ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:08 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Yutes or youthz?
Yooth.

And coke, not soda, though I've retrained myself on that one.
[Reply]
jettio 12:08 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Guys...as much as people hate to acknowledge it...the guy is just not head coach material. It's not because he's black...it's because he is not a good candidate for a HC. I bet you every GM that interviews him thinks "holy crap, no way am I hiring this guy, I don't care what Stephen A says"...

I think he's a motivator and can execute a plan, but he's not an innovator and cannot come up with a plan, and that's coming out in interviews.
A plan?

Andy Reid runs efficient training camps and coaches the coaches and treats players right while establishing a standard of hard work.

Football coaching is not cancer research, innovation is overrated. Coaches that win don’t win because of intellectual innovation. Coaches that win win because they know how to use the time well so that everyone is working smart.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:09 PM 01-27-2022
People talk about all the horrible coaching hires but not every coach can succeed. I don't care who denver has as coach for the next 10 years. Without a qb, they're not taking the conference from the chiefs.

And being on hiring committees for work...yeah a great interview can have a huge impact. My colleagues have gushed over interviews even when they lacked experience...which I don't understand.
[Reply]
myselff77 12:10 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
With that said, there's no other coaching candidate with anything near the credentials of EB. He deserves a shot based on merit alone, even if he really is JAG. I don't like him getting snubbed again.
What credential of EB are most appealing? How is he better than 31 other offensive coordinators (other than the Chiefs have been very successful)? While I don't think Nate Hackett was necessarily more qualified, he has a bit more extensive experience being an offensive coordinator for multiple teams/coaches. Perhaps if EB really wants to be a head coach, it's time for him to gain additional experience as an offensive coordinator under someone other than Andy. I also think nobody will say it, but his run-ins with the court system in his younger years probably still haunt him to this day. In the age of extreme wokeness, would you hire a guy who is potentially a simple viral tweet away from poor PR on your organization, even if it happened years ago?

At the end of the day, EB is very successful at what he does, compensated well, and has been very valuable to the Chiefs. Most offensive coordinators do not go no to be head coaches. There's nothing wrong if he just never gets that opportunity.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:10 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
People talk about all the horrible coaching hires but not every coach can succeed. I don't care who denver has as coach for the next 10 years. Without a qb, they're not taking the conference from the chiefs.

And being on hiring committees for work...yeah a great interview can have a huge impact. My colleagues have gushed over interviews even when they lacked experience...which I don't understand.
Do they have the right attitude? I am telling you...in today's world...attitude is more important than aptitude in many cases.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Oh boy. Yeah, that should never happen. You interview for a whole lot of reasons, but primarily you want to see what they know, how they prepare, and how they are going to relate to the position. Resumes are great, but the interview has always been vitally important...at least when I was looking to hire.
In my old job I routinely saw people who were underqualified get jobs because of good interview skills. It almost never translated to the role they were hired for. So many I could not figure out how they got the job over the other more knowledgeable, well qualified person. Interviews are overvalued by employers.

This was a knowledge based & skilled position. Now a customer service position or maybe even sales - interviewing makes more sense.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:14 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In my old job I routinely saw people who were underqualified get jobs because of good interview skills. It almost never translated to the role they were hired for. So many I could not figure out how they got the job over the other more knowledgeable, well qualified person. Interviews are overvalued by employers.
I value skill testing the most, then interviews, then resumes (which are really just for initial screening in my opinion). References are completely useless in my book, because anyone in the world can find three people who'll talk them up.

