HonestChieffan 10:43 PM 01-23-2022
Not anything on the local coverage....
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:13 PM 01-28-2022
Hopefully this independent neurologist isn't Berry's foot doctor
[Reply]
DaFace 05:35 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
According to NFL policy, he's not supposed to be able to practice fully until he's cleared.

I'm pretty confused by all of this. I don't understand why he isn't cleared already.
Huh. They have him listed as FP both today and yesterday...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:33 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
My guess is they want to get him as far removed from the head injury (timewise) as possible before they test him.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:40 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Huh. They have him listed as FP both today and yesterday...
https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthands...ation-protocol

Return-To-Participation Protocol

Every NFL player diagnosed with a concussion must follow a five-step process before being cleared to fully practice or participate in an NFL game. This process, developed from internationally accepted guidelines, ensures that each player receives consistent treatment.

Each player and each concussion is unique, and there is no set time-frame for return to participation. Team medical staff consider the player's current concussive injury, as well as past exposures and medical history, family history and future risk in managing a player's care.

After a player has progressed through the five-step process, and is cleared for full participation by his club physician, he must be seen and separately cleared by an Independent Neurological Consultant (INC), jointly approved by the NFL and NFLPA, who is not affiliated with any NFL club. Until cleared by this independent physician, a player may not return to contact practice or play in an NFL game.

Phase 1 - SYMPTOM LIMITED ACTIVITY
The player is prescribed rest, limiting or, if necessary, avoiding activities (both physical and cognitive) which increase or aggravate symptoms. Under athletic training staff supervision, limited stretching and balance training can be introduced, progressing to light aerobic exercise, all as tolerated.

Phase 2 - AEROBIC EXERCISE
Under direct oversight of the team’s medical staff, the player should begin graduated cardiovascular exercise and may also engage in dynamic stretching and balance training. Neurocognitive and balance testing can be administered after completion of Phase Two and the results should be interpreted as back to baseline.

Phase 3 - FOOTBALL-SPECIFIC EXERCISE
The player continues with supervised cardiovascular exercises that are increased and may mimic sport-specific activities, and supervised strength training is introduced. The player is allowed to practice with the team in sport-specific exercise for 30 minutes or less with ongoing and careful monitoring.

Phase 4 - CLUB-BASED NON-CONTACT TRAINING DRILLS
The player continues cardiovascular, strength and balance training, team-based sports-specific exercise, and participates in non-contact football activities (e.g. throwing, catching, running, and other position-specific activities). Neurocognitive and balance testing should be completed no later than the end of Phase Four with the results interpreted as back to baseline.

Phase 5 - FULL FOOTBALL ACTIVITY / CLEARANCE
Upon clearance by the Club physician for full football activity involving contact, the player must be examined by the Independent Neurological Consultant (INC) assigned to his Club. If the INC concurs with the Club physician that the player’s concussion has resolved, he may participate in his Club’s next practice or game.
[Reply]
Coach 08:00 PM 01-28-2022
Only thing I can think of is that they already did the clearing part but left him in the injury report as a "concussion" to avoid Tyrann having to answer the media.

Other than that, I got nothing.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:38 PM 01-28-2022
Obviously he’s already at Phase 5 of the protocol so the independent neurologist just needs to sign the damn paperwork or whatever the sign-off process is to make his return a formality.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:50 PM 01-28-2022
Just skip the Doc a G Clark!
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:10 PM 01-28-2022
I doubt Andy Reid is having the team do contact drills and he can do everything but contact, so if the team doesnt do any contact then technically he is a full participant.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:18 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
According to NFL policy, he's not supposed to be able to practice fully until he's cleared.

I'm pretty confused by all of this. I don't understand why he isn't cleared already.
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm confused as well. Is the "independent neurologist" local or do they have to come from NFL HQ?
plaudible deniability.

Does no one think it’s weird that all of a sudden no NFL players ever tests positive for Covid anymore?
[Reply]
baitism 05:18 AM 01-29-2022
COVID has always been political. At the end of the day, $ drives the train.
[Reply]
eDave 12:58 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by baitism:
COVID has always been political. At the end of the day, $ drives the train.
K
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:02 PM 01-29-2022
Post Covid Kelce at Bengals disagrees
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:08 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
plaudible deniability.

Does no one think it’s weird that all of a sudden no NFL players ever tests positive for Covid anymore?
They quit testing vaccinated and unvaccinated players/staff/coaches, etc unless they have symptoms.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:14 PM 01-29-2022
he gucci
[Reply]
DaFace 01:21 PM 01-29-2022

Chiefs remain confident about S Tyrann Mathieu's availability. I'm told he had no setbacks in concussion protocol during the week of prep. Still needs clearance from independent doctor, and Chiefs hopeful that he will get that. Big for Kansas City's backfield.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up