ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is this Brady’s last ride?
RunKC 11:06 AM 01-23-2022
This is all over the Internet right now. Apparently his teammates think so.

#Bucs QB Tom Brady’s future is up in the air, with retirement an option to be considered. For the first time, it’s not a given that he returns next year.

My story: https://t.co/akKjY0RPip

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 23, 2022

Would love nothing more than to send his ass to retirement through a SB beat down
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:21 PM 01-23-2022
Bloody & crying got him 15 yards from the refs
HE IS DONE!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:55 AM 01-24-2022
:-)

Dumb bitch probably used this as a ploy to make sure he was the first thing people were talking about this morning from the weekend.

Nope. Nobody even cares. Play or don't play, Tom. Whatevs. Did you watch this game last night?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:17 PM 01-24-2022
still in the Who cares/Fuck Tom Brady mode.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:22 PM 01-24-2022
I gotta say, the way he left the field yesterday was unlike I’ve ever seen him leave. He was going over and talking to the Rams players, patting them on the heads. Swear it looked like he was about to cry. Just judging by those mannerisms, I’d say he retires. But then I also saw a quote from him post game, which made it seem like he’ll be back. In all actuality, even Tom hasn’t made his mind up about it yet.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:24 PM 01-24-2022
Hopefully not. Mahomes needs to beat him the Super Bowl next year. If they don't get another head to head in a championship game, Brady will always be regarded as the greatest ever.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:34 PM 01-24-2022
I think he's probably done. Wife wants him done and the team will look a lot different because of so many key FAs and coaches will change as well. He will walk away I think.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:36 PM 01-24-2022
He will probably be back. He loves the game. Can't see him retiring until he absolutely has to.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:37 PM 01-24-2022
Apart from a super bowl this is about as good of a way to leave. You provided the heroics and then the defense lost the game for you. His last drive was practically a walk off. Kind of like jeter getting a hit in his last at bat of a meaningless game.

Now leave the game and good riddance.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:39 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Apart from a super bowl this is about as good of a way to leave. You provided the heroics and then the defense lost the game for you. His last drive was practically a walk off. Kind of like jeter getting a hit in his last at bat of a meaningless game.

Now leave the game and good riddance.
He had a chance to retire on top and passed it up.

Now he's paying for his hubris.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He will probably be back. He loves the game. Can't see him retiring until he absolutely has to.
He loves himself more than he loves the game. He'll be back, his ego won't let him retire.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 01:36 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Hopefully not. Mahomes needs to beat him the Super Bowl next year. If they don't get another head to head in a championship game, Brady will always be regarded as the greatest ever.
Mahomes doesn't have to beat Brady in SB or playoffs to surpass him. What he really needs is rings and a super impressive narrative.

If Mahomes or any other quarterback wins more rings and does it under different circumstances such as without T. Hill/Andy Reid in the case of Mahomes, he will be considered the football GOAT for a while at least. I wouldn't bet on that happening within the next 40-50 years but sooner or later a quarterback will have a career truly more impressive than Brady's. I just think it will probably take over 100 years for it to happen unless a great QB tries to prove his greatness by winning rings with 3-4 teams as the teams best player. I am not talking Payton Manning being carried by his defense...

Narratives are important. Despite the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and then 6 rings, Brady was underrated for literally his entire career in New England. Belichick "the coach" was getting too much credit. Belichick has slowed down great offenses when he has had great defenders(Giants, New England) but when he hasn't had the players, his defenses have been torched not just by Josh Allen but by Nick Foles. The truth of the matter is New England's defense were often very good/great but they were also helped out by often playing in windy New England/Buffalo/NY.

That 1st ring in Tampa in the case of Brady probably equals 2 in New England. And while I doubt think it is totally right, if Bill Belichick never wins another ring in New England, it will further enhance Brady's legacy and hurt Belichick's legacy on the margin. On the other hand, if Belichick wins another ring with New England, it will on the margin hurt Brady's legacy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:38 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He loves himself more than he loves the game. He'll be back, his ego won't let him retire.
This.

Asshole wants to own all of the records before he leaves. He's so dead set on cementing himself as the GOAT that he won't leave until he wants to.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 AM 01-25-2022

Tom Brady on his Let’s Go podcast about his wife and family and football. “It pains her to see me get hit out there. And she deserves what she needs from me as a husband and my kids deserve what they need from me as a dad.

— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) January 25, 2022

Tom Brady on his Let’s Go podcast.

“I said this a few years ago, it's what relationships are all about. It's not always what I want. It's what we want as a family. And I'm gonna spend a lot of time with them and figure out in the future what's next.”

Tom Brady on Let’s Go pod “Playing football I get so much joy from. I love it. But not playing football, there's a lot of joy in that for me also now, too, with my kids getting older and seeing them develop and grow. So all these things need to be considered and they will be.

[Reply]
bevischief 01:31 AM 01-25-2022
[Reply]
bevischief 01:32 AM 01-25-2022
Attached: 272629213_10221011056973831_1031405714772280454_n.jpg (117.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up