ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>This one stings. We’re right there with you, #BillsMafia . . .**Sad Video**
DTVietnam 11:34 AM 01-28-2022
this is a bit dramatic for a Divisional Round loss but that was a loss for the ages ..

Man... Mahomes, Kelce and Reek out here putting people on suicide watch. .

when they beat us they m,ake T-shirts when they lose they upping their prozac doses

Actually the Bills players and fans (aside from twitter trolls) dont seem like bad people. .

reminds me of the Chiefs fan base. .and the 2019 Chiefs that lost to the Pats a few years back

Sucks for them that they have to play in the same Conference as The Reaper

This one stings.

We’re right there with you, #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/IOBTCx81dH

— Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) January 28, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 01-28-2022
The solution is simple:

Let Andy Reid hand pick his successor and then have Mahomes put his rubber stamp on it.

I'm willing to trust both of them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What would be awesome is if somehow McVay or Shanahan were available at the time.
How fascinating would Shanahan be?

Take that running attack of his and throw in a generational talent under center. I mean it could be transcendent.

It could also be a complete disaster.

McVay is essentially the spiritual successor to Reid. But Shanahan would be something interesting. Not saying it'll work, even - just that I'd be damn intrigued by the idea.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:18 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Are you convinced Zac Taylor is actually good?

I'm not sure I am. I haven't seen anything special out of that offense other than 'throw the ball to Chase really fast and get my quarterback killed'.

I mean Martz did that to Bulger and he lasted about 3 years. Taylor keeps sending Burrow out there with empty sets to get blasted and mostly in the name of odd little WR screens and shot plays.

Do you REALLY need 5 guys in the pattern for those?

Maybe the replacement won't be Reid, no. Probably, in fact. But there's no reason to believe Reid's replacement can't be as good as Zac Taylor.
The more important thing is probably going to be Veach's roster construction. Give Mahomes a solid OL and a solid defense. If he has those two things, I think he can win a lot of games no matter what. He's going to keep getting better too. He won't necessarily need Kelce/Tyreek.

Tom Brady won a Super Bowl last year with a stooge head coach because the roster around him was completely loaded. Four #1 quality receivers, a damn good OL, and a damn good defense (especially front 7).

In terms of Veach, you gotta like some of his recent draft picks like Humphrey/Smith on the OL, Nick Bolton at LB, and the Orlando Brown thing is looking pretty solid too. But he was also the guy who gave way too much money to guys like Frank Clark & Anthony Hitchens. Need to be as efficient as possible at finding high quality guys who don't cost a fortune.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The more important thing is probably going to be Veach's roster construction. Give Mahomes a solid OL and a solid defense. If he has those two things, I think he can win a lot of games no matter what. He's going to keep getting better too. He won't necessarily need Kelce/Tyreek.

Tom Brady won a Super Bowl last year with a stooge head coach because the roster around him was completely loaded. Four #1 quality receivers, a damn good OL, and a damn good defense (especially front 7).

In terms of Veach, you gotta like some of his recent draft picks like Humphrey/Smith on the OL, Nick Bolton at LB, and the Orlando Brown thing is looking pretty solid too. But he was also the guy who gave way too much money to guys like Frank Clark & Anthony Hitchens. Need to be as efficient as possible at finding high quality guys who don't cost a fortune.
I think it was SNR I was talking to about it a bit ago.

The Chiefs will never have this again - but as you've noted, we won't NEED this.

The Chiefs absolutely can (and should be expected to) get a couple of merely very good pass-catching options for Mahomes even after Kelce and Hill are gone. I mentioned having two McLaurin types.

I mean hell, why couldn't the Chiefs have what the Bengals have minus Chase? And would it even be that hard to pull off? Higgins, Boyd and Uzomah would likely be enough to keep Mahomes extremely dangerous, especially if you gave him a quality OL and a credible (ideally more consistent) defense.

There are just gonna be 3 or 4 ''eras' of Mahomes when all is said and done. This is likely to be the most memorable one because how it came about, what it is and wthe demons it exorcised - but the next will be successful as well.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:41 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it was SNR I was talking to about it a bit ago.

The Chiefs will never have this again - but as you've noted, we won't NEED this.

The Chiefs absolutely can (and should be expected to) get a couple of merely very good pass-catching options for Mahomes even after Kelce and Hill are gone. I mentioned having two McLaurin types.

I mean hell, why couldn't the Chiefs have what the Bengals have minus Chase? And would it even be that hard to pull off? Higgins, Boyd and Uzomah would likely be enough to keep Mahomes extremely dangerous, especially if you gave him a quality OL and a credible (ideally more consistent) defense.

There are just gonna be 3 or 4 ''eras' of Mahomes when all is said and done. This is likely to be the most memorable one because how it came about, what it is and wthe demons it exorcised - but the next will be successful as well.
The focus on the next wave of receivers for KC should be ball security. This year was evidence of how important it is to just catch the damn ball and don't fumble it. Way too many tip balls & fumbles this year, including from Tyreek & Kelce. Those two guys also had some bad drops in the Super Bowl loss. Find some guys who are extremely reliable at catching the ball and running good routes. If you can do that, you don't necessarily need them to be as explosive as Tyreek or Kelce.

Mahomes is going to continue getting better and better as a QB. He has shown some major growth the last couple months in terms of being a much more patient QB than the past. That's huge. I hope he continues to embrace this approach. Continue working on all the typical stuff (footwork, accuracy, decision-making, etc)...he will be friggin' unstoppable at age 30 no matter who is in the receiving group, as long as the dudes are running good routes and have good hands.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 03:06 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
If we lose the Bengals I will be offline for at least a week.
Damn. You make a strong case, but I still can't root against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:39 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
They were pretty much one dimensional with Davis.

Chiefs scored with Hardman, Pringle, Kelce, Hill and Mahomes.

it's not a coinkydink the Chiefs won.

They diced and sliced with multiple weapons.
Pringle and Hardman are the real reason our offense is next level again. . defense cant ignore them anymore and just focus on Reek and kelce..Patrick has shown that he will throw to the open WR no matter what number is on the jersey
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:50 PM 01-28-2022
Perfectly fine with me if other teams feel those painful playoff losses instead of us. We have way more than our share of those.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up