ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Brian Daboll hired as Giants HC
RunKC 06:03 PM 01-28-2022
Bills losing again

Giants have chosen Brian Daboll as their next head coach @NFLonFOX working out the deal now

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) January 28, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:00 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:

And was the OC for the worst offenses in the league in Miami and KC when he didn’t have a stud QB.

Pretty sure Danny Dumb is closer to Casshole than Josh Allen.

Good luck with that, Giants fans.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
And Saban
Maybe, but saban comes from the parcells tree which leans toward the bellichick way. It wouldn’t be enough to take the bellichick stink out.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:07 PM 01-28-2022
Daboll seems to have improved as an OC since his days in KC. Good for him. I doubt he's head coach material, though - doesn't seem like his lane. He's Nagy, IMO. Always struck me as incredibly dull and lacking the "leader of men" factor. I view this as a loss for the Bills (he HAS been good for Josh Allen) and a loss for the Giants. Perhaps he will succeed, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:08 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe, but saban comes from the parcells tree which leans toward the bellichick way. It wouldn’t be enough to take the bellichick stink out.
Saban was on Bill's staff in Cleveland. He was the defensive coordinator.

He's 100% Patriot Way.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:12 PM 01-28-2022

As expected, #Bills are making concerted effort to retain Ken Dorsey. Here’s the issue for Buffalo: I’m told his negotiations with the #Giants revolve around a “big payday” and the strong push of Brian Daboll - who believes Dorsey’s the guy to elevate Daniel Jones. https://t.co/ptYvJbeGHJ

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
booger 07:13 PM 01-28-2022
He would be smart to retain giants DC Patrick Graham if he doesn’t get the Vikings hc job. Otherwise Daboll has a handful of years with Brenden Daly in NE. Same age.

Same situation with McDaniels if he takes the raiders job. He’s got 5+ years with Daly with the Pats and one year with the Rams. Martingale would also be a strong DC choice for McD.

Good thing going trend wise is secondary and linebacker coaches are more likely to get DC promotions than DL coaches
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sounds like he’s already backtracking a bit.

I bet the Bills match whatever offer the Giants make.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:24 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Saban was on Bill's staff in Cleveland. He was the defensive coordinator.

He's 100% Patriot Way.
While true, it seemed his time in the college game helped him reshape his offensive philosophy.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:25 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by booger:
He would be smart to retain giants DC Patrick Graham if he doesn’t get the Vikings hc job. Otherwise Daboll has a handful of years with Brenden Daly in NE. Same age.

Same situation with McDaniels if he takes the raiders job. He’s got 5+ years with Daly with the Pats and one year with the Rams. Martingale would also be a strong DC choice for McD.

Good thing going trend wise is secondary and linebacker coaches are more likely to get DC promotions than DL coaches
I’ve heard Wink, and Fangio are high on their list.
[Reply]
booger 07:31 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’ve heard Wink, and Fangio are high on their list.
Sounds fine to me. I’d just rather not lose House and Daly in the same offseason
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 08:26 PM 01-28-2022
I think it is a good hire by Giants and an upgrade over Judge, if Daboll can get good assistants, Giants will be good again
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:35 PM 01-28-2022
Would it have been better for Buffalo if they replaced McDermott and promoted Daboll as their HC and kept Dorsey as QB Coach/OC?

Maybe that sounds crazy, but the basis of their success as a contender is their offense/Josh Allen and they just let the brain trust behind that offense walk out the door.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up