ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
Spott 11:53 AM 01-27-2022
Seems like a good way to interview people might be to do it more casually over dinner/drinks(obviously not too excessive) at happy hour. I think you can learn a lot more from a person and how they will work with others in a more casual settings instead of having them answer a bunch of lame irrelevant questions like “describe a situation where you faced an obstacle at work and how it made you feel”.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:53 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
In a nutshell, he’s kinda dumb.
I don't think that at all. I just tend to believe that some guys can raise their game and make a splash in interviews, while some guys just can't sell it when they get their chance.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:54 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Scaga:
Maybe after hearing "at the end of the day....." 25 times during the interview, teams just quit listening... :-)
I would...another one is "bring to the table"

Where the fuck is this table?
Are we eating dinner?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:54 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by NEOM:
How many times did I had someone applying for job, looking great on paper but shitting the bed in the interview.
I don't think I'd even interview people if I owned a business. I don't give two shits what they say in an interview. I care about what they've done and can do.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:54 AM 01-27-2022
https://www.theonion.com/dipshit-own...ource=facebook
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:54 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think I'd even interview people if I owned a business. I don't give two shits what they say in an interview. I care about what they've done and can do.
You would be doing a bunch of hiring.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:57 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh boy. Yeah, that should never happen. You interview for a whole lot of reasons, but primarily you want to see what they know, how they prepare, and how they are going to relate to the position. Resumes are great, but the interview has always been vitally important...at least when I was looking to hire.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:57 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Seems like a good way to interview people might be to do it more casually over dinner/drinks(obviously not too excessive) at happy hour. I think you can learn a lot more from a person and how they will work with others in a more casual settings instead of having them answer a bunch of lame irrelevant questions like “describe a situation where you faced an obstacle at work and how it made you feel”.
You think that in an 9 hour interview they dont break for a bite to eat? Let's be real though, they're not looking to hire a drinking buddy. They interviewing for someone to lead their billion dollar company
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:57 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Or here's a thought. Wait until after the season is over before coaching candidates can be interviewed. This is Bienemy's busy season and y'all are distracting him from his job.
Whoooa...y'all is singular...all y'all is plural
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:59 AM 01-27-2022
I care more about attitude than aptitude. I can teach you job success...I can't teach you to be positive, happiness. and give a damn.
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 12:02 PM 01-27-2022
I want Kafka to have a chance at OC this coming year.
Wondering if Reid has a plan for this. Maybe an agreement with EB that he needs to move on (one way or another) this year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:03 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Whoooa...y'all is singular...all y'all is plural
I'm not good at y'all. I was raised in a you'n's region of the country.
[Reply]
wachashi 12:03 PM 01-27-2022
"At the end of the day, we just gotta make sure we maximize the opportunities in front of us. You see the thing is, is that if we take care of what we need to take care of, we're going to see good things happen. When we are presented with an opportunity, we have proven that we can rise to the challenge. I expect our guys to go out and play hard and play fast, but on top of that give us something productive to help us secure a victory. And I'll say this, our guys are doing a great job and we're going to continue to see great things if we keep our minds right and stay focused on being the most productive team that we can possibly be."

- Eric Bieniemy in an interview, probably
[Reply]
TimBone 12:06 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm not good at y'all. I was raised in a you'n's region of the country.
Yutes or youthz?

[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:08 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I was just doing some surfing and came across this blurb from Fox Sorts and Doug Gotlieb from almost exactly a year ago, Who knows how legit this is...

The Real Reason Why Eric Bieniemy Isn't Getting Hired as an NFL Head Coach
By Wil Leitner
Jan 26, 2021

Doug Gottlieb: “I talked to three different people in three different front offices last night and I was trying to figure out ‘What’s the deal?’ No one disliked Bienemy, there was nothing in a background check that wouldn’t let you hire him, and there was nothing in regards to somebody you didn’t enjoy the conversation with. Nobody was like ‘I CAN’T WORK WITH THIS GUY.’ But it was interesting because with each different job that I had spoken to somebody about, it felt like the way in which it was described was that it wasn’t that he wasn’t prepared, or that he didn’t have a general plan, it was just that he didn’t have a lot of details to it… I don’t think anyone wants to hire a coach because social media told them to hire a coach, but I don’t think that’s an issue of why he hasn’t gotten a job yet. If people understand the level of preparedness it takes for each of these interviews and the level of detail that most of these places would like to require... Is Dan Campbell a ‘rah-rah’ guy, yeah, but you also have to factor in that the Detroit Lions don’t know who their quarterback is going to be, they had a head coach who thought he knew more than everybody, hadn’t played, and everybody disliked him. So what do you do? You bring in a guy who everybody likes, HAS played, and who just has great positive energy, as was the case with the press conference. Nick Cirianni spent time with Andy Reid too, but the difference was that he was with Frank Reich, who was the one guy who really connected with Carson Wentz, and this was all about Carson Wentz. Every guy I talked to about Bieniemy was like ‘he was good and I can see him becoming a head coach, it’s just for us there wasn’t a lot of detail, and I think it might be because he’s doing too many interviews while still having his other job.’… I would say that’s what’s holding him back from a job. It’s a little bit like Trump for the last six months of his presidency talking about how he has a ‘plan’ for healthcare and he never released it. That’s a little bit like what they felt like with Bieniemy in terms of he had the ‘ideas’ of a plan, but did not seem to have a plan on how to implement that, or in comparison to how the others he was competing against.”

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...fl-head-coach/
This makes sense and also points out the HUGE FLAW in how the NFL's hiring process is broken.

Each year, EB is in the middle of a Super Bowl run. Of course he does NOT have the time to completely evaluate another team and design a detailed plan to fix it. Especially with multiple team interviews. Its ridiculous to expect that until after the season.

The NFL needs to implement a rule that once the playoffs start, no hiring can take place until after the Super Bowl.

This would keep Coaches from being enormously distracted during the most important time of the year for their current teams.

While also allowing the coaches in the playoffs to put their best foot forward during interviews after they have had time to evaluate a prospective team.

If a Coaching candidate that is still in the playoffs comes in with a detailed plan on a certain team, how fair is that to his current team that needs the most out of him at this very time! That is a Coach that puts himself above the team at the worst possible time.

No one should ask that of a Coach. No Team should have to worry about one of their Coaches having to deal with that DURING a playoff run.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 15
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up