ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:39 PM 01-27-2022
I still wonder if his baggage from 20-30 years ago is holding him back.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:40 PM 01-27-2022
Well if he gets hired next season we get two 3rds as opposed to one so maybe hold out hope
[Reply]
BWillie 12:42 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Getting banned from your entire schools campus for one year is not a good look. A place where hew as universally beloved to begin with.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:43 PM 01-27-2022
No idea what really is the reason but it's not because he's black. There is zero evidence that has ever been the case.

He's probably a bad interview and lets face it, owners are ****ing stupid. Adam Gase was hired twice. Jeff Fisher was hired twice. Look at McCarthy and Garrett lasted 8 years with total failure.

The list of bums goes on and on.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:45 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No idea what really is the reason but it's not because he's black. There is zero evidence that has ever been the case.

He's probably a bad interview and lets face it, owners are ****ing stupid. Adam Gase was hired twice. Jeff Fisher was hired twice. Look at McCarthy and Garrett lasted 8 years with total failure.

The list of bums goes on and on.
Some owner sat in an interview with Vic Fangio. VIC FANGIO. And thought that one was a good idea.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:47 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It is not good baggage in the #metoo era.

Plus, that Colorado tenure was a disaster.

It is hard to say. It is probably a combination of issues rolled together.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:47 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by wachashi:
"At the end of the day, we just gotta make sure we maximize the opportunities in front of us. You see the thing is, is that if we take care of what we need to take care of, we're going to see good things happen. When we are presented with an opportunity, we have proven that we can rise to the challenge. I expect our guys to go out and play hard and play fast, but on top of that give us something productive to help us secure a victory. And I'll say this, our guys are doing a great job and we're going to continue to see great things if we keep our minds right and stay focused on being the most productive team that we can possibly be."

- Eric Bieniemy in an interview, probably
Yep. Anyone who watches his press conferences knows that he just vomits word salad. Sometimes its literally nonsense of him rotating through coach-speak cliches. But that's in front of the media.

If that's how he's interviewing in private, though, I'd also be concerned about hiring him. Based on what Gottlieb said in the earlier post, it sounds like that might be the case.
[Reply]
neech 12:51 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by NEOM:
How many times did I had someone applying for job, looking great on paper but shitting the bed in the interview.
I don't know how many times?
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 12:55 PM 01-27-2022
I think the polite way to say it is "he does better in-person" and the last 4 years he's been unable to interview because playoffs
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:55 PM 01-27-2022
Players respect him - quote from Tyreek Hill

Originally Posted by :
And that's in large part to their leadership in head coach Andy Reid and offensive coordinator Eric Bieiniemy.

"You got so many playmakers all over the field, that's why you never panic -- on defense, on offense and on special teams," Hill told James Palmer of NFL Network. "And plus, you got one of the greatest coaches of all time in Andy Reid, Eric Bieniemy. That combo is nasty. It's like Shaq and Kobe. It's crazy."

It's unknown how long the duo will be together, with Bieniemy again garnering a lot of interest that will undoubtedly ramp up after Sunday's efforts, but the Chiefs will worry about that later.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...shaq-and-kobe/

[Reply]
oldman 01:03 PM 01-27-2022
EB doesn't do all that well in pressers, so I wonder if he has the same problems in interviews. The other thought is that maybe he's passing on some of those jobs. The Saints? No, thanks. Bears? Pass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 01-27-2022
I don't really give much of a shit either way.

Dude's a former RB, first of all. Those guys typically aren't the smartest ones out there. He's got a checkered past and he's also hooked up with a HoF head coach, HoF QB, HoF TE, and one of the most dangerous WRs in NFL history.

I'd be skeptical of just how much he brings to the table too.. If he's truly worthy, he will get his chance.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:14 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
EB doesn't do all that well in pressers, so I wonder if he has the same problems in interviews. The other thought is that maybe he's passing on some of those jobs. The Saints? No, thanks. Bears? Pass.
I doubt he's passing on any opportunity. There are only 32 of those jobs. If it's offered to you, as a first time HC you're in no position to turn it down. If you're Andy, Bill or another established HC you can afford to a little picky
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:16 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Players respect him - quote from Tyreek Hill
Larry Wilson fan? If so, epic! Love that dude.

Secondly, players tend to like their coaches if the team is doing well. Raiders players want to keep Bisaccia. It is worth noting but not too much.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:16 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I doubt he's passing on any opportunity. There are only 32 of those jobs. If it's offered to you, as a first time HC you're in no position to turn it down. If you're Andy, Bill or another established HC you can afford to a little picky
Beinemy may not since he's been passed over so much, but I'd bet a lot of guys would. You can ruin your head coaching career before it even gets started by taking the first job offered to you with a shitty GM and roster devoid of talent.

There are reports out now that the Jaguars offered Byron Leftwich the head coaching position, but he's saying he won't take the job unless they shitcan Baalke and bring on Adrian Wilson as GM.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up