ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Team free agents 2023: pay or draft to replace?
RunKC 04:09 PM 09-16-2022
Orlando Brown Jr. T KC UFA Market Value
JuJu Smith-Schuster WR KC UFA -
Carlos Dunlap DE KC UFA -
Derrick Nnadi DT KC UFA -
Andrew Wylie T KC UFA -
Chad Henne QB KC UFA -
Ronald Jones II RB KC UFA -
Michael Burton FB KC UFA -
Blake Bell TE KC UFA -
Jerick McKinnon RB KC UFA -
Mecole Hardman WR KC UFA Market Value
Geron Christian T KC UFA -
Deon Bush S KC UFA -
Juan Thornhill S KC UFA -
Elijah Lee OLB KC UFA -
Justin Watson WR KC UFA -
Khalen Saunders DT KC UFA -
Chris Lammons CB KC RFA -
Tommy Townsend P KC RFA -
Tershawn Wharton DE KC RFA -
Jack Cochrane LB KC ERFA -
Rashad Fenton CB KC UFA -
Joe Fortson TE KC ERFA -
Shane Buechele QB KC ERFA -
Prince Tega Wanogho T KC ERFA -
Nick Allegretti G KC UFA
[Reply]
kccrow 05:21 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Not disagreeing but can we think of a team outside of the Brady Patriots that won with that setup? He also had a defence that kept handing him back the ball.

I think a room full of WR2s with Kelce can work. But the trend has been an absolute arms race at WR. I'm struggling to think of the last SB team that didn't have a true WR1. Pretty certain with Pat and Kelce we make a room of WR2s work. But IF the choice is MVS and Juju or a true WR1, what do you go for?
Sure

2017 Eagles had Jeffrey and Agholor as primary targets, neither of which are anything near elite.

2011 Giants had Hakeem Nicks and Marion Manningham. Nicks had a big year but never really was an elite player.

You have to remember, the Pats, like the Chiefs... their elite target was at TE. That takes alot of pressure off of needing an elite #1. The Bengals and Bills are pretty average at TE and that's who you're trying to model.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:21 PM 09-24-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Teams are playing man and blitzing the chiefs

That’s tells you what they think of the wrs
And Pat murders the blitz, so let them.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:38 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Teams are playing man and blitzing the chiefs

That’s tells you what they think of the wrs
And they're 0-2
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:38 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sure

2017 Eagles had Jeffrey and Agholor as primary targets, neither of which are anything near elite.

2011 Giants had Hakeem Nicks and Marion Manningham. Nicks had a big year but never really was an elite player.

You have to remember, the Pats, like the Chiefs... their elite target was at TE. That takes alot of pressure off of needing an elite #1. The Bengals and Bills are pretty average at TE and that's who you're trying to model.
That elite target at TE turns 33 in 10 days. I have no clue when he'll finally start to regress, but I reckon it's sooner than later. Pretty sure that changes the calculus of not needing an elite #1 when you also don't have an elite TE, whenever that is.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:50 AM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That elite target at TE turns 33 in 10 days. I have no clue when he'll finally start to regress, but I reckon it's sooner than later. Pretty sure that changes the calculus of not needing an elite #1 when you also don't have an elite TE, whenever that is.
When the time comes, yeah it probably does. I'd argue for trying to find that next elite TE though.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:50 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Sure

I'll give you the Eagles, that was an odd year and a team that got hot. The 2011 Giants scored what 21 points? They had a good defence. The Pats also had an elite defence and at least had someone reliable like Edelman knocking about. Our defence isn't holding an SB team to 3 points, as improved as it may be.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:24 PM 09-25-2022
My concern for the receivers goes beyond this year. Moore needs to be prepared to take a larger role in the offense beyond this season because he and MVS are all we have beyond 2022. I’m not counting on Ross but I hope I’m wrong. Sure KC will draft someone next year but we know that player will probably not play for the first half of the season and we’re also assuming Veach will finally pick the right guy. Plus, WR might have to wait until round 2 or 3 because OBJ is yet another failed trade we have to make up for in rd 1.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:43 AM 09-26-2022
When you look at the roster the plus side to so many people likely leaving is that a fair few don't seem up to scratch. The frustrating thing is I started this season thinking we were fairly well set aside from the DL and needing a little more at WR. Now I honestly think we need to blow up the OTs and the WR room.

If we prioritise OT and WR early and often and only ended up swinging for DE and DT projects later on I really wouldn't hate that.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:43 AM 09-26-2022
When you look at the roster the plus side to so many people likely leaving is that a fair few don't seem up to scratch. The frustrating thing is I started this season thinking we were fairly well set aside from the DL and needing a little more at WR. Now I honestly think we need to blow up the OTs and the WR room.

If we prioritise OT and WR early and often and only ended up swinging for DE and DT projects later on I really wouldn't hate that.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:44 AM 09-26-2022

[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up