ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>The Lion King ( 2019)
007 01:19 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're fucking crazy.

Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan, Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch all came out after Lion King.
Your point?
[Reply]
sully1983 06:43 PM 04-10-2019
Meh. Sure the cgi looks breathtaking but this looks LITERALLY like a shot for shot remake (similar to the very dull and uninspiring Beauty and the Beast live action remake) .

But don't mind me, this shit is gonna be HUGE at the box office. And it certainly looks better than the Aladdin live action remake lol.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:57 PM 04-10-2019
Don't care as long as they do the songs justice. Lion King is the best Disney movie when it comes to the music for me.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:03 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't care as long as they do the songs justice. Lion King is the best Disney movie when it comes to the music for me.
I grew up watching Lion King and Aladdin as a kid, still remember seeing both in the theatre with my parents and my best friend.

Can't wait to see them both...although I wish someone hotter was playing Jasmine. The actress who is playing her seems a little too plain Jane for me.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:16 PM 04-10-2019
I wish they would have changed the plot a little bit, give us something a little different. But the CGI looks insane.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 PM 04-10-2019
They’d better not screw this up. The original is about as close to today’s generation as a revered movie like Casablanca etc were to the boomers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 AM 04-11-2019
The chicken in Moana was legit hilarious.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The chicken in Moana was legit hilarious.
My daughter watched Moana without me; I saw like the last 20 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Yeah...I watched it by myself later...what of it?

That movie's pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 04-11-2019
The girl had one hell of a singing voice.

Also, The Rock unironically flexing his massive ego while singing will never not be awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:24 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My daughter watched Moana without me; I saw like the last 20 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Yeah...I watched it by myself later...what of it?

That movie's pretty damn good.
Yeah. I was down. Unfortunately my daughter lost interest in it in favor far more retarded programming.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:55 AM 04-11-2019
I still think the trailer for the original was the high point of trailer history.
I'm sure it was the only time I've experienced a round of applause for a trailer.

The one where they just played the opening song/scene.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:07 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Your point?
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I still think the trailer for the original was the high point of trailer history.
I'm sure it was the only time I've experienced a round of applause for a trailer.

The one where they just played the opening song/scene.
I suspect this is the one you're talking about?

[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:11 AM 04-11-2019
The Lion King is hands down the best Disney movie of all time.

Nothing else can compare....not even Shrek or Toy Story.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:44 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
The Lion King is hands down the best Disney movie of all time.

Nothing else can compare....not even Shrek or Toy Story.
my point earlier was it was more than a movie, that people have an emotional reverence for the original. It touched them, in the good way. Was more than just a few hours of entertainment in the 90’s.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up