ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:17 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Players respect him - quote from Tyreek Hill
Tyreek also said he thought Gordon was going to be a huge pick up. Tyreek is a nice guy but overly nice about what he says about guys on the team. Not a bad thing but you can't take his references seriously. Dude loves everybody.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:30 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Larry Wilson fan? If so, epic! Love that dude.
Yep. Larry died in 2020. You can tell I am old.
[Reply]
burt 01:32 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
The only thing I can relate this to, in regards to your comment, is when Kansas State hired Ron Prince as their Head Football Coach. Ron wasn't qualified to manage a car wash, but he was a hell of a used car salesman. Some people know how to sell themselves even when they are woefully unqualified, while qualified individuals can struggle like hell.
So I have a chance????
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:34 PM 01-27-2022
Does he even want the jobs? Maybe he is the one turning them down for one he has a pretty good gig here that he gets to enjoy the wins and not stress of a HC taking over a vacancy because that organization can't get their shit together. How bad does he want to be a HC?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:36 PM 01-27-2022
Al Saunders couldn't get a HC gig and he ran one hella of an offense with Dick Vermeil.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:39 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Al Saunders couldn't get a HC gig and he ran one hella of an offense with Dick Vermeil.
Exactly.

Because people thought he was an insufferable asshole.

Sometimes all the football IQ in the world isn't enough if people just plain don't like you.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:40 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Yep...but again, it was Vermeil's system, and without Warner/Green, Roaf/Pace, Bruce/Gonzalez, Faulk/Holmes, et al what the fuck did Saunders bring to the table? How good was he, really?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yep...but again, it was Vermeil's system, and without Warner/Green, Roaf/Pace, Bruce/Gonzalez, Faulk/Holmes, et al what the fuck did Saunders bring to the table? How good was he, really?
He was widely regarded as an offensive guru. But in his stint as interim HC for the Chargers, he burned a ton of bridges and that ended up proving insurmountable.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:43 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Tyreek also said he thought Gordon was going to be a huge pick up. Tyreek is a nice guy but overly nice about what he says about guys on the team. Not a bad thing but you can't take his references seriously. Dude loves everybody.
I understand what you are saying, but it was two different types of situations and questions.

1. Tyreek was asked about Josh Gordon. Tyreek is a good team player, so he says something nice.

2. Tyreek was asked about the team success. He did not have to say something nice about Eric.

(Side note - Chiefs have not given up on Josh Gordon, so they still see something.)
[Reply]
splatbass 01:43 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by NEOM:
How many times did I had someone applying for job, looking great on paper but shitting the bed in the interview.
Some people just don't do well in interviews, but still do well on the job. As someone that has hired quite a few people I don't judge just from the interview.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:48 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Yep. Larry died in 2020. You can tell I am old.
I remember that.

I am not old at all but that era of the NFL was its peak. Of course, I love 1920s NFL so I am a bit of an odd duck.

He played with the Cardinals his whole career and worked with them his whole post-career. Great stuff to see.

I loved when Mike Ditka cited Wilson's toughness when calling out TO for not playing with a broken finger. After all, Wilson played with casts on both hands.

And he never played in the playoffs. What a shame.

It was football back then. Not the flag football of today.
[Reply]
arrwheader 02:01 PM 01-27-2022
To me it isn't that surprising. EB is the OC for the Chiefs under Andy, who everyone knows is the master of the offense. We also have PM, who is a generational QB. Lot of the success is from Pat.

We also don't know if he is going to interviews but not really all in on it. Who knows a lot also that no one knows, but the above is a lot of it. Nagy was over smith, and made in roads with him, big improvements so that was a bit different. Also after seeing how nagy did after going to the bears probably re-affirms the above.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 02:03 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I still wonder if his baggage from 20-30 years ago is holding him back.
It’s why it’ll never happen here either
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 01-27-2022
Nagy had a winning record and made the playoffs twice in 3 years while having a horrible QB situation.

I don't think that's going to count against EB. EB's issues are more likely purely his.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:12 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Why does he HAVE to be an NFL Head coach?

What if he sucks in interviews?

What if he just isn't qualified?

Some of you act like he is the Prince son of the King and it's his birth right.
Agreed. Or it could be that since "everybody knows everybody" in this league, maybe Andy is in EB's ear about being extremely picky on where to interview and who to stay away from. I assure you Dan Quinn removed his name from being a HC to staying with the Cowboys because IMHO he was only getting offers from teams with NO QB and he's been there done that gig and doesn't see anyone in this upcoming draft that is 1st rd material or if he does the teams offering him don't have a chance at the particular QB.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up