ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Agreed. Or it could be that since "everybody knows everybody" in this league, maybe Andy is in EB's ear about being extremely picky on where to interview and who to stay away from. I assure you Dan Quinn removed his name from being a HC to staying with the Cowboys because IMHO he was only getting offers from teams with NO QB and he's been there done that gig and doesn't see anyone in this upcoming draft that is 1st rd material or if he does the teams offering him don't have a chance at the particular QB.
Quinn was a head coach for 6 years, all of them with Matt Ryan at QB. I wouldn't say he's "been there, don't that" with no QB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:20 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Quinn was a head coach for 6 years, all of them with Matt Ryan at QB. I wouldn't say he's "been there, don't that" with no QB.
You are correct and should have clarified, my bad. He has seen what happens to the majority of coaches who go some place with NO QB.
[Reply]
F150 02:20 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I would...another one is "bring to the table"

Where the **** is this table?
Are we eating dinner?

And every answer begins with "So, ........."
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You are correct and should have clarified, my bad. He has seen what happens to the majority of coaches who go some place with NO QB.
For sure. He's been around long enough to know it's a QB-driven league.
[Reply]
eDave 02:25 PM 01-27-2022
He's reached his peak. And there is nothing wrong with that because it's a pretty high peak. One that he will stand on for a long time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:31 PM 01-27-2022
I actually love his chances in the ncaa and can’t believe he isn’t there yet. A lot of these issues go away. College programs seem more willing to look away from shady pasts. He’d be a hell of a recruiter which goes a very long way. And if there’s a rep that he’s a Hardass that’s a great quality for a college HC that can turnover rosters every few years. Plus his knowledge of spread and rpo would be extremely valuable.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:35 PM 01-27-2022
I'll make this simple for you.

Who here knows what Beinemy actually does and how involved he is in game planning for the opponent each week and calling plays etc.?

If its that grey of an area, there is a reason.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:36 PM 01-27-2022
It looks really bad when Poles is from the Chiefs front office and didn't hire him.
[Reply]
kozzman555 02:51 PM 01-27-2022
Has anyone looked and seen how many HC's are hired from teams that were in the playoffs at the time?
[Reply]
jettio 02:57 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
EB doesn't do all that well in pressers, so I wonder if he has the same problems in interviews. The other thought is that maybe he's passing on some of those jobs. The Saints? No, thanks. Bears? Pass.
His pressers are as good as any coach. The NFL app on Roku has a page for each team and Chiefs page almost always posts each day's pressers. His answers are as good as the questions and as good as any of the players or coaches.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 03:05 PM 01-27-2022
If he doesn't get one this season, his ship has sailed. If he really wants an NFL HC job, I think he'll have to go be a college HC first.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:07 PM 01-27-2022
I’m not buying the whole “it’s in the middle of the playoffs so it’s not fair…” excuse for Eric.

He interviewed multiple places last year. He knows what teams asked during those interviews and what he could improve on for this go around and he’s had a whole year to prepare, not just a few days.

The fact he seems unprepared would be a HUGE red flag to me.

If you can’t knock an interview out of the park when you’ve had a year to prepare, how can a team expect him to have a fully detailed plan together for how to improve the team he’s trying to run?

Also, anyone that attends practices knows first hand that he’s not a “calm teacher” type of coach like Andy is. He’s a yelling and screaming type coach. He’s a “get in your face and scream cuss words” type of coach and I’m sure offices are concerned how that translates to building a young roster and coaching them up to compete for Championships.

Honestly, I don’t even think he’s a good OC.

I think he’s Peter principled into that spot because he was/is a GREAT running backs coach. That position is best “coached hard” but his style could wear thin with a young QB that wants to learn the game at this level.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:14 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It looks really bad when Poles is from the Chiefs front office and didn't hire him.
Not necessarily. Maybe Poles was told if you want this job we are not in favor of EB being our coach since Matt Nagy debacle. You know the political look from the fans perspective(another Chiefs OC ? No way !!)
[Reply]
jallmon 03:25 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
https://www.theonion.com/dipshit-own...ource=facebook
Certainly looks the dipshit. Jeez he looks the dipshit.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:30 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by jallmon:
Certainly looks the dipshit. Jeez he looks the dipshit.
That’s the onion bro
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up