ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any news on the Honey Badger? [expected to play]
HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
Toad 09:00 PM 01-24-2022
Can we please put aside his future with the team until after the Super Bowl?

Right now, we NEED him for 2 huge games. He is the emotional and experienced leader on this defense.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:12 PM 01-24-2022
You guys are now just figuring out that cs is just a dumb fucking quack that just says dumb shit 100% of the time?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:18 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, it seems like safety is one of the few positions where supply outstrips demand most years. Especially when it comes to meter adequate safeties.

Seems like a pretty bad miss to have no depth there.

The biggest problem is many of them don't belong on the football field. Watts just doesn't have what you need for coverage.

Thornhill technically has speed but it doesn't translate to range due to either slow processing or lack of awareness.

On one Davis TD, Thornhill had plenty of cushion and he just let Davis run vertically past him while standing flat-footed.

Honestly, if no HB and we have Fenton I play Fenton next week at safety.

Watts and Sorenson are just unacceptable.

Sorry. Was responding to someone else and messed up on mobile...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:20 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
you are insane

You think he didn't want to play in the biggest game of the year (up to this point)? You don't think he wanted to showcase himself with the world watching to improve his financial position? You don't think he cares at all about the team?
Didn't say he doesn't care about the team. Understand I am a HB fan BUT he has been soft this year. But when you are an elite professional athlete and have made millions and have won a world championship with a HUGE RING on your finger with all the trappings of that life and have indicated you want to be paid again oftentimes complacency can creep in and now you feel you have "done enough" and at this point "the edge starts to fall off" because now "entitlement" sets in and now you play to protect the product instead of playing to win at all costs. Your priorities have subtly but significantly switched because now you have that "I am a seasoned all pro vet" let the 'young guys' make that hit/tackle or guard that young WR superstar. And many times these types of players don't recognize it in the early stages BUT what does show up early is more and more 'soft play'.

In a nutshell, some players don't recognize when they have lost "their fire in the belly". Sometimes it can be restored but most of the time it cannot is all I am saying. We'll see with HB and HOPE he can come back to the ol HB we know and love !!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:24 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Toad:
Right now, we NEED him for 2 huge games. He is the emotional and experienced leader on this defense.
I agree at least he can line people up and distribute responsibilities accordingly.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:26 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You guys are now just figuring out that cs is just a dumb ****ing quack that just says dumb shit 100% of the time?
Jesus loves you !!:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:26 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Didn't say he doesn't care about the team. Understand I am a HB fan BUT he has been soft this year. But when you are an elite professional athlete and have made millions and have won a world championship with a HUGE RING on your finger with all the trappings of that life and have indicated you want to be paid again oftentimes complacency can creep in and now you feel you have "done enough" and at this point "the edge starts to fall off" because now "entitlement" sets in and now you play to protect the product instead of playing to win at all costs. Your priorities have subtly but significantly switched because now you have that "I am a seasoned all pro vet" let the 'young guys' make that hit/tackle or guard that young WR superstar. And many times these types of players don't recognize it in the early stages BUT what does show up early is more and more 'soft play'.

In a nutshell, some players don't recognize when they have lost "their fire in the belly". Sometimes it can be restored but most of the time it cannot is all I am saying. We'll see with HB and HOPE he can come back to the ol HB we know and love !!
This is so insanely stupid I honestly don't know how to react to it. FFS, man.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:27 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Finished your post.
I do have a sense of humor.:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:27 PM 01-24-2022
There are some hits that aren't seen but the player 'knows' he got hit in the head and decides to report himself(that's a good thing) and there are those hits to the head seen by everyone that even though the player say's he is good, still the league wants to check him out just to make sure(and that's a good thing). All I am saying is there is a lot of room for the player to be dishonest one way or the other(depending on his motive to either play when he shouldn't or vice versa) because they are all educated with the signs and symptoms of concussion from mild to severe and know what to say.
Ok, so this is even dumber.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:37 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This is so insanely stupid I honestly don't know how to react to it. FFS, man.
Well supposedly you played safety in college, correct ?? You think he has been "bringing the wood" on the majority of plays this year ? Like you I have played the game and my football eyes say definitely NOT, obviously you think differently. That's okay but know you must leave room for that possibility happening with HB and not to let your anxiety overtake you in this most critical part of the season.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:44 PM 01-24-2022
Ok, so this is even dumber.
Really?? How so??? When all this concussion stuff came down and the NFL created all these safety measures to be taken for player safety(from CTE) and lessen the lawsuits to some degree, it was a good thing. But I also so the potential for players to take advantage of getting out of practice and not playing in particular games that they may not wanted to play in for obvious reasons. Calling in sick when they are really not sick. You get my point now????
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:54 PM 01-24-2022
Well supposedly you played safety in college, correct ?? You think he has been "bringing the wood" on the majority of plays this year ? Like you I have played the game and my football eyes say definitely NOT, obviously you think differently. That's okay but know you must leave room for that possibility happening with HB and not to let your anxiety overtake you in this most critical part of the season.:-)
I did and I'm still bigger than him. 5-9, 174 isn't going to bring a ton of wood. I want him clogging up the passing lanes more than "laying the wood" and gettin knocked out of a game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:55 PM 01-24-2022
Really?? How so??? When all this concussion stuff came down and the NFL created all these safety measures to be taken for player safety(from CTE) and lessen the lawsuits to some degree, it was a good thing. But I also so the potential for players to take advantage of getting out of practice and not playing in particular games that they may not wanted to play in for obvious reasons. Calling in sick when they are really not sick. You get my point now????
No. HB was diagnosed with a concussion. I'm not sure what's confusing about that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:00 PM 01-24-2022
No. HB was diagnosed with a concussion. I'm not sure what's confusing about that.
Yeah but it you think about it, it’s likely HB would fake an injury to avoid having playing time in a pivotal, must-play game in a contract year for him. It makes sense when you
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:01 PM 01-24-2022
I did and I'm still bigger than him. 5-9, 174 isn't going to bring a ton of wood. I want him clogging up the passing lanes more than "laying the wood" and gettin knocked out of a game.
Well he plays a position that has to bring the wood in stopping the run. You know this. Sure clogging up passing lanes is fine BUT if you are playing safety you have to bring the wood in stopping the run pure and simple. He used to do this well even at his small stature not so much this year is what I have noticed.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up