ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Former Packers OC Nathanial Hackett to be Donks HC
cmh6476 09:08 AM 01-27-2022
hmmmm

The #Broncos will make Nathaniel Hackett their new head coach, according to a report from NFL Network. https://t.co/TDnuxelif9

— Broncos Wire (@TheBroncosWire) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
PHOG 10:51 AM 01-27-2022
Bring it on. Put up or shut up Rodgers. Choker.
[Reply]
F150 10:52 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Is he related to Paul Hackett?

You remember those days too?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:03 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I mentioned this in another thread but it seems to be happening.

When the Broncos narrowed their search to 3 and Hackett was one of them, it became obvious to me that they felt signing Hackett would lure Rodgers out of Green Bay.

Now that they have hired Hackett, I believe that is definitely the plan.

Rodgers is on record endorsing Hackett for a HC. Thats more than he has said about Lafleur.

Rodgers girlfriend lives in Boulder Colorado.

Denver is a great place to live, actually Denver sucks but Colorado is a great place to live.

Denver has plenty of offensive weapons and a very good defense. They really are a QB short of being a really good team.

Denver has had NO success drafting QBs. Have already wasted many high picks on bad QBs. I dont think they would mind trading some high picks and maybe a player or two to acquire Rodgers.

There is A LOT of smoke here. I think this is the plan.

I dont think they hire Hackett without discussing this scenario and possibly some assurances from Rodgers people that he would be open to this.

Do they have the ammo? What if they made Surtain part of the trade?

Yeah, they have the ammo. Surtain and 22 1st plus 23 1st and some 2s and 3s or whatever. They have a ton of draft picks.

This is very possible and in fact looking more likely. Those of you saying NO WAY better buckle up.
Rodgers will be hosting the Price Is Right and chilling with Barker's beauties before he takes 1 snap for Denver.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:07 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I love how the tweet says "former Packers/Aaron Rodgers coordinator". Still trying to insert the Rodgers-to-Denver narrative in every piece of news...
Well, you gotta think that is a possibility. Didn't we do that with Paul Hackett in 1993 and brought Montana here?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:07 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I mentioned this in another thread but it seems to be happening.

When the Broncos narrowed their search to 3 and Hackett was one of them, it became obvious to me that they felt signing Hackett would lure Rodgers out of Green Bay.

Now that they have hired Hackett, I believe that is definitely the plan.

Rodgers is on record endorsing Hackett for a HC. Thats more than he has said about Lafleur.

Rodgers girlfriend lives in Boulder Colorado.

Denver is a great place to live, actually Denver sucks but Colorado is a great place to live.

Denver has plenty of offensive weapons and a very good defense. They really are a QB short of being a really good team.

Denver has had NO success drafting QBs. Have already wasted many high picks on bad QBs. I dont think they would mind trading some high picks and maybe a player or two to acquire Rodgers.

There is A LOT of smoke here. I think this is the plan.

I dont think they hire Hackett without discussing this scenario and possibly some assurances from Rodgers people that he would be open to this.

Do they have the ammo? What if they made Surtain part of the trade?

Yeah, they have the ammo. Surtain and 22 1st plus 23 1st and some 2s and 3s or whatever. They have a ton of draft picks.

This is very possible and in fact looking more likely. Those of you saying NO WAY better buckle up.
I can't decide which team would be more foolish to make that trade. It looks to be a lose-lose for both teams, and for Rodgers. At least in GB he's competitive. In Denver he'd end his career on a low note.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:09 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The son of one of the worst offensive coordinators I've ever seen, becoming the head coach of a division rival with one of the most dismal QB situations in the league.

Thanks, Denver.
Well, he did help us get to the AFC Championship game in 1993. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Joe Montana being great but Hackett was the offensive coordinator. Also, in the previous year's playoffs, we got shutout at San Diego. Now that was horrible offense.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:10 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
The AFCW opponents need to be bringing in defensive minded coaching to have any shot at keeping up with the Grim Reaper. Then find a top notch OC. Or not. I guess it really doesn't matter what they do. I hope Rodgers wobbles over with him. We need a little competition.
:-) How did that work out for the Chargers and Broncos?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
How is his relationship with Rodgers?

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers, who once said of Hackett: “No one brings me more joy.”
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/16/na...te-daily-cover

“Hope he doesn’t go anywhere… Unless I do.”

- Aaron Rodgers on Nathaniel Hackett in November

(Via @RobDemovsky)

— RK (@RyanKoenigsberg) January 27, 2022

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
Stephen A Racist meltdown is priceless
[Reply]
mkp785 11:19 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Like Rodgers wants to go to a division where he'll play Mahomes, Carr, and Herbert 2x each per year, lol.

He better keep his stupid ass in GB. Or go to Tampa if TB retires.

Or else.
If he was smart, he'd stay. I do think Tennessee would work well if they can rid themselves of Tannenhill.

Rodgers with Henry, AJ and whatever Julio can still give is pretty good. Plus, that defense and Oline and a cakewalk division.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 01-27-2022
By all means….mortgage your franchises future for a QB that has shown to be a complete ass who doesn’t show up in big games.

You’ll get 2-3 years of nothing to show for it and your future will suffer for it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:55 AM 01-27-2022
Paul Hackett's kid? Well, this makes life easier. The broncos are now getting people who I pre-hate, so I don't even have to build up any animosity.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:01 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
By all means….mortgage your franchises future for a QB that has shown to be a complete ass who doesn’t show up in big games.

You’ll get 2-3 years of nothing to show for it and your future will suffer for it.
That's a likely outcome regardless. AR drives revenue....and that is the name of the game for an NFL franchise.

Money, money, money, money, money
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:02 PM 01-27-2022
:-)

That's brutal.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:27 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
No one is afraid to play Carr or Herbert.
I refuse to take the bait! :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up