ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
wazu 11:26 AM 01-27-2022
I don't know if EB will be a good head coach, but I do know that teams every year are hiring absolutely terrible head coaches all over the league. Most teams seem to be very bad at this process, so to me it doesn't necessarily speak that badly about EB.
[Reply]
scho63 11:26 AM 01-27-2022
Why does he HAVE to be an NFL Head coach?

What if he sucks in interviews?

What if he just isn't qualified?

Some of you act like he is the Prince son of the King and it's his birth right.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:27 AM 01-27-2022
I think it's becoming obvious (to me, anyway) that he doesn't interview well at all. People aren't afraid of hiring minority Head Coaches. They are afraid of hiring guys that are "System Coaches". In other words, the HC and scheme (and 15, 10 & 87) are the magic - not EB.

Eric does really well as our OC, and the players seem to REALLy like him. I just think he's having a hard time selling himself and his ideas as to why he can come in and turn a Franchise around. And just so we are square, that's not easy to do in an interview.
[Reply]
Danguardace 11:27 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Why does he HAVE to be an NFL Head coach?

What if he sucks in interviews?

What if he just isn't qualified?

Some of you act like he is the Prince son of the King and it's his birth right.
Brandon Staley must have been a hell of an interview because he certainly was not qualified.

I just cant take that view point seriously I'm afraid.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:30 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
This would be awesome. I think he gets the Saints job due it being the crappiest one available. I mean you’re -70M cap wise and you have no QB or WR. Oh, and your awesome LT is a UFA.

Good times. A job is a job though. I'd bet that's EB's next home.
[Reply]
Spott 11:30 AM 01-27-2022
I think some of it might be due to our recent success. The Super Bowl happens a full five weeks after the regular season, and a lot of teams probably want to have a coach in place by then.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:30 AM 01-27-2022
GMs, personnel staff, scouts, players, coaches - they all talk to one another. My guess is that EB does not have a good reputation as a coach, for whatever reason. Could be any number of things.

It's less about his skill at an interview and more about the general perception of his coaching abilities from people that have worked directly with him. If it's a negative perception, but people still think he's a good guy, they're not going to bad mouth him in public.

All we hear in public is positive stuff about the guy. The conversations behind closed doors must be different.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:30 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Brandon Staley must have been a hell of an interview because he certainly was not qualified.
The only thing I can relate this to, in regards to your comment, is when Kansas State hired Ron Prince as their Head Football Coach. Ron wasn't qualified to manage a car wash, but he was a hell of a used car salesman. Some people know how to sell themselves even when they are woefully unqualified, while qualified individuals can struggle like hell.
[Reply]
nychief 11:30 AM 01-27-2022
He is certainly more qualified and esteemed than a recycled fail son like Nathaniel fucking Hackett....

I mean for christ sake... once get passed over for Paul Hackett's thrice fired OC son who doesn't call plays, you start to see a pattern.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:31 AM 01-27-2022
If teams are hiring crappy candidates for head coach, if you are EB, do you *really* want to tie your coaching future to an organization who can't get the most basic hire right?
[Reply]
scho63 11:31 AM 01-27-2022
Mike Tomlin got hired by the Steelers because he killed the interview and they already told someone else they had the job and Tomlin's interview was just a formality.

The coach they passed was Russ Grimm
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:33 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by F150:
I just can't figure this shit out.
He’d be a good fit in Jacksonville. You get a guy who’s shown he can work with young QBs and you get Andy’s playbook (a good point that JT the Brick makes).

Denver is too stupid to figure this out, which I don’t mind.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:36 AM 01-27-2022
I have no idea what the issue is with EB, but there has to be something that everyone who has interviewed him is seeing and is turning them off. I honestly believe that his NFL head coaching window has closed. He'll either get a college job or will be a coordinator for the rest of his career
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:36 AM 01-27-2022
Are people under the impression that being qualified gets you the job? It doesn't. It gets you the interview. You then have to convince them to give you the job. Rumor is for the Denver job he got confrontational with the interviewers. That's dumb if true.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:36 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

I just cant take that view point seriously I'm afraid.
The hot trend is any young guy who’s ever been round Sean Mcvay and Matt LeFleur
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up