ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 110 of 110
« First < 1060100106107108109110
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:15 PM Today
God no to a lifeless dome
[Reply]
DaFace 04:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If Jackson County leaders put both of those options on the ballot, I would guess the voters will go for the cheaper option and vote against the more expensive option. That probably would not sound great to Clark Hunt when he potentially has a very lucrative offer from the State of Kansas in the coming weeks/months.
I'm a little puzzled by the 3/8ths option. I'm sure there's more to it than that little blurb conveys, but it sounds like they'd be going back to the voters with, "Hey! We know you didn't want to spend 3/8ths on two teams, but how about you pay the same amount but only keep one team instead. Deal?"
[Reply]
DRM08 04:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
I'm all in favor of something that could extend Mahomes' ability to win Super Bowls. It's hard to play in freezing conditions as an older player. He will be 35 when the Arrowhead lease expires. And he wants to play to age 45, preferably at a very high level of performance. An indoor stadium would help a lot in his late 30's and 40's.
[Reply]
vonBobo 04:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm all in favor of something that could extend Mahomes' ability to win Super Bowls. It's hard to play in freezing conditions as an older player. He will be 35 when the Arrowhead lease expires. And he wants to play to age 45, preferably at a very high level of performance. An indoor stadium would help a lot in his late 30's and 40's.
Have you ever seen pro football in a dome?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:26 PM Today
GEHA Field at Free State Stadium
[Reply]
vonBobo 04:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Gov. Parsons said yesterday the economic impact of the Chiefs and Royals is huge.
The 1%ers all say this but it's nearly impossible to find a source to back it up.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm a little puzzled by the 3/8ths option. I'm sure there's more to it than that little blurb conveys, but it sounds like they'd be going back to the voters with, "Hey! We know you didn't want to spend 3/8ths on two teams, but how about you pay the same amount but only keep one team instead. Deal?"
I guess the idea is that a lot of voters really hated the Royals plan/location. Very possible this Chiefs-only proposal would get voted down as well. Hard to blame taxpayers for voting against handing taxpayer money to a sports team when the county has bigger problems to worry about.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Have said this before on here, but my brother in law is a lead architect at Populous. He’s worked on numerous stadiums. One of the key issues with both the K and Arrowhead, as much as we like to poke fun at it as an excuse, is the concrete construction.

Stadiums like Wrigley, Fenway, Lambeau, etc, were constructed largely using steel frame. It’s much easier to replace or mend steel I-beam construction than concrete, which naturally degrades over time.

He said rough estimates to truly keep Arrowhead viable for 25-40 more years would rival the cost to build a brand new stadium, and would likely make the stadium not usable for a full season of football.
Why in the hell have Kansas City or that matter any freaking city anywhere not start replacing concrete high rise, skyscrappers or other tall buildings that have been made from steel and concrete ?

Just think about that one?

KC hasn't had any earthquakes, ground shifting events for many years!
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
So make it life....full. Just because there's a retractable roof doesn't make it generic.

Or does it only have character if fans LOSE DIGITS TO FROSTBITE
[Reply]
Pablo 04:44 PM Today
I feel like they could incorporate a little more red in the exterior of the stadium. Maybe throw some blue in there as a nod to the good guys out West.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Why in the hell have Kansas City or that matter any freaking city anywhere not start replacing concrete high rise, skyscrappers or other tall buildings that have been made from steel and concrete ?

Just think about that one?

KC hasn't had any earthquakes, ground shifting events for many years!
I take it you're a structural engineer then?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:51 PM Today
I did my own engineering research
[Reply]
Page 110 of 110
« First < 1060100106107108109110
Up