ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Scheduled Games/Teams for 2024
GabyKeepsMeWarm 06:47 PM 05-09-2024
Forgive me if I'm already posting known info, but while the actual schedule doesn't get released until next Thursday, I did see a release today regarding who we'll be playing.

Home Games

Denver Broncos
LA Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away Games

Denver Broncos
LA Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:29 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Until the Refs are announced, it's all peacock at full tail spread
So we play on NBC?
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:52 PM 05-09-2024
I hope this schedule doesn’t t break apart in mid air.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 02:02 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The bulk of the schedule was known to people here multiple years ago.

A small fraction was only figured out late in the season.

That's how the process works every year. There is no subjectivity to NFL scheduling contrary to whining of moronic fans everywhere who bemoan, "Why are we playing an away game there once again!? The NFL is rigged!"
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The teams we play home and away are not subjective. It’s math.

If you’re desperate to pretend that the NFL otherwise schedules the Chiefs in such a way, enjoy that fantasy. Some teams win in some years and lose in others based on rest. I’m sure Chiefs fans only acknowledge it when that disadvantages them.

The rest factor is far more likely a function of the fact that we play an insane amount of prime time games, and that’s a function of the team’s success.
☝🏻

FBschedules.com

You play the rest of the teams in your division, once at home and once on the road. [6 games]
You play an in-conference division’s slate of teams (on a rotating basis annually). [3 games, because team #4 is covered directly below]
You play your in-conference counterparts that finished with the same divisional standing as your own. [3 games]
You play an out-of-conference division’s slate of teams (on a rotating basis annually). [4 games]
You play one discretionary game at the whim of the powers that be (league and networks), thanks to the season expanding to an 18-week/17-game format. [1 game]

You have 8 home games one season, 9 home games the next, also thanks to the advent of the 17-game format.
You’ll encounter “lopsided” stretches at home or on the road against a non-divisional opponent because after all, each season the overall home/road splits have to be balanced across the league (e.g. division winners Chiefs seemingly on the road year after year to face division winners Patriots with Tom Brady).
International games are discretionary, but now thanks to the 17-game format are assigned as a “home” game only to participating teams with 9 home contests that season.

There’s the science.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 02:37 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Honestly, probably the best schedule we've had in years.
According to NFL.com the Chiefs strength of schedule is tied for 16th this season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/strength-of...orth-nfc-south
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 05:48 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Forgive me if I'm already posting known info, but while the actual schedule doesn't get released until next Thursday, I did see a release today regarding who we'll be playing.

Home Games

Denver Broncos
LA Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away Games

Denver Broncos
LA Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
You might want to improve your reading comprehension too since the scheldule gets released next Wednesday, not Thursday! Just saying. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:07 AM 05-10-2024
We play the Bills, Ravens and 49ers.

Playoffs during the regular season.

Cool
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:43 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Coach:
One thing is that I do believe the Chiefs will be the season opener on Thursday. Only a matter of who's the opponent will be.
Still say it’s Houston
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:54 PM 05-10-2024
was that true that we have a middle of the road strength of schedule this coming season?
[Reply]
Birthdayboy 02:21 PM 05-12-2024
KC plays at Dallas in 2025… I think it’d be cool if it were a Thanksgiving day game.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up