Page 616 of 934
« First < 116516566606612613614615616 617618619620626666716 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:49 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not sure if this goes here or the drinking thread? Love Saturday afternoons.
What program is that? Almost looks like a damn Bloomberg terminal.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:52 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
TC2000
[Reply]
eDave 02:54 PM 04-24-2021
Looks like https://bitcointicker.co/
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:55 PM 04-24-2021
This thread is a living advertisement for ETFs
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:03 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This thread is a living advertisement for ETFs
The amount of money I've made investing in Reddit stocks in the last 6 months would have taken years to make had I put it into ETF's. Bash it all you want, but when a shit-ton of retail investors collectively pump a stock there are massive gains to be made. The trick is being disciplined enough to take profits before they dump.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:08 PM 04-24-2021
Yes, you scream disciplined
[Reply]
lewdog 03:10 PM 04-24-2021
Alright, so I've screened some stocks and had some beers. I feel like this is wasted effort since no one here gives a fuck about technical trading because you're all making money on douchecoin and meme stocks!!!

But I look for and trade reversals and breakout positions. This has me enter stocks at determined prices, knowing my exact stop loss if shares are purchased and thus I can calculate my risk percentage before anything goes down. Risk percentage is purchase price, minus stop loss, divided by purchase price. This is percentage I'd lose on trade if stop is triggered.

If I am being successful in trades, I let my risk percentage climb. I've if had recent bad success I only take trades with low risk percentage and progressively expose my total positions until I demonstrate good success in the current market.

Here's how the screening went down today.

WIRE breakout purchase 72.21, stop loss 68.88, risk percentage 4.6%

TPX breakout purchase 40.19, stop loss 38.40. risk percentage 4.4%

PRTA not at breakout but at current 23.80, stop loss 22, risk percentage 7.5% (if I decide to enter this high risk trade, I would then take a very low risk trade if I enter another on the same day)

CROX breakout purchase 84.26, stop loss 79, risk percentage 6.2%

After screening I look for earning date reporting, which I usually try to avoid but will sometimes make a play if rumor is good. WIRE has earnings on April 26 and TRX to report between April 28-May 3rd. WIRE report doesn't bother me but I think I'd rather avoid earnings report on TPX. I will not purchase this stock until after earnings but will add to my watchlist and continue to watch it's movement.

Cheers you filthy bastards!
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:12 PM 04-24-2021
Preach, Coach
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:24 PM 04-24-2021
Yes, you scream disciplined
I'm getting better. $12k made on GME (could have been almost $20k but whatever), $6500 made on MVIS and another $3k on FUBO just in the last two months. All from Reddit. Up over $28k since 1/01 even after that shitty March. Once UWMC gets over the short manipulation it'll be a lot more. I wouldn't have made even half of that on ETF's or boomer stocks.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:26 PM 04-24-2021
Preach, Coach
Honestly I just hope this helps someone. People will get burned by just guessing. A stock looks like a good purchase, until it's not. A stock will "rebound," until it doesn't. These are things people do to convince themselves they are right after purchasing stocks. You really have to avoid all of that for trading and buying individual stocks.

I hope you read that book. It's definitely a great read and I base most of my trading around those techniques. It's nice to know your capital/account value won't take a beating in a down turn, because you play with rules and have a set plan.

I also just rebalanced my 401k and ROTH IRA which are in straight mutual funds and index funds. There's no reason to try and manage your entire investment portfolio either. Please don't confuse what I post here about trading, while ignoring the benefits of passive investing over decades. Wealth is built in the compounding interest of passive investing too.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:30 PM 04-24-2021
I'm getting better. $12k made on GME (could have been almost $20k but whatever), $6500 made on MVIS and another $3k on FUBO just in the last two months. All from Reddit. Up over $28k since 1/01 even after that shitty March. Once UWMC gets over the short manipulation it'll be a lot more.
The only thing I'll say about you is you have no problem selling for profit, which is great. You don't have some dumb price target in your head, holding until it gets there. A nice profit and sell, even if the stock goes higher after you sell you can't look back. There's always more fish in the sea to make gains and no one ever went broke selling for profit!

But do not confuse holding something because you "know if will turn around" as a sound strategy. Know when to cut losses and move on.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:33 PM 04-24-2021
I'm getting better. $12k made on GME (could have been almost $20k but whatever), $6500 made on MVIS and another $3k on FUBO just in the last two months. All from Reddit. Up over $28k since 1/01 even after that shitty March. Once UWMC gets over the short manipulation it'll be a lot more. I wouldn't have made even half of that on ETF's or boomer stocks.
I get it man, but you’re trying super hard in this thread for someone making money.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:42 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The only thing I'll say about you is you have no problem selling for profit, which is great. You don't have some dumb price target in your head, holding until it gets there. A nice profit and sell, even if the stock goes higher after you sell you can't look back. There's always more fish in the sea to make gains and no one ever went broke selling for profit!

But do not confuse holding something because you "know if will turn around" as a sound strategy. Know when to cut losses and move on.
I had a problem with AMC. I could have made so much when it was in the 12-13 range, but got greedy and held it all the way back to the 9's and panic-sold for a measly $75 profit right before it hit my average. $75 could have been $10k.

I admit I do have a problem with selling at a loss, no denying that. My stubborn-ass would rather hold a stock until a company goes bankrupt than sell for a loss. I'm still down about 15% in one portfolio, but I really believe everything in it with the exception of maybe APHA will rebound and end up turning a nice profit.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:45 PM 04-24-2021
I get it man, but you’re trying super hard in this thread for someone making money.
I'm just trying to help others make money too...when I see something that I feel is a sure thing I want to share the wealth. People (including myself) could have made a ton of money when I first brought up AMC. FUBO too. The only other stock I've really pumped here is UWMC, and while it's currently lower than when I mentioned it actually has great fundamentals and wont stay down for long. Its already on its way back up.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:04 PM 04-24-2021
MGM - sports betting catalyst plus re-open plus company has gotten its labor pool tightened up and cut a lot of overhead by getting out of hiring contracts when business was interrupted. Going to 50+ ... higher longer.
[Reply]
Page 616 of 934
« First < 116516566606612613614615616 617618619620626666716 > Last »
Up