ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>You know...signing Juju would make a lot of sense.
Chris Meck 08:21 AM 01-26-2022
If he's really wanting to be here, and he got $8m last year (and missed most of this season to the shoulder injury) he'd be reasonably priced. He's 25.

It buys you time to draft and develop WR's.

It allows you to concentrate on the defensive re-shuffle in the rest of FA and the draft.

Take one of your thirds and draft like...Jerome Ford and call the offense good.

Everything else can be defense.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:13 PM 01-27-2022
Chark is the way. I think he'd be less expensive and has way more potential. He's the big body fast guy that could come in and take this entire offense to a whole new level.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:50 PM 01-27-2022
If Odell becomes available in the offseason, would you rather have him or JuJu?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Not sure we want OBJ's money. He's going to be more expensive than he's actually worth.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:03 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Not sure he'd be willing to take on a complementary role and still be a good soldier about it over any meaningful timeline.

I don't want some sort of weird dueling alpha thing happening in the WR room. Gimme a good complementary player who's physical underneath, has some length and can stretch the field a little bit to open up the occasional crossers for our other water-bugs.

I think we get diminishing marginal returns on anything more than that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not sure he'd be willing to take on a complementary role and still be a good soldier about it over any meaningful timeline.

I don't want some sort of weird dueling alpha thing happening in the WR room. Gimme a good complementary player who's physical underneath, has some length and can stretch the field a little bit to open up the occasional crossers for our other water-bugs.

I think we get diminishing marginal returns on anything more than that.
Juju's best work was with Brown drawing the attention. He'd have that here, too. It's about an ideal spot for him if his ego will accept it.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:05 PM 01-27-2022
JuJu would be fine here. He really struggles when he is the #1 option. Here he would be option 3 and could probably do well for not a lot of money.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 01-28-2022
I don't think juju is very good?

Way better options out there for less IMO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 01-28-2022
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said "it wouldn't shock" him if the Chiefs pursued Odell Beckham in free agency this offseason.

Fowler said Beckham returning to the "cash-strapped Rams appears difficult" since the team has committed so much money to Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp for the foreseeable future. That could leave Beckham -- after restarting his fledgling career in LA -- to seek a contender this offseason. "Most agree Beckham fits better on a contender with a strong culture," Fowler said. "Going to the Jacksonville Jaguars or Chicago Bears for the biggest check could backfire." Kansas City expressed interest in OBJ in 2021 and could woo him as a much-needed third option in their highly-concentrated passing offense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 01-28-2022
I mean...yeah. If he wants to come here, bring him on.

Talk about a good fit schematically.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:16 PM 01-28-2022
I've really liked what I've seen from Cedrick Wilson in his role with the Cowboys. Has had some really good games when he has been asked to step up, also is used to being 3rd or 4th fiddle in the Dallas' offense.

I'd prefer Chark but I think Wilson would be a sneaky good addition.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:09 PM 01-28-2022
I’m adding Allen Robinson to this list as well. Dude is going to need a rebound year to bring his value back up. Or he could just want a chance at a ring.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:05 AM 01-29-2022
I was just looking up D.J. Chark's profile as I'm not super familiar.

I like the size, and he had the one real good year, and another decent one. He's 25. He's 6'4", and he's got...

32 1/2 " arms.

WTF? Who dis TREX muthascratcha?

LOL

Who's 6'4" with alligator arms like that?

As a 6'4" WR, you're kind of negating your height advantage with short-assed arms like that.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:59 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I was just looking up D.J. Chark's profile as I'm not super familiar.

I like the size, and he had the one real good year, and another decent one. He's 25. He's 6'4", and he's got...

32 1/2 " arms.

WTF? Who dis TREX muthascratcha?

LOL

Who's 6'4" with alligator arms like that?

As a 6'4" WR, you're kind of negating your height advantage with short-assed arms like that.
I buy all my pistols from a guy called T-Rex. He's a small arms dealer
[Reply]
poolboy 10:08 PM 02-01-2022
Cedrick Wlson would make sense too
45 catches 600yds 6 tds

similiar to Pringles numbers...produced with Cooper. Lamb and Gallup afoot
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:53 AM 02-02-2022
Here's one thing you guys gotta keep in mind-

The reason none of your household name WR's wanted to come here last offseason is still the reason that many may pass this year.

They'll be the #3 option, though they may well be the #2WR. And on top of that, Andy will scheme up some Hardman designs, too. And all of that takes away your targets.

OBJ will not be coming here, and we shouldn't pay him anyway.

Juju has said he'd like to come to KC. That means he understands this time around. Chark maybe? Yeah, okay, sure. I could get behind that.

A cheap vet in the last few years of his career is possible, but what I'd prefer is a 25-26 year old that can lock up the spot for 3-4 years.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up