ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This one stings. We’re right there with you, #BillsMafia . . .**Sad Video**
DTVietnam 11:34 AM 01-28-2022
this is a bit dramatic for a Divisional Round loss but that was a loss for the ages ..

Man... Mahomes, Kelce and Reek out here putting people on suicide watch. .

when they beat us they m,ake T-shirts when they lose they upping their prozac doses

Actually the Bills players and fans (aside from twitter trolls) dont seem like bad people. .

reminds me of the Chiefs fan base. .and the 2019 Chiefs that lost to the Pats a few years back

Sucks for them that they have to play in the same Conference as The Reaper

This one stings.

We’re right there with you, #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/IOBTCx81dH

— Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) January 28, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 01:57 PM 01-28-2022
Did the Chiefs create a similar "woe is me" video three years ago?

God, I hope not.
[Reply]
FringeNC 01:58 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, this is kinda what I meant.

The Chiefs finished that game against NE and said "Hey, we just need to get better; we'll improve and take the next step..." then they set about making it happen.

The bitch of it all for Buffalo is that they know there ISN'T any better for them. They simply cannot play a better football game than they just played and arguably never will.

I cannot say this enough - Buffalo was ****ing outstanding Sunday. Top to bottom. Until 13 seconds left in the game when their coaches screwed them.
When you look at the Bills yard per play differential, it was one of the best in the last 10 years. Good luck improving on that. Dominate team that just didn't show up against weaker teams. They played a hell of a game against us though.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:59 PM 01-28-2022
I watched 13 seconds of it and thought of starving Ethiopians.
[Reply]
Spott 02:01 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Andy Reid is pretty old. So is Kelce. Buffalo does not have an all-time great coach who is getting old. None of their weapons are all-time great players like Kelce. I do think a lot of their fans (and others in the NFL) are ignorant about the structure of Mahomes’ contract. It is setup to help the front office surround him with plenty of good players on the team.
I forget that Kelce is in his early 30’s. He has just always seemed younger to me, which is probably because of his personality. If Reid were to leave in few seasons, I’m guessing we’d be able to attract a pretty good hire to replace him. Heck, maybe Payton will be ready to coach again by then.
[Reply]
Spott 02:02 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Did the Chiefs create a similar "woe is me" video three years ago?

God, I hope not.
The only thing missing from it was some sad violin music.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Buffalo does have the advantage over the long haul that an aging Andy Reid is not their coach. It is fair to wonder how much longer he can go. And it’s fair to wonder if the replacement will do a good enough job.
Are you convinced Zac Taylor is actually good?

I'm not sure I am. I haven't seen anything special out of that offense other than 'throw the ball to Chase really fast and get my quarterback killed'.

I mean Martz did that to Bulger and he lasted about 3 years. Taylor keeps sending Burrow out there with empty sets to get blasted and mostly in the name of odd little WR screens and shot plays.

Do you REALLY need 5 guys in the pattern for those?

Maybe the replacement won't be Reid, no. Probably, in fact. But there's no reason to believe Reid's replacement can't be as good as Zac Taylor.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:04 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I can't even imagine what it was like for the Bills fans at the game...man...spend all that money, travel all that way, feel like a million dollars when you have won the game, there's only 13 seconds left, no way the Chiefs come back...

...that would indeed suck. Been there done that fellas. Good luck down the road.
Be kind of like the KC Fans who went to Indy under Alex Smith for the epic meltdown loss to Luck. And they got stuck in a blizzard trying to drive home the next day. I think IIRC Stevie Ray got caught up in that shit. I'd rather win. It's so much better than losing. And if we take anything from this, we better remember on Sunday how fortunate we were to move on, and not blow it against the Bengals. Keep the focus, keep crushing opponent's souls.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
I forget that Kelce is in his early 30’s. He has just always seemed younger to me, which is probably because of his personality. If Reid were to leave in few seasons, I’m guessing we’d be able to attract a pretty good hire to replace him. Heck, maybe Payton will be ready to coach again by then.
Reid's not leaving.

I think he's a guy that dies at his desk someday. He barely has a life outside of football right now and hasn't for 20 years. This is what he loves doing - what's he going to do, retire to go fishing?

IMO, he sees this less as being a head coach and more as being a teacher. And he'll be happy to teach for as long as someone's asking him to do it.

Unless he has some catastrophic health issue or something like that knee/hip issue he's had becomes so degenerative that he ends up largely immobile, I don't think he's going anywhere for Mahomes career.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 01-28-2022
The Chiefs would have young offensive minds lining up for a chance to coach Mahomes.

Assuming Veach is part of that decision making process, I have all the faith in the world that we will replace Reid with an adequate HC whenever that day comes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Chiefs would have you g offensive minds lining up for a chance to coach Mahomes.

Assuming Veach is part of that decision making process, I have all the faith in the world that we will replace Reid with an adequate HC.
Now I will say this - being the guy that replaces Reid is going to be thankless as hell.

I mean would you REALLY want to follow that up? Not just with the fans, but with PM.

It's gonna be awfully tough.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:11 PM 01-28-2022
Now I will say this - being the guy that replaces Reid is going to be thankless as hell.

I mean would you REALLY want to follow that up? Not just with the fans, but with PM.

It's gonna be awfully tough.
No doubt those are some huge shoes to fill, but by then, Mahomes will be like a coach on the field.

We’ll absolutely miss Reid to some degree no matter what though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 01-28-2022
Mike fucking McCarthy won a Super Bowl with Aaron fucking Rodgers at QB.

With Mahomes, we'll be fine. All they need to do is find a coach that doesn't get in his way. There's plenty of those out there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No doubt those are some huge shoes to fill, but by then, Mahomes will be like a coach on the field.

We’ll absolutely miss Reid to some degree no matter what though.
Ask Jim Caldwell how much fun it is coaching an established legend when his coach moves on.

Caldwell never got credit for a thing out there. Then he went to Detroit, proved he might actually BE a decent coach, still got shit-canned.

Hey, there's only 32 of those jobs so if offered, I'd take it. And yeah, the Chiefs will have plenty of options to choose from. But in a TON of ways an internal promotion makes sense. Man I hope we can hold onto Kafka. He just seems like a turnkey solution.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:13 PM 01-28-2022
What would be awesome is if somehow McVay or Shanahan were available at the time.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:14 PM 01-28-2022
Ask Jim Caldwell how much fun it is coaching an established legend when his coach moves on.

Caldwell never got credit for a thing out there. Then he went to Detroit, proved he might actually BE a decent coach, still got shit-canned.

Hey, there's only 32 of those jobs so if offered, I'd take it. And yeah, the Chiefs will have plenty of options to choose from. But in a TON of ways an internal promotion makes sense. Man I hope we can hold onto Kafka. He just seems like a turnkey solution.
Ideally we have that guy in the building already when the time comes, no doubt.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up