ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Packers OC Nathanial Hackett to be Donks HC
cmh6476 09:08 AM 01-27-2022
hmmmm

The #Broncos will make Nathaniel Hackett their new head coach, according to a report from NFL Network. https://t.co/TDnuxelif9

— Broncos Wire (@TheBroncosWire) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:52 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It's also a false narrative that Denver is a talented team who is just a "QB away" form being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Indianapolis and Tennessee and even Miami are much closer to that description than Denver in the AFC.
I don't my friend, I get where you are coming from and I hate the Broncos more than anyone but living out here and watching all their games. The two areas that they are weak are obviously QB and o-line. There o-line is 1-2 guys away from being good. Otherwise their draft picks on the d side of the ball have all panned out for the most part and they have a very good D, the problem has been these past few years since their SB run is that their D IS ALWAYS on the field and they are gassed by the 4th qrt. They have very good WRs, and Javonte Williams is legit and tough to bring down. If they got a good HC with a decent veteran QB they are seriously competitive again. Just saying.:-)

If Elway still has any say in the hiring decisions then we are still good to dominate!!:-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:55 PM 01-27-2022
Rodgers is supposed to be getting married in February, so his life is probably non-football centered right now. I know he's sideways with his family. Could make the wedding reception interesting. Man, how could he have let Olivia Munn get loose? She just had a kid with comedian John Mulvaney!
[Reply]
tk13 02:59 PM 01-27-2022
It is hard to imagine Rodgers coming to this division but by all accounts it wouldn't bother him.

The real worry isn't beating Rodgers, it's Burrow and Allen sitting over there in their weaker divisions getting homefield advantage every year while the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos beat the crap out of each other.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:03 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
It is hard to imagine Rodgers coming to this division but by all accounts it wouldn't bother him.

The real worry isn't beating Rodgers, it's Burrow and Allen sitting over there in their weaker divisions getting homefield advantage every year while the Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos beat the crap out of each other.
Great point !!
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:06 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's dumb. Are we really just going to act like we don't know why Denver hired Hackett? I actually think he's a pretty good hire when compared to some of the other "talent" that's been hired recently, but this is obviously about something, or better stated, someone else.
Has any HC move been so poorly conceived and then telegraphed?

If they don't get Rodgers, this is a grade A clusterfuck of a hire.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:13 PM 01-27-2022
Go ahead AR, come on to Denver. You are not winning the division and you will not win the SB and you will cost Denver high picks.

I welcome this move if it happens.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:13 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It's also a false narrative that Denver is a talented team who is just a "QB away" form being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Indianapolis and Tennessee and even Miami are much closer to that description than Denver in the AFC.
True. But Denver has a lot of cap space. They have decent weapons at TE and Wr, and it would not be beyond the possibility that they could add Davante as well. I think hiring a coach that runs a offense he is familiar with and probably promises to open up and throw a lot more may very well be more of a selling point then going to run first teams of Tennessee or Colts, Miami is more wait and see who they hire but from early accounts they plan on giving Tua the reigns.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:13 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Rodgers is supposed to be getting married in February, so his life is probably non-football centered right now. I know he's sideways with his family. Could make the wedding reception interesting. Man, how could he have let Olivia Munn get loose? She just had a kid with comedian John Mulvaney!
Shailene Woodley Is no slouch.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Shields68:
True. But Denver has a lot of cap space. They have decent weapons at TE and Wr, and it would not be beyond the possibility that they could add Davante as well. I think hiring a coach that runs a offense he is familiar with and probably promises to open up and throw a lot more may very well be more of a selling point then going to run first teams of Tennessee or Colts, Miami is more wait and see who they hire but from early accounts they plan on giving Tua the reigns.
First, nobody is getting Rodgers AND Adams. That's just not going to happen.

Second, the Packers became a run-first team at the worst possible times this past season. If Rodgers really wants a change, he's not hitching his wagon to that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:17 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's obviously a figurehead. The real prize is Aaron Rodgers. :-)
You hire a head coach on the outside chance you'll land a QB for a few years? In the AFC West? I can't imagine they're that stupid.
[Reply]
wazu 03:18 PM 01-27-2022
Unless they had already worked out some parameters for a trade, and had it approved by Rodgers, it would be a massive reach to think that you could just hire an OC and that will mean you'll get Rodgers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:19 PM 01-27-2022

Yup. They'll also get scheduled against slapdicks in their non-divisional games and the Chiefs will have a top 5 schedule.

It sucks, but that's the way things are now.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 01-27-2022

That is an excellent, yet very disconcerting point
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You hire a head coach on the outside chance you'll land a QB for a few years? In the AFC West? I can't imagine they're that stupid.
Like I said a few times today, if they REALLY hired Hackett because they think it will land them Rodgers, they're beyond dumb. I mean has ANY team every done something so hilariously stupid?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:33 PM 01-27-2022
No wonder Hackett got hired because of his plan. All he had to say was “trade for Rodgers” and Paton stopped listening.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up