ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>You know...signing Juju would make a lot of sense.
Chris Meck 08:21 AM 01-26-2022
If he's really wanting to be here, and he got $8m last year (and missed most of this season to the shoulder injury) he'd be reasonably priced. He's 25.

It buys you time to draft and develop WR's.

It allows you to concentrate on the defensive re-shuffle in the rest of FA and the draft.

Take one of your thirds and draft like...Jerome Ford and call the offense good.

Everything else can be defense.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:28 AM 01-26-2022
I agree.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 01-26-2022
Yep. And it’s not like a rookie is just going to jump in day 1 and kill it. Not in this offense and not unless we somehow end up with a Justin Jefferson.

Draft a rookie and sign a Juju or Chark. Plus we still have Powell in the chamber as well.

Hill
Juju/Chark
Pringle
Hardman
Rookie
Powell
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:15 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. And it’s not like a rookie is just going to jump in day 1 and kill it. Not in this offense and not unless we somehow end up with a Justin Jefferson.

Draft a rookie and sign a Juju or Chark. Plus we still have Powell in the chamber as well.

Hill
Juju/Chark
Pringle
Hardman
Rookie
Powell
As I think about what we need in 2022, this is what seems apparent to me:

1-We need some more explosiveness at RB. This is a position to draft in the mid rounds or dumpster dive, not a high pick. Bring back what we've got and add a guy with some speed to the mix.

2-We really could use an upgrade in the WR corps. It's not CRUCIAL, but sure would be nice, and if Tyreek got hurt we'd kind of be in trouble. Kelce is aging, and we need to take some of the load off. Juju is 25 with his best football ahead of him.

3-It's time to re-shuffle the deck defensively. We need to get cheaper and more consistent at EDGE, need to upgrade Niemann and Sorensen's snaps, and maybe it's time to move on from Mathieu too.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 10:47 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As I think about what we need in 2022, this is what seems apparent to me:

1-We need some more explosiveness at RB. This is a position to draft in the mid rounds or dumpster dive, not a high pick. Bring back what we've got and add a guy with some speed to the mix.

2-We really could use an upgrade in the WR corps. It's not CRUCIAL, but sure would be nice, and if Tyreek got hurt we'd kind of be in trouble. Kelce is aging, and we need to take some of the load off. Juju is 25 with his best football ahead of him.

3-It's time to re-shuffle the deck defensively. We need to get cheaper and more consistent at EDGE, need to upgrade Niemann and Sorensen's snaps, and maybe it's time to move on from Mathieu too.
Now we have the extra 3rd I think Juju/Chark make sense at WR and use one of the extra 3rd to get a developmental WR.

Then concentrate the first 3 rounds on defense. We really need players at all positions on defense.

Edge first round, CB 2nd round, Safety and WR 3rd round IDL 4th round RB 5th round.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:22 AM 01-26-2022
I just don't think he's very good.

I'd rather have Chark, all things being equal. Gallup as well. And I'd be surprised if Smith cost less than either of them. Crowder, Cedrick Wilson, Jakeem Gant; any of those guys can be just as productive here and probably come cheaper than JuJu.

I just struggle to see what Smith does well at this point in his career. He's not terribly fast or fluid, doesn't show excellent hands. He's just kinda...there. He's a product of insane volume (166 targets??) and the attention that went Brown's way.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:29 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just don't think he's very good.

I'd rather have Chark, all things being equal. Gallup as well. And I'd be surprised if Smith cost less than either of them. Crowder, Cedrick Wilson, Jakeem Gant; any of those guys can be just as productive here and probably come cheaper than JuJu.

I just struggle to see what Smith does well at this point in his career. He's not terribly fast or fluid, doesn't show excellent hands. He's just kinda...there. He's a product of insane volume (166 targets??) and the attention that went Brown's way.
He was a quality receiver when AB had the attention so maybe he fits well in a similar situation here, but what’s the difference between him and Pringle? I guess he is 25 currently while Pringle is 28.

I’d be okay with Juju for $8 million bc that’s reasonable. I do want to see Cornell Powell next year. I think he can be a decent complimentary receiver for us.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:56 PM 01-26-2022
What about Michael Thomas? Is he a head case? Tired of football? What’s the deal with him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
What about Michael Thomas? Is he a head case? Tired of football? What’s the deal with him?
You mean Slant Boy?

Thomas is a heck of a route runner, don't get me wrong. But he's gonna carry a $16 million cap figure if you trade for him. Hard to know if he'll end up getting cut - but the Saints will take a hell of a dead money hit this year if they do. Trade or cut doesn't really make a difference for them on the cap, but you gotta figure they'd rather get at least a nominal asset for him rather than cut him outright.

And low body injuries for WRs entering their 30s are not great. The wall could hit hard and fast.

I dunno - I just think the answer is building this WR corps from within. And if someone like Chark or Gallup costs less than Thomas would, I'd prefer go that route. They just have a slightly better long-term outlook, IMO. Hell, even JuJu due to his age.
[Reply]
tmax63 12:59 PM 01-27-2022
If JuJu wants to come to the Chiefs on the cheap then go for it. His best years was when he was a #2 next to AB. He's now "been around" enough to realize that wins and rings are bigger than egos. And it fills any WR needs so draft picks can go heavy towards the D.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 01-27-2022
The main reason I'd like Juju is because I think his price tag will fit. We're going to have to settle for a lot of 2nd tier guys because of the cap. We need a handful of #1 starters, particularly at like DE. But mostly we need depth, depth, and more depth.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The main reason I'd like Juju is because I think his price tag will fit. We're going to have to settle for a lot of 2nd tier guys because of the cap. We need a handful of #1 starters, particularly at like DE. But mostly we need depth, depth, and more depth.
You think he'd cost less than Gallup and Chark?

Because all else being equal, I'd rather have both those guys.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You think he'd cost less than Gallup and Chark?

Because all else being equal, I'd rather have both those guys.
Oh no, I was just talking about JSS. Both of those guys will be cheaper as well. Those are the kind of guys we need to be targeting.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:35 PM 01-27-2022
I think someone is going to pay Gallup a decent amount of money….even with the ACL injury.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 01-27-2022
Yea, Gallup’s ACL injury puts him at the bottom of the list for me.

Chark, JuJu, then Gallup.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up