ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1084 of 2694
« First < 845849841034107410801081108210831084 108510861087108810941134118415842084 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:38 AM 09-26-2018
Patrick Mahomes Turning Down Big Endorsement Deals ... Says Agent

The NFL's MVP through the first 3 weeks ain't cashing in on his early season success ... 'cause Patrick Mahomes' agent tells TMZ Sports -- NO BIG DEALS UNTIL THE OFFSEASON!!

Leigh Steinberg -- the super agent who represents the Chiefs' QB -- says it's all part of a plan to make sure Patrick keeps a level head throughout his first year as a starter.

"We're being very, very careful to allow this season to proceed without his face on every billboard," Leigh tells us.

"Without it creating a situation where he throws the first interception and people are saying, 'Well, why's he on every billboard??'"

Don't get it twisted ... Mahomes -- who's tossed 13 TDs with no picks in K.C.'s 3-0 start -- has done SOME deals ... BUT, the big fish are currently on ice.

"We're keeping it low key," Leigh says. "And, once the season is successfully over, then we'll go into marketing in a lot of different brand categories."

BTW ... if you were wondering what Patrick's eyeing for his first big endorsement -- Steinberg tells us Mahomes' mug could be on a cereal box near you this winter.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:49 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Rover Sports guy on Mahomes:
https://youtu.be/_ZvxCHtNoP4
Yep, this guy has great tape breakdowns.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:07 AM 09-26-2018
https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/...457650176?s=21
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:12 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Yep, this guy has great tape breakdowns.

The guy is borderline special needs, but I do enjoy the way he says Jimmy Garoppalo. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 AM 09-26-2018
Conley drawing that PI is an underrated play.

Essentially, him being smart put 14 points on the board.

He could be a real nice glue guy for the offense going forward. Kind of like Albert Wilson was, but without alligator arms.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:19 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Conley drawing that PI is an underrated play.

Essentially, him being smart put 14 points on the board.

He could be a real nice glue guy for the offense going forward. Kind of like Albert Wilson was, but without alligator arms.
It's sad how this plays out. Once people peg you, you can't do anything to change it.

Wilson's alligator arms early in his career causes everyone to overlook how many times he made tough catches on the boundary and absorbed a big hit over the past 2 seasons.

Wilson got over the alligator arms man. I know he'll carry it around with him like the kid who pissed his pants in 4th grade, but it wasn't an issue his last 2 seasons here.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 09-26-2018
I like Conley now. Didn't like him with Smith, he's a good fit here now.

I'd like to keep him, wouldn't wanna overpay though.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:27 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

I have a feeling that Mahomes is going to be like P. Manning and will make his receivers (and o-linemen) a lot of money.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:34 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's sad how this plays out. Once people peg you, you can't do anything to change it.

Wilson's alligator arms early in his career causes everyone to overlook how many times he made tough catches on the boundary and absorbed a big hit over the past 2 seasons.

Wilson got over the alligator arms man. I know he'll carry it around with him like the kid who pissed his pants in 4th grade, but it wasn't an issue his last 2 seasons here.
He alligator armed a pass in the Titans game fuck that guy.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:49 AM 09-26-2018
https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/...457650176?s=21
JFC, this is Aaron Rodgers type shit

This incomplete (out of bounds) throw was Mahomes' best of the day. Didn't realize how catchable it was. This is one of those "only Mahomes and Rodgers can do this" throws. pic.twitter.com/vBM3IXzlL9

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 26, 2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 09-26-2018

As I work on Mahomes' film review, my mind turns to the literally hundreds of people who insisted he would throw a ton of INTs this season. Here's a nugget from my charting:

Through 3 games, not only has Mahomes thrown 0 picks, he's thrown only 2 potential picks, both in Week 1.

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 26, 2018

[Reply]
FAX 11:00 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

I don't think you'll overpay for Conley one way or the other.

IMO, AS11 didn't look to Conley much. Throws went to him in certain (mainly clutch, gotta-move-the-sticks) moments because the enemy was doubling down on stopping Kelce and Hill in those situations. Kelce and Hill were AS11's go-to guys and Conley was treated as a kind of safety valve who worked past the sticks (rather than the flat/dump-off dude).

With Mahomes, I think you're already seeing that he can play a bigger role. He's dependable and in sync with #15. Mahomes is also going to find the open guy regardless of his number ... AS11 had his favorites (think safer play). Conley already has 2 TDs and, if I'm not mistaken, that's the same number as Kelce.

Some people are also complaining about his fumble. Granted, that was a bad thing, but also a great hit on the ball by a very good defensive player in Heyward. Nobody mentions Sammy's fumble, though. That one could actually have been a lot worse given the field position ... a lot worse.

FAX
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 AM 09-26-2018
Patrick Mahomes Turning Down Big Endorsement Deals ... Says Agent

The NFL's MVP through the first 3 weeks ain't cashing in on his early season success ... 'cause Patrick Mahomes' agent tells TMZ Sports -- NO BIG DEALS UNTIL THE OFFSEASON!!

Leigh Steinberg -- the super agent who represents the Chiefs' QB -- says it's all part of a plan to make sure Patrick keeps a level head throughout his first year as a starter.

"We're being very, very careful to allow this season to proceed without his face on every billboard," Leigh tells us.

"Without it creating a situation where he throws the first interception and people are saying, 'Well, why's he on every billboard??'"

Don't get it twisted ... Mahomes -- who's tossed 13 TDs with no picks in K.C.'s 3-0 start -- has done SOME deals ... BUT, the big fish are currently on ice.

"We're keeping it low key," Leigh says. "And, once the season is successfully over, then we'll go into marketing in a lot of different brand categories."

BTW ... if you were wondering what Patrick's eyeing for his first big endorsement -- Steinberg tells us Mahomes' mug could be on a cereal box near you this winter.
Oh fuck yes.

I knew it. I kept saying, "Mahomes will get his face on fucking cereal boxes" and I was right.

Holy shit. I fucking hate cereal, but you bet your asses I'm gonna make that shit a part of my daily balanced breakfast!
[Reply]
FAX 11:02 AM 09-26-2018
I'm guessing granola of some sort.

FAX
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:03 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Oh **** yes.

I knew it. I kept saying, "Mahomes will get his face on ****ing cereal boxes" and I was right.

Holy shit. I ****ing hate cereal, but you bet your asses I'm gonna make that shit a part of my daily balanced breakfast!
You will poop much better too!
[Reply]
Page 1084 of 2694
« First < 845849841034107410801081108210831084 108510861087108810941134118415842084 > Last »
Up