ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
notorious 11:23 AM 01-25-2022
I love HB. He's one of my favorite players.

I also think we need to trust Veach to find his replacement.

It's time. He's purposely avoiding contact. I want him to go all-in during the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:24 AM 01-25-2022
Sorensen actually didn’t play bad vs the Bills. Thornhill was trash tho. Sorensen is 37th all time in playoff tackles
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:25 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) What the fuck was that... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:25 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sorensen actually didn’t play bad vs the Bills. Thornhill was trash tho. Sorensen is 37th all time in playoff tackles
When your “not bad” is just not being historically bad….it’s time to go.

Thornhill was okay until we lost everyone on the backend. He can’t do everything out there.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:27 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you're going to double Chase, then put Ward on Boyd (who I think he can absolutely delete) and Sneed on Higgins.

Fenton w/ safety help can slow Chase but realize that Fenton's a little undersized and is going to have plays where he's in position to make a play but just can't because the bigger, more physical guy will body him off.

I just don't think you can go too crazy trying to shut down Chase when the Bengals DO have other weapons that can get to you. Especially when Chase just isn't someone you can shut down entirely. Acknowledge that he's going to get some yards but ensure that he doesn't have any of those back-breakers that he had in the first matchup.
I think we are pretty close on this.

I just think Sneed is perfect on Higgins. Sneed on the outside will have it tougher covering the more agile, explosive guys. Higgins is big and doesn't separate.

If they beat us with Boyd so be it. But unlike the Bills we can keep guys in coverage and get to the QB due to their crap OL.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:29 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

It's time. He's purposely avoiding contact. I want him to go all-in during the playoffs.
It's his personality. I think he just wears out people eventually.

He needs to change teams every so often.

Nothing we can do, it is what it is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe roll a safety every once in a while, but man, Chase just made catches that last game that were improbable. If he makes them again, tip your hat.

It's gonna be a mad house in there Sunday. If they get after Burrow early and get a lead, I dunno.
Yeup.

Hey, maybe Chase does it again. Maybe he's just THAT good. But Randy Moss, the single most dangerous WR this game has ever seen, has 9 games in his career of 3 TDs or more. He has one game w/ 200+ yards (oddly, zero scores in that game). Calvin Johnson has 2 games w/ 3+ scores and 5 w/ 200+ yards (he once had a 329 yard game - wow).

Jerry Rice, he of roughly a billion games played, had two games on par w/ Chase's 266/3.

The very greatest to ever play this game have monster games like that once every year or two - if that. And a mere 190 yards and 2 scores from Chase would've yielded a loss. Shit, 220 and 3 scores might have been a loss. The Bengals needed every single yard and every single point. And he's NOT playing like that again.

You can't gameplan out of fear. You can't convince yourself that Chase is some fire breathing monster unseen in the league. He's a very VERY good football player. And if he goes for 150 and 2 scores but you do your job elsewhere, the Bengals may get 24.

Patrick Mahomes isn't losing to 24 at Arrowhead in the post-season.

Don't sabotage yourself planning for a contingency that's about as likely to occur as a solar flare wiping out the earth between now and Sunday.
[Reply]
notorious 11:30 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's his personality. I think he just wears out people eventually.

He needs to change teams every so often.

Nothing we can do, it is what it is.
It sucks, because he brings a ton to the table.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
It was a pretty classic story w/ Juan, really.

His bad plays were REALLY bad plays. In between he actually played pretty well.

He needs to raise his floor a bit - but 80% of his reps were quite solid.

That entire game - the WHOLE game - came down to about 6 inexplicable coverage breakdowns and Josh Allen being a hybrid RB/LBer w/ a howitzer.

No reason to panic here, fellas. We have the personnel to win this game handily. Even with some mistakes or bad plays here and there. The other guys get paid to play this game as well.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:36 AM 01-25-2022

Plus, getting his eggs scrambled Sunday night probably won't help in the avoiding contact department.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:42 AM 01-25-2022

I’ve seen more oles from HB this year than any other combined. I think he’s focused on avoiding injury so he can cash in on one more big contract in his career. He wanted no part of Josh Allen on the play he got injured.

He’s still very good in coverage though. I think he prevents at least one of the Tds we gave up on Sunday if he played the whole game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeup.

Hey, maybe Chase does it again. Maybe he's just THAT good. But Randy Moss, the single most dangerous WR this game has ever seen, has 9 games in his career of 3 TDs or more. He has one game w/ 200+ yards (oddly, zero scores in that game). Calvin Johnson has 2 games w/ 3+ scores and 5 w/ 200+ yards (he once had a 329 yard game - wow).

Jerry Rice, he of roughly a billion games played, had two games on par w/ Chase's 266/3.

The very greatest to ever play this game have monster games like that once every year or two - if that. And a mere 190 yards and 2 scores from Chase would've yielded a loss. Shit, 220 and 3 scores might have been a loss. The Bengals needed every single yard and every single point. And he's NOT playing like that again.

You can't gameplan out of fear. You can't convince yourself that Chase is some fire breathing monster unseen in the league. He's a very VERY good football player. And if he goes for 150 and 2 scores but you do your job elsewhere, the Bengals may get 24.

Patrick Mahomes isn't losing to 24 at Arrowhead in the post-season.

Don't sabotage yourself planning for a contingency that's about as likely to occur as a solar flare wiping out the earth between now and Sunday.
Exactly.

I've said it multiple times since that game - the Bengals came out with an actual game plan to throw the ball deep and hope that either it was caught or they forced a defensive penalty.

They were PERFECT that day and won by the narrowest of margins.

It's not going to happen again. Basic probabilities are such that they can't do it again. They won't be perfect again and even ONE dropped pass in that last game probably means a Chiefs win.

It's going to be a dogfight for sure but don't fret, this is a VERY winnable game.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:45 AM 01-25-2022
The mock drafts I've seen on NFL network have us taking a guy named Williams, a wideout from Alabama. I'd rather see them spend their first two picks on secondary, and the third round on linebacker. Pretty much go all defense this time around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
The mock drafts I've seen on NFL network have us taking a guy named Williams, a wideout from Alabama. I'd rather see them spend their first two picks on secondary, and the third round on linebacker. Pretty much go all defense this time around.
You should check out the Draft subforum. Lots of discussion about Williams and the early mock drafts in general.

Right now, other than Williams, the guy a lot of people have us taking is Cameron Thomas, a good edge defender.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:47 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’ve seen more oles from HB this year than any other combined. I think he’s focused on avoiding injury so he can cash in on one more big contract in his career. He wanted no part of Josh Allen on the play he got injured.

He’s still very good in coverage though. I think he prevents at least one of the Tds we gave up on Sunday if he played the whole game.
Chase's long catch/run TD came completely because Mathieu didn't want to get dirty.

Ball was caught in front of him and rather than throw his body in there to at least occupy some traffic and slow Chase up, he ran alongside him for a bit and then lost his angle because Chase is faster than he is.

I said in a thread some time ago - professional athletes know how to jake without looking like they're doing it. They know how to release a full court heave 1/10th of a second after the buzzer so they look like they're trying but don't take the hit to their shooting percentage.

Mathieu knew he could 'keep his angles' and eventually get outrun without having to make contact. He also knew that he could've actually impacted that play. He chose the former.

Will he do it on Sunday? Hard to say - ducking contact from Allen wasn't a good look, but Allen had a head of steam and you do get caught to go low on guys who you're giving up that kind of size to. Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valor.

But fella - the eyes of the world will be upon you (you too, Frank). There's not going to be any place to hide.

Give it your all out there because the ones that will know if you don't are going to be the ones that matter.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up