Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:43 AM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
JFC dude! You didn't see that chick.....with a sword, fighting orcs? Or those black guys? One of them was an elf....a fucking elf. A BLACK guy as a fucking ELF. Fuck that woke bullshit.
Stumpy,

Please understand... When people see woke bullshit the chances of the story being shit increase. Do you not agree?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:23 AM 09-08-2022
So far it's better than i thought it'd be.

They nailed the CGI. Their world creation is outstanding. I like what they did with the Orc on the last episode.

The Orc was monstrous, strong and somewhat "scary". Which is a nice change of pace from the bumbling brain dead Orcs from the movie franchise.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:40 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
bumbling brain dead Orcs from the movie franchise.
Yeah...it's one of the reasons I never really liked the movies...they just plowed through them like they were just in the way.

I haven't watched but 20 minutes of the series...but making the Orcs actually dangerous would be a smart play.

Never understood why Jackson made them so inconsequential...spent a lot effort on making them look terrifying then kind of a non-factor threat.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:08 PM 09-10-2022
Show is fucking amazing. One of the most beautiful fucking things I've ever seen.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:29 PM 09-10-2022
:-)

Now you see why we call you guys crybabies.

All that whining for nothing. The black dude is the best character in the show so far.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 09-10-2022
you can't blame me after Picard S2
[Reply]
Bump 06:19 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Now you see why we call you guys crybabies.

All that whining for nothing. The black dude is the best character in the show so far.

the woke hate it when we notice things that are added just to be woke...

it's just been added into everything lately and ya some people are going to criticize it and be concerned, because it's not amazon's original work. It's Tolkien, one of the most beloved writers.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 04:11 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Show is ****ing amazing. One of the most beautiful ****ing things I've ever seen.

Uhhhh...Clayton, did you read the books? If you did, you'd know that they really screwed up the Galadriel character as well as messing with the lore big time.

For example, if meteor man is Gandalf, which he pretty much has to be, then they're about 1,500 years too early for his appearance.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 04:32 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s okay so far. I’m guessing maybe it’s more interesting or perhaps more tendency to dislike it for those who know the source material. We are still trying to figure out who is who for the most part. The wife did say that she thinks the Galadria (sp?) isn’t believable and the actress tries too hard to be tough.

Something else really annoying about her character, but maybe I’m missing something. She’s been going to the ends of the earth looking for orcs with no success right? But apparently she really sucks at it because they are basically in broad daylight attacking or preparing to attack well known human settlements. Sort of undermines her as some expert smart leader though that doesn’t seem to be on purpose.
Well, first of all, Galadriel is kinda stupid. She's been rescued from what she admits is "certain death" from the middle of the sea and isn't the least bit grateful, but is instead pissed off that the Numenorians won't give them a few planks and a sail to get back to middle-earth.

Second, Galadriel is, at this point, thousands of years old, but is less diplomatic than a human with the Numernorian Queen.

Oh, and Galadriel, who is supposedly known for her wisdom, decides to jump into "certain death" from the ship to Valinor because she saw a meteor fly overhead.

What, exactly, was her plan? Did she expect to encounter a random raft in the middle of the Sundering Sea and then get picked up by a Numenorian ship?

Yeah, real bright.

And what about the Hobbits? Oh, we're so lovable and loyal that we leave you behind if you can't keep up when we've got tons of carts and lots of extra people walking unencumbered who could help push?

Aren't the hobbits great?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Uhhhh...Clayton, did you read the books? If you did, you'd know that they really screwed up the Galadriel character as well as messing with the lore big time.

For example, if meteor man is Gandalf, which he pretty much has to be, then they're about 1,500 years too early for his appearance.
yeah i don't care

the show fucks

it's a gorgeous middle earth wankfest

you're talking to someone who LOVED the hobbit movies despite their absurdities

this is even BETTER
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:37 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this is even BETTER

[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:38 PM 09-11-2022
LOTR: Discovery.

Amazon didn't just screw the pooch with this absolute nonsense, but they taped it to the floor, reamed it with a pineapple, filmed it, and dared you to dislike it. If you did/do, they instantly labeled you a nazi rayciss.

WE WUZ RANGS, YA'LL!

Might as well have had the CW vomit out this tripe.
If you enjoy it, cool, I guess. Just don't try telling Tolkien fans they have to like it. If you do, expect to be told in 50 different ways how you are a complete fucking retard with zero taste.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:19 AM 09-12-2022
E3 was a significant improvement. Enjoyed the Numenor scenes a lot and some good action sequences and visuals as well. Let's see where it goes from here.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:58 AM 09-12-2022
Wait meteor man is gandalf?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:38 AM 09-12-2022
Better than the movie franchise so far.

Much like Star Wars, i'm not a huge fan boi of the LOTR franchise though ive seen all the movies multiple times.

But i am a fan boi of CGI/Fantasy/Sci-Fi etc.

And as such, im enjoying this series.

Matter of fact my wife caught some glimpses of it and i think their world creation has caught her interest. And she fucking HATES LOTR movies. (why i have no idea. She loves high-fantasy. It's those fucking hobbits i tell ya)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up