ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 172
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 04-25-2017
Wife DVR'd Conviction on a whim (She knows I'm a Haley Atwell fan.

It's worth a watch. Atwell definitely carries it. She acts her face right off.

Unfortunately the rest of it is kinda meh. the 12 year old from Walking Dead is in it. She's pretty meh. The black woman is downright bad. The guy is meh, the love interest/boss is meh to bad. The ex/con guy from Graceland is pretty good. Her brother is outstanding. The mom angle is really bad. And Atwell crushes it.

The setup is dumb. They're supposed to review these cold cases in 5 days for no apparent reason other than to add drama because there is only 5 days.

The drama from the cases is actually pretty good and well written. If you're a law or a forensics junkie, it's not for you, but the casework is actually pretty good.

Atwell has caught some bad luck with Agent Carter. Hopefully this gets a second season. I might love her :-)
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 11:00 PM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
In almost all cases I'd agree with that. With Shameless the impossibly thick accents of many of the characters combined with the amazing performances of Macy make the US version much better.

I've read comix for 30 years and been a horror film fan for just as long but Frank might be the most immoral character I've ever seen...
it's a comic, I like to read better than watch
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:38 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Unfortunately the rest of it is kinda meh. the 12 year old from Walking Dead is in it. She's pretty meh. The black woman is downright bad. The guy is meh, the love interest/boss is meh to bad. The ex/con guy from Graceland is pretty good. Her brother is outstanding. The mom angle is really bad. And Atwell crushes it.

The setup is dumb. They're supposed to review these cold cases in 5 days for no apparent reason other than to add drama because there is only 5 days.

The drama from the cases is actually pretty good and well written. If you're a law or a forensics junkie, it's not for you, but the casework is actually pretty good.

Atwell has caught some bad luck with Agent Carter. Hopefully this gets a second season. I might love her :-)
First thought that came to mind was "Does she show her cans?".

Then I realized this was an ABC show.

:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:48 PM 04-26-2017
Finished season 3 of Bosch yesterday. It continues the upward trend from season 2. Good show.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:52 PM 04-26-2017

I tried to watch this shit show, but had to give up. It's bad. She's hot, but this show sucks. Agent Carter was good. It deserved another season. This shit deserves the finger.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:08 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I tried to watch this shit show, but had to give up. It's bad. She's hot, but this show sucks. Agent Carter was good. It deserved another season. This shit deserves the finger.
It got better. Not ever good, but better.

The episode where

Spoiler!

She acted her ass off. She did an outstanding job. Then they had to hambone it up at the end of the episode, who knows why.

It is however, REALLY fucking retarded that

Spoiler!

Give me a fucking break.

Anyway, it's worth sticking with IMO.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:27 PM 04-26-2017
It got better. Not ever good, but better.

The episode where

Spoiler!

She acted her ass off. She did an outstanding job. Then they had to hambone it up at the end of the episode, who knows why.

It is however, REALLY fucking retarded that

Spoiler!

Give me a fucking break.

Anyway, it's worth sticking with IMO.
Funny you mention that episode. It was the last one I watched. I was sticking it out (barely) until that retarded shit. It was literally the plot of the movie they pitched in the movie "The Player." Only done badly, with more social justice tears.

Your second spoiler point is just one more reason it was stupid.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:35 AM 05-08-2017
[paraphrasing] last night's Veep

Pundit on TV - It's not unfeasible that Selena Meyers would be a far left-field candidate.

Selena - Far left field?

Gary - That was my little league position

Richard - I played pitcher's helper.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:33 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Finished season 3 of Bosch yesterday. It continues the upward trend from season 2. Good show.
Agreed. Just finished S3 two days ago, and we thought it was an excellent series throughout. Very eager for the 4.. no idea when it will be out though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:26 AM 05-10-2017
Don't ask any questions. Just watch

[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:21 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I'll give you Macy as Frank is excellent, even though I liked Threlfall's performance better. is drunk portrayal is hands down the better performance. Unfortunately I can't stand the actors playing Fiona or Ian. Absolutely hate Fiona in the US version.

The fact that I was watching the British version before the US version came out kind of set the characters for me.
The show certainly tries too hard. I put that on the script & the showrunner. (I enjoy a lot of Wells' other work.) Emmy Rossum is delicious.

[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:53 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by :
The show certainly tries too hard. Emmy Rossum is delicious.
Good show, but true, and more true.

Have googled her name + nude, and fapped to some nice pics. Feels like I should be embarrassed by this, but meh.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:03 PM 05-20-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nah, I think if anything the internet pay channel original programming had a leg up on major networks in terms of being hunger to build an audience and having less creative interference/censorship.

Certainly stuff on Amazon and Hulu is better than NBC/ABC. Basic cable only has FX and AMC outperforming them, and sure HBO and Showtime are still generally cream of the crop. But there's plenty of stuff on the streaming services that's among the best stuff out there.

Fargo, OITNB, BoJack Horseman, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, etc.
Kimmy Schmidt is back, and dear Lord, one episode in, and fixing/eating/cleaning/washing up after dinner before the second, . . . and I'm still laughing at some of the lines they gave Jon Hamm's character.

Such a sharply written show.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:30 AM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Kimmy Schmidt is back, and dear Lord, one episode in, and fixing/eating/cleaning/washing up after dinner before the second, . . . and I'm still laughing at some of the lines they gave Jon Hamm's character.

Such a sharply written show.
not to say the show isn't funny but i CANNOT stand the actress that plays kimmy.

even her days on the office. it's like the reverse of the actor/actress's that whisper when they speak. :-)
[Reply]
unlurking 07:09 AM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
not to say the show isn't funny but i CANNOT stand the actress that plays kimmy.

even her days on the office. it's like the reverse of the actor/actress's that whisper when they speak. :-)
I have a serious weakness for redheads, so may be biased, but I love her.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 172
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up