ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 286
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Pablo 01:23 AM 01-12-2014
I just watched 'Butter' on Netflix.

Jennifer Gardner and Ty Burell (Phil from Modern Family) as the main leads. Quirky, fun little comedy centered about butter sculpting. I'd say it's worth your 90 minutes if you like a mildly engaging story with plenty of good laughs. The wife and I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:10 AM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I just watched 'Butter' on Netflix.

Jennifer Gardner and Ty Burell (Phil from Modern Family) as the main leads. Quirky, fun little comedy centered about butter sculpting. I'd say it's worth your 90 minutes if you like a mildly engaging story with plenty of good laughs. The wife and I enjoyed it.
Watched it months ago, but I agree, I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:27 AM 01-12-2014
We watched We're The Millers this weekend,personally I loved it,laughed my ass off.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:00 PM 01-12-2014
Watched In a World... last night and loved it.

It's written and directed by Lake Bell- if you were a Boston Legal fan, you'll remember her as Sally Heap.

Bunch of known actors make small appearances, and the other lead is Ken Marino. (The State, also in the last season of Eastbound and Down)

Most of the Cast:
Lake Bell
Fred Melamed
Demetri Martin
Michaela Watkins
Ken Marino
Rob Corddry
Nick Offerman
Tig Notaro
Eva Longoria
Jeff Garlin
Cameron Diaz
Geena Davis
Luke Wilson

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:45 PM 01-12-2014
Watch Europa Report this morning. It was enjoyable. Not what I was expecting - was expecting more of an Alien vibe - but good.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:10 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:

It's written and directed by Lake Bell- if you were a Boston Legal fan, you'll remember her as Sally Heap.
No, but was a fan of a Surface on NBC

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452718/...nm_flmg_act_29
[Reply]
Dayze 09:00 PM 01-12-2014
watched Red Tails today.

steaming turd.

watched Identity Thief also and laughed quite a bit.
[Reply]
nstygma 11:56 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Watch Europa Report this morning. It was enjoyable. Not what I was expecting - was expecting more of an Alien vibe - but good.
I liked it until the ending. Who thought that would be a good idea?
[Reply]
Bump 12:00 AM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by nstygma:
I liked it until the ending. Who thought that would be a good idea?
ya the ending was a bit retarded, but I enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't care for the marine biologist lady not getting back inside and the guy drifting into space was super cheesy.
[Reply]
Fish 10:05 AM 01-13-2014
Watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I was actually really impressed. It totally exceeded my expectations in a good way. Touching movie that makes you want to get off your ass and do something with your pathetic life...
[Reply]
NewChief 10:19 AM 01-13-2014
Watched WWZ last night.

It was as I figured: I liked the movie, but I wish they wouldn't have named it after the book. The expectations built by saying it was based on the book were unfair to the movie.

Knowing that there would no similarity, I let myself enjoy the movie for its own sake. Still pisses me off that it's supposedly based on the excellent book, though.
[Reply]
In58men 10:30 AM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I assume you've already watched this one, but How to Train Your Dragon was outstanding.
They're making a part 2
[Reply]
DMAC 10:31 AM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Okay:

I need suggestions for family friendly movies that aren't the typical animated Pixar stuff because my kids have seen all of those. Things along the lines of Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Willow, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc...

I'd prefer movies with enough complexity to keep adults entertained, but they've got to be off the beaten path a bit. Classics with some artistic merit are preferred. We're talking a mature (too mature) 6 year old and a 9 year old here. The Hobbit is about as far as I'll go with the six year old as far as adult themes, and I caved on that one in a moment of weakness (I wanted to see the damned thing too, and I figured letting him see it was my best bet).

Some others they've enjoyed lately:
Escape to Witch Mountain
The Last Mimzy
Air Bud and all the "buddy" movies (groan, I can't stand watching these).

I'm thinking I may hit up all the Miyazaki movies soon. They saw Ponyo when they were younger, but I think they'd like all of them. My older child is obsessed with movies (like on the verge of Asperger's obsessed), so I'd like for him to at least watch stuff that isn't total shit, as he'll sit there and watch Super Buddies, Air Bud, Santa Buddies, and that dreck over and over if I let him, which causes no end of fights about what we're going to watch on family movie nights.
Flight of the Navigator
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:23 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I was actually really impressed. It totally exceeded my expectations in a good way. Touching movie that makes you want to get off your ass and do something with your pathetic life...
Yep. I really liked it as well. Lots of funny moments as well. But something doesn't make sense...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:02 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yep. I really liked it as well. Lots of funny moments as well. But something doesn't make sense...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 8 of 286
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up