Of course, to get the job you need a good enough resume to get invited to the skill testing, and good enough skill testing to get invited to the interview, and a good enough interview to beat out the other candidates who have also made it to that stage. So each part has a purpose.
[Reply]
Iconic 12:22 PM 01-27-2022
I feel bad for him but I'm not complaining. He can stay here as long as he likes, fuck your shitty 3rd round comp pick you guys keep jerking off too, he was part of a staff that helped us get to potentially 3 fucking SBs. Clearly he's doing something right lol.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:23 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
What credential of EB are most appealing? How is he better than 31 other offensive coordinators (other than the Chiefs have been very successful)? While I don't think Nate Hackett was necessarily more qualified, he has a bit more extensive experience being an offensive coordinator for multiple teams/coaches. Perhaps if EB really wants to be a head coach, it's time for him to gain additional experience as an offensive coordinator under someone other than Andy. I also think nobody will say it, but his run-ins with the court system in his younger years probably still haunt him to this day. In the age of extreme wokeness, would you hire a guy who is potentially a simple viral tweet away from poor PR on your organization, even if it happened years ago?

At the end of the day, EB is very successful at what he does, compensated well, and has been very valuable to the Chiefs. Most offensive coordinators do not go no to be head coaches. There's nothing wrong if he just never gets that opportunity.
The reason organizations pick from trees is that these guys learn the Reid way of winning. Reid is as good as anyone at preparing the team, setting plans, getting players motivated. Despite pederson and Nagy flaming out, which I think has a lot more to do with insistence on playcalling, His coaching tree is as good as anyone.

That’s what’s most bothersome to me. These coaches aren’t always picked because they’re great play callers. Joe judge got a gig with way less scheme experience. The most enfuriating thing is that the majority of teams are so brainwashed by this absurd patriot way that they believe the bellichick way of winning is better than Andy Reid’s. Even though the bellichick way has failed repeatedly outside of New England.

So yeah, that’s absolutely worth taking a chance on if your option is either that or some safe option like Leslie Frazier and the millions of retreads. Too many teams willing to go with safe but above average than take a risk on A guy who’s unproven.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:26 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I feel bad for him but I'm not complaining. He can stay here as long as he likes, **** your shitty 3rd round comp pick you guys keep jerking off too, he was part of a staff that helped us get to potentially 3 ****ing SBs. Clearly he's doing something right lol.
I value the 3rd round draft pick(s) more than almost ANY offensive coordinator we could have because 1) This is Reid's system 2) Kelce and Mahomes make it happen. Our offensive coordinator could be ReRun and we would still be good. Theyre still going to call Andy's plays. Andy's still going to script certain aspects of the game. Mahomes is still gonna street ball it when he needs to.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:29 PM 01-27-2022
Reid was known as one of the first coaches to get hired because he was so detailed and organized.

Surprised Reid hasn't setup EB with this and taken a more hands off approach.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:30 PM 01-27-2022
He's probably distracted with that whole playoffs thing
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:32 PM 01-27-2022
Andy Reid has been working with Eric since 2013 and says he would be a great head coach.

Patrick Mahomes has been working with Eric since 2017 and has stated people are crazy for not hiring Bieniemy as a head coach.

Alex Smith has also stated Eric would be a great head coach.

The Chiefs post season success has interfered with Eric's ability to prepare and interview for NFL head coaching jobs.

As some of you have expressed, I have a concern with his "end of the day" and "you got to keep chopping wood" coach speak that he does in media interviews. Hopefully someone has helped him with that, so his job interviews are better.

I wish Eric luck and hope he gets an opportunity.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:37 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Man to be a fly on the wall to hear what detailed plans these coaches are laying out in these interviews. That's the Hard Knocks episode I want.
Ok its not the NFL or coaching world, but in my line of work (Public Affairs and Political BS), I've been in dozens of meetings where some person is interviewed for a position because they talked fast, said some big words, said "algorithm," looked the part and got the job.

I feel bad for the dude.
[Reply]
wheeler08 12:39 PM 01-27-2022
This year, not only is he not getting hired, I don’t even think he’s getting interviews. To my knowledge, the only interview he had this year was with Denver. And that made the least sense from all involved.

I think his time has passed. If I’m a GM and this guy has been passed on the last 3 years, why would I want him?

And should we be worried at this point in losing Khafka? I could see him getting an OC job before Bienemy gets a HC job. Chicago perhaps? Eberflues is going to need a whole new staff, I don’t know what coaching tree he is from, but their GM has ties to Khafka now
[Reply]
Page 5 of 15
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up