ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Packers OC Nathanial Hackett to be Donks HC
cmh6476 09:08 AM 01-27-2022
hmmmm

The #Broncos will make Nathaniel Hackett their new head coach, according to a report from NFL Network. https://t.co/TDnuxelif9

— Broncos Wire (@TheBroncosWire) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 03:46 PM 01-27-2022
Rogers will be a bronco, deal with it. He will get even more input than he had in gb.
[Reply]
DomCasual 04:39 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
First, nobody is getting Rodgers AND Adams. That's just not going to happen.

Second, the Packers became a run-first team at the worst possible times this past season. If Rodgers really wants a change, he's not hitching his wagon to that.
Just reading through this thread, I'm seeing a lot of questionable takes. But yours are consistently the worst. Congratulations! You seem to have a gift!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:49 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
It is hard to imagine Rodgers coming to this division but by all accounts it wouldn't bother him.

The real worry isn't beating Rodgers, it's Burrow and Allen sitting over there in their weaker divisions getting homefield advantage every year while the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos beat the crap out of each other.
AFCN is no cakewalk. No guarantee the Bungles win their own division every year. And the Bills were all most taken to the wire with the Pats for their division. If Rodgers was smart and was coming to the AFC, he’d go to the Colts. Easier division, decent OL, running game, and defense. Coming to the AFCW would be foolish.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:54 PM 01-27-2022
You guys know damn well if you were them you’d hire this guy in the hopes of getting Rodgers.

You have the best QB in the world and another legit top 10 talent in your division. Rodgers isn’t a truly elite QB anymore but he’s a top 5 QB that gives them a realistic shot compared to what they’ve had
[Reply]
DRM08 05:01 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rodgers isn’t a truly elite QB anymore but he’s a top 5 QB that gives them a realistic shot compared to what they’ve had
Two straight MVP's. Rodgers is as elite as it gets, at least in the regular season. Some bad playoff chokes the last two years. Niners with a shitty QB should not be able to beat Rodgers with only 13 points. Brady (with 3 INT's) should not be able to beat Rodgers at Lambeau.

That being said, I suspect the Broncos would gladly sign up for Rodgers at MVP level in the regular season and choking in the playoffs. That's better than being a really bad team like they've been lately.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:26 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's dumb. Are we really just going to act like we don't know why Denver hired Hackett? I actually think he's a pretty good hire when compared to some of the other "talent" that's been hired recently, but this is obviously about something, or better stated, someone else.

I mean I know they’re in division, but I’d gladly trade them Henne if they had hired Bieniemy…
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:32 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
The 2nd question would be did Rodgers like and respect Hackett and what he brought to the table ??
This question has been answered repeatedly with Rodgers's own words. Yes, he thinks a lot of him. I believe there is a quote even in this thread.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:37 PM 01-27-2022
You guys know damn well if you were them you’d hire this guy in the hopes of getting Rodgers.

You have the best QB in the world and another legit top 10 talent in your division. Rodgers isn’t a truly elite QB anymore but he’s a top 5 QB that gives them a realistic shot compared to what they’ve had
How much capital are you giving up? Is it really a better investment than using those picks to prop up the organization (and perhaps develop your own guy) in the hopes that KC has a "down" year sometime over the next 5-8 years?

Would you rather draft your own Josh Allen and craft the team around him for the next 15 years or trade everything for Rogers and perhaps finish second in the AFC West once during Rogers' 2 years there?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:41 PM 01-27-2022
Honestly, I would have been more worried if they had landed Flores.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 05:51 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Honestly, I would have been more worried if they had landed Flores.
Come on really? Flores missed the playoffs for 3 straight years, Flores is a trash head coach
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:51 PM 01-27-2022

If I were the Broncos, yeah I'm sure I'd do this. Because the Broncos are dumb and if I were them, I'd be dumb too.

What if Rodgers doesn't want to leave GB? What if he'd rather just retire?

What if they have to give up 3 first round picks to get him.

It's a fucking stupid plan all the way around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:52 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Just reading through this thread, I'm seeing a lot of questionable takes. But yours are consistently the worst. Congratulations! You seem to have a gift!
:-)

Coming from you, that makes me a fucking Mensa candidate.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:07 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If I were the Broncos, yeah I'm sure I'd do this. Because the Broncos are dumb and if I were them, I'd be dumb too.

What if Rodgers doesn't want to leave GB? What if he'd rather just retire?

What if they have to give up 3 first round picks to get him.

It's a ****ing stupid plan all the way around.
What’s the alternative? Stay with the QB carousel of the last 6 years? How many QB’s that can compete with Mahomes come around in the draft? Even then you’d need a top 5 pick right?

Now they are just good enough to barely pick in the top. I think their GM will help them pick in the teens.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 06:15 PM 01-27-2022
I think Rodgers would be an idiot to come to the AFC and try to compete with all the young QB talent.

If he were smart, he'd go to the Niners and have a pretty easy path to the Super Bowl for the next 2-3 years.

Good chance he goes to the Donks and never gets out of the divisional round.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:18 PM 01-27-2022
What’s the alternative? Stay with the QB carousel of the last 6 years? How many QB’s that can compete with Mahomes come around in the draft? Even then you’d need a top 5 pick right?

Now they are just good enough to barely pick in the top. I think their GM will help them pick in the teens.
In the first two scenarios, I don't know what to tell you - you're talking about alternatives when in those 2 scenarios, Rodgers isn't coming at all. It isn't a matter of compensation, it's Rodgers deciding he doesn't want to be in Denver.

In the last scenario where there's a trade, do you really think trading multiple 1st day picks is a wise strategy for anybody that's 38 years old? They have a much better chance of getting Rodgers and not winning it all than they do of getting a trophy out of it. The AFC West is stacked. And then they'll be forced to rebuild, without a bunch of picks, after winning nothing.

It's extremely short-sighted. Of course, it's a Broncos kind of move. I kind of hope they do it.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up