ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 270
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:44 AM 03-14-2023
This is another topic that is dead and not happening.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:26 AM 03-14-2023
Price keep climbing.

Was originally a 2nd.

Then it was a 2nd + 2024 comp pick.

Now its “a premium day two pick and a player.”

How premium are we talking?
[Reply]
PHOG 11:51 AM 03-14-2023
Have we signed this POS yet???
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
You're talking about the 21 and 22 seasons, right?

Because I see one "significant" injury there. The MCL tear.

His hamstring issue was coaching/trainer malpractice. He aggravated his hamstring during practice and then played on it and suffered a Grade 2 tear.

Other than those issues, Hopkins has had nagging/mentioned injury here and there throughout his career, but nothing serious that caused him to miss large chunks of the season.

Like I said, I'm not gung ho for him - cautious and potentially interested if the price isn't exortbitant - but other than being a human and age 31, there's not a glaring injury history of pattern of missing times due to injury that stands out. This isn't a huge injury risk guy.
I don't know if there's any actual hard facts about DHop's MCL injury, but he was just on McAfee's show last week, and he'd just left the gym after a workout, so the MCL issue can't be that bad. Pat even asked him about the knee, and he said it was fine.

Again, there's nothing that I know of that corroborates that, or doesn't, so it could be more serious than he said on the show. But you can't really work out with a knee injury.

Also, MCL tears are generally not that difficult to recover from. According to medical precedent, even MCL tears that require surgery generally require between 2 weeks and 2 months to recover depending on the grade. And if you go back and look at some recent MCL injuries to skill players in the NFL, nearly all of them fully recover within a couple months, it seems.
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:33 PM 03-14-2023
What would CPers give in return for Courtland Sutton? He's never played in a offense that wasn't completely dysfunctional, yet avgs 14.6 YPC, and has 1,000 yd season. What is his ceiling in a real offense? Could a pick-starved team be fleeced for a 27 yr old "under-achiever"?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:37 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
What would CPers give in return for Courtland Sutton? He's never played in a offense that wasn't completely dysfunctional, yet avgs 14.6 YPC, and has 1,000 yd season. What is his ceiling in a real offense? Could a pick-starved team be fleeced for a 27 yr old "under-achiever"?
4th rounder at most
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:45 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
No way Payton trades him to us.
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:51 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
No way Payton trades him to us.
I think this is the right answer, but how would it feel as a GM knowing you have given up your next two 1sts and a 2nd for a QB that is a Human Quick Kick? They will likely make another silly, desperate trade, but I agree, highly unlikely to KC.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:55 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Fine,

But it doesn't change the fact he would be the best pure WR in his prime Mahomes will of ever had. DO IT BURG LEACH!
Except he isn't in his prime.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:20 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Except he isn't in his prime.
Fine close to his prime.....
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:34 PM 03-14-2023
Crazy when you look at good to elite WRs performances after 30. So many of them have at least a pair of career type seasons, and many of those are back-to-back seasons. Several went on to post three 1,000+ seasons between the ages of 31 and 35.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:24 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know if there's any actual hard facts about DHop's MCL injury, but he was just on McAfee's show last week, and he'd just left the gym after a workout, so the MCL issue can't be that bad. Pat even asked him about the knee, and he said it was fine.

Again, there's nothing that I know of that corroborates that, or doesn't, so it could be more serious than he said on the show. But you can't really work out with a knee injury.

Also, MCL tears are generally not that difficult to recover from. According to medical precedent, even MCL tears that require surgery generally require between 2 weeks and 2 months to recover depending on the grade. And if you go back and look at some recent MCL injuries to skill players in the NFL, nearly all of them fully recover within a couple months, it seems.
"Well, actually, Pat, my knee looks like a fuckin' grapefruit and hurts like a motherfucker. But let's keep that between us, ok? I'm tryna get paid."

LOL
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:29 PM 03-14-2023

It is a reasonable assumption that the Giants were in on Hopkins talks, so this acquisition of Waller feels like a pivot. Still a great deal for them imo.

This does strengthen my belief of Hopkins to KC for a 4th-ish rounder tho. https://t.co/JytxVgDLJq

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) March 14, 2023

[Reply]
penguinz 02:33 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If it isn't anything higher than a 4th I am all in.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:42 PM 03-14-2023
A 4th would be fine if we think he's healthy but I still want to bring back JuJu in that situation.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 270
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up