which really makes me hate him that much more. But outside of Nick, Sharpe is the most die hard Mahomes supporter out there, and he really does seem to be a genuine good guy, is obviously very knowledgeable and an excellent media personality (dammit). I rarely watched the show (mainly football related YouTube clips), except after a big Chiefs win when Shannon would mercilessly terrorize Skip over it. That was always fun.

Skip is a vile, contrarian idiot, not unlike our own Skip was. Working with him every day must have been soul crushing. I really thought Shannon was going to knock the shit out of him when he dissed his accomplishments that day, and really wish he had. I'm glad he finally pulled the plug on working with that prick.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:29 AM 06-01-2023
That show is such an immense vortex of suck I'm surprised it hasn't swallowed the universe.

Sounds like if we can just make it two more weeks the threat of that happening will be over.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:34 PM 06-01-2023
:-)

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Respect that. I feel the same way about that fucking traitor Neil Smith.
Your Neil Smith is my Tony Gonzalez.

I just cannot stand that guy and will never support him again.
[Reply]
IrsaysLiver 02:42 PM 06-01-2023
Shannon's gonna start a new show with Brett Favre where they argue politics every episode until Brett shoots Sharpe dead in a fit of CTE induced rage

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 03:04 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I'll never forget his "little people" hot mic episode. Yeah, he's a dick. But so are a lot of them. I've heard a bunch of horror stories about what George Brett was like back in the day. The old saying about never meeting your heroes comes to mind.

But there is no comparison between Tony leaving and going to a team in the other conference, when we were awful and had no shot at winning anything and what Bronco Neil did. Tony's leaving didn't hurt us a bit. Smith went to our primary division rival and was a gleeful part of the cheating, cooking spray coated fucks that denied our best post-Dawson and pre-Mahomes team of a shot at the Super Bowl.

Yeah, Smith is probably a better person than Gonzalez. Don't give a fuck and never will. Bronco Neil is my personal Benedict Arnold.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:45 PM 06-01-2023
The odd thing is I've grown to like Sharpe more over the years and dislike Skip more.

73 year old man dressing like he's 12...
[Reply]
notorious 05:04 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Kelce is better anyway!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 PM 06-01-2023
GOAT doing GOAT things

‘UNDISPUTED’ revolves around Skip Bayless, per @FOS

“You can’t tweet about him, talk about him, anything or they call you into the office. Skip is not going to hire anybody who challenges him—and he’s going to make the hire.” pic.twitter.com/8ahcVL0eq9

— NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) June 2, 2023

[Reply]
Stewie 11:18 PM 06-01-2023
I can't stand Bayless. So few good commentators these days.

I do enjoy Pat McAfee, but who knows what's going to happen when he moves to ESPN. I'm sure it won't be as unfiltered as it is now.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:43 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Here's the other thing about Skip, though. He's really really really boring. Yeah, he gets clicks when he says crazy stuff, but that's literally his only trick he has in the bag.

He's not funny or witty at all. Just listen to any segment with Shannon where they're not debating. Shannon will come up with something funny to say or at least use a funny southernism that makes you smile a bit. Skip has none of that. I don't think he's told a single joke in his entire life. And when he's trying to tell a joke (usually a pun that mocks a player's name or nickname) he does it in this lip-curly old mean man way. That's okay if you're trying to play the curmudgeon character, but he constantly does and says shit that says, "Look at me! I'm cool! I'm hip!!!" and tries to distance himself from being old and curmudgeonly.

All that could be forgivable if he would just speak succinctly and make his points, but he never does that. He always resorts to telling the entire history. Far too often to explain something about a modern player, he'll go back to some stupid pointless fucking story about him as a reporter in the 80s that nobody cares about or asked for.

And just watch him on that Charles Barkley video I posted below. I guess that's his podcast? Holy shit is he terrible. He's literally a gummed up old man bitterly ranting about the world in the most slow, tired, and lifeless way. That's just how he talks? He's about the worst podcaster I think I've ever heard.

I still can't fucking believe this guy ever got on TV in the first place. He has zero good qualities for command of a camera frame or talking to an audience. The only thing he's good at it is saying crazy shit and repeating himself.

That Frank Grimes episode of the Simpsons is all too true. There are hundreds of local sports talk jockeys across this country currently hustling their asses off doing shitty local high school sports, working tirelessly to make unpopular internet content in the hopes of getting noticed, and living in closets above bowling alleys, which are below other bowling alleys. And yet stupid shitty LYING douche Skip got lucky in spite of being completely incompetent, has a great job and a career, and does everything these miserable fucks could only dream of one day reaching but never will.
What’s really weird is Skips brother is awesome. He is a chef and has a YouTube channel about cooking Mexican food. Dude is happy, humble, and a goddamn enjoyable watch (in addition to making exquisite food). Other than looking very much like him, he’s the diametric opposite of Skip.
[Reply]
srvy 12:47 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What’s really weird is Skips brother is awesome. He is a chef and has a YouTube channel about cooking Mexican food. Dude is happy, humble, and a goddamn enjoyable watch (in addition to making exquisite food). Other than looking very much like him, he’s the diametric opposite of Skip.
Well I'll be damn I have watched some of his Mexican dishes on YT and never put 2 and 2 together.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up