ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
keg in kc 12:08 PM 05-17-2017
Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:46 AM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
really a shame. the wokeness strikes again. Gonna pass.
It's not woke if the source material is filled with female characters.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 12-22-2021
Keep in mind that I wasn’t complaining of wokeness. Just reiterating what people are saying on Reddit about it.

I still think it was okay but I haven’t played the games or read the books. I’m going to do those now.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:17 AM 12-22-2021
Watched through ep 5 I think. Enjoying it, but do feel like I'm missing some things. Never read the books or played the game. Though I do have the first book in my pile of books to read.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:56 AM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Watched through ep 5 I think. Enjoying it, but do feel like I'm missing some things. Never read the books or played the game. Though I do have the first book in my pile of books to read.
I’ve got the first book and I own Witcher 3 on PS4. I just have to pick it up and play it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:13 PM 12-22-2021
Watched the final episode last night. I thought it was great.

Again, don't worry about idiots on Reddit attempting to woke hijack it. I'd be the first one to rail about it if that were the case.
[Reply]
Fish 12:19 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ve got the first book and I own Witcher 3 on PS4. I just have to pick it up and play it.
Witcher 3 is a very good game. An insane amount of content. If you did all the side quests and stuff, it would take you many months to finish. The story is awesome, and the series is sourced straight from it in most cases.

Funny thing, Caville is supposedly a big gamer nerd and has played the Witcher game many times. During filming, he would tell the director about little tidbits of the game, that would be included in the series.

The books are really good too, but I've only read 2 of them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:28 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Watched the final episode last night. I thought it was great.

Again, don't worry about idiots on Reddit attempting to woke hijack it. I'd be the first one to rail about it if that were the case.
Your opinion actually surprised me. When I read everything on Reddit, I assumed you would be next with the same thoughts. The fact that you aren’t on the same page with them makes me feel better about it.

I think my only issue with this season is that I wish there would have been more Geralt but it’s whatever.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:38 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Witcher 3 is a very good game. An insane amount of content. If you did all the side quests and stuff, it would take you many months to finish. The story is awesome, and the series is sourced straight from it in most cases.

Funny thing, Caville is supposedly a big gamer nerd and has played the Witcher game many times. During filming, he would tell the director about little tidbits of the game, that would be included in the series.

The books are really good too, but I've only read 2 of them.
He’s a huge PC gamer, he almost missed the casting call for SuperMan because he was raiding in world of Warcraft…
[Reply]
Frazod 01:01 PM 12-22-2021
Your opinion actually surprised me. When I read everything on Reddit, I assumed you would be next with the same thoughts. The fact that you aren’t on the same page with them makes me feel better about it.

I think my only issue with this season is that I wish there would have been more Geralt but it’s whatever.
If anything, the female characters are a bit more subdued in the show, particularly Yennifer. In the game, she is large and in charge; a haughty, bossy, condescending, superior bitch, largely ignoring the wishes and advice of everyone, including Geralt. She basically drags him around by his dick, and he's aware of it, doesn't like it, but grudgingly accepts it. You only see flashes of her doubts and vulnerabilities. One of the main choices you can make in the game is to pick Yen or Triss as your romantic partner. I always pick Triss. She's much nicer.

Yennifer in the show is far more human and vulnerable.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:44 PM 12-22-2021

What?!

You actually WANT to see the character the ****ing title is based on?

You must be new to this Netflix series thing. It's all the rage now you see. You draw in the fans with the main character, but then you tell a story where the support characters are main characters and the title character does a cameo here and there.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:12 PM 12-23-2021
First episode was FANTASTIC. Second episode was OK. However, the quality seems the same as the first season. I like it so far. Nothing weird and woke going on.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:50 PM 12-23-2021

As somebody that gets immediately turned off by wokeness being forced into movies/shows, I didn’t feel that it was an issue either.

This show doesn’t quite have the production quality and acting of a show like GOT, but I really enjoy it.

And I agree that this show needs more Geralt. He’s the best character played by who is by far the best actor in the series.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:48 AM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
As somebody that gets immediately turned off by wokeness being forced into movies/shows, I didn’t feel that it was an issue either.

This show doesn’t quite have the production quality and acting of a show like GOT, but I really enjoy it.

And I agree that this show needs more Geralt. He’s the best character played by who is by far the best actor in the series.
Think you can do better, you dockside scapegrace?

If you could, you could write whatever you please, but you can't, can you?

:-)
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 02:55 AM 12-28-2021
Just finished the whole season 2. I left a bit....empty. I think it's good, probably a 6/10, but you could tell the writing and the dialogue were lacking. One thing I will say is that the acting is top notch, and the fight scenes/effects are great. It's just lacking that extra bit of plot/writing to make it a really good show. The whole season just felt like a set up for the next season. A lot of the character decisions rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Anyone played the Witcher 3 video game? Thinking of giving it a go, since the world is so cool, and Geralt is such a cool character.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:29 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Just finished the whole season 2. I left a bit....empty. I think it's good, probably a 6/10, but you could tell the writing and the dialogue were lacking. One thing I will say is that the acting is top notch, and the fight scenes/effects are great. It's just lacking that extra bit of plot/writing to make it a really good show. The whole season just felt like a set up for the next season. A lot of the character decisions rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Anyone played the Witcher 3 video game? Thinking of giving it a go, since the world is so cool, and Geralt is such a cool character.
Yes. PLAY IT. Pretty much my favorite game of all time. Also, it will help you understand things about the show that are confusing.
[Reply]
Viet Dong 12-28-2021, 06:02 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up