ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
jallmon 03:31 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It looks really bad when Poles is from the Chiefs front office and didn't hire him.
The interesting thing to me is that they would return to the Chiefs organization for a GM, after firing their HC, who was also from the same organization.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s the onion bro
The Onion deals in sarcasm, which is generally only funny when it's true. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 03:37 PM 01-27-2022
That’s the onion bro
That doesn't change his truth of his statement.
[Reply]
eDave 03:39 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That doesn't change his truth of his statement.
Yes. The Onion, for what it is, is always based on the real.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:45 PM 01-27-2022
It’s weird because Nagy and Pederson got hired away fairly quickly. Wonder what the difference is between them and Bienemy?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:45 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
To me it isn't that surprising. EB is the OC for the Chiefs under Andy, who everyone knows is the master of the offense.
That never stopped the many Reid OC's from getting HC gigs before.

It's just weird. And im pretty sure it's because of the stuff from his college days.

Reid has one of the most successful coaching trees in the history of the NFL yet Beinemy, his most successful OC yet, can't get a job.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:46 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I still wonder if his baggage from 20-30 years ago is holding him back.
Im certain it is.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01-27-2022, 03:51 PM
This message has been deleted by UChieffyBugger.
UChieffyBugger 03:56 PM 01-27-2022
When I think about this it's clear the league is holding something against him. There has never been a DC or OC who has EB's resume that has NOT got a HC job...EVER. People come with the ridiculous "doesn't call plays" line when Reid himself said he does and Campbell, Siriani, Hackett etc never called plays and have got HC jobs. And the "bad interview" rhetoric is a weak excuse in order to digress from the real problem that is white coaches get a privilege that black coaches simply don't.

I wanted the draft picks like everyone else but now Poles is gone I ask myself..if we end up going to four AFC championships and potentially three superbowls WITH EB why the he'll would we want to change things now? We don't get no picks for Kafka and if the league are dumb enough to allow us to keep this staff together then let's keep it together. We actually gain more in the longterm if EB goes next year. If we win another championship and he still doesn't get a job then things would get crazy imo.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:02 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
When I think about this it's clear the league is holding something against him. There has never been a DC or OC who has EB's resume that has NOT got a HC job...EVER. People come with the ridiculous "doesn't call plays" line when Reid himself said he does and Campbell, Siriani, Hackett etc never called plays and have got HC jobs. And the "bad interview" rhetoric is a weak excuse in order to digress from the real problem that is white coaches get a privilege that black coaches simply don't.

I wanted the draft picks like everyone else but now Poles is gone I ask myself..if we end up going to four AFC championships and potentially three superbowls WITH EB why the he'll would we want to change things now? We don't get no picks for Kafka and if the league are dumb enough to allow us to keep this staff together then let's keep it together. We actually gain more in the longterm if EB goes next year. If we win another championship and he still doesn't get a job then things would get crazy imo.
Al Saunders
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:10 PM 01-27-2022
Al Saunders
He was HC for the Chargers for three years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:12 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He was HC for the Chargers for three years.
And he pissed so many people off in that time, he essentially got blacklisted from ever being a HC again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'll make this simple for you.

Who here knows what Beinemy actually does and how involved he is in game planning for the opponent each week and calling plays etc.?

If its that grey of an area, there is a reason.
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It looks really bad when Poles is from the Chiefs front office and didn't hire him.
Thats exactly where I'm at, his reputation in "league circles" seems to indicate that a HC gig is above his level of competence

Would love to get that extra 3rd or two, but it is what it is
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:40 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And he pissed so many people off in that time, he essentially got blacklisted from ever being a HC again.
But he still got a chance whilst EB hasn't.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:41 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats exactly where I'm at, his reputation in "league circles" seems to indicate that a HC gig is above his level of competence

Would love to get that extra 3rd or two, but it is what it is
Chicago were not going back to Reid's tree straight after Naggy so it has nothing to do with Poles imo..
[Reply]
Scorp 04:44 PM 01-27-2022
Is it a possibility he doesn't want a HC position? I mean he has the future goat and could possibly rack up multiple Superbowls staying right where he is. Or he could go to a shitty team and try to build something but most likely fail! Hmmmm I wonder what i would do?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up