ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Car-nal Desires Tournament - Nominations Thread
Rain Man 02:21 AM 01-14-2022
New tournament time. We're going to pick the collective vehicle of our dreams.

In this thread, I'll ask people to nominate vehicles, using the following rules.

1. This vehicle will be yours at no purchase cost.
2. You will keep your current vehicles, so no need to worry about fitting a baby seat in it or being able to haul mulch.
3. You're responsible for parking it.
4. You pay for gas or electricity.
5. Insurance and maintenance is free to you.
6. The vehicle must be street-legal.
7. The vehicle must actually exist. It cannot be a cartoon or concept drawing. However, it can be a production vehicle, a concept vehicle, a custom vehicle, or anything else that is real.
8. The vehicle being nominated is the exact vehicle shown. You cannot change the color, the interior, the engine size, etc.
9. You cannot use the vehicle to make money. It's only for your personal use.
10. You cannot sell the vehicle.
11. Any type of street-legal vehicle is allowed. You can nominate a car, a truck, a minivan, an RV, a semi-truck, a motorcyle, a classic car, a school bus, whatever. As long as it meets the rules above, it's eligible.

The rules for nominating are below, and are VERY IMPORTANT:

You may nominate only one vehicle within a post. The reason is that I'm not going to keep pasting pictures and descriptions during the tournament. During the tournament I will provide a link to your post ONLY. So it's very important that only one vehicle be described in the post. If you nominate two or more vehicles in one post, your entries will be disqualified.

In your nomination post, you will begin by stating the name of the vehicle: Year, make, and model.

You may include up to five photos of the vehicle. While I would encourage having some interior and exterior shots, it's up to you to decide the best way to present your nominee. All photos MUST be of the same vehicle to avoid confusion about things like color, stereo type, and interior trim. Where possible, upload the photos as images instead of linking unless you're sure that the link will remain active throughout the tournament.

If you would like to include any specs or any argument for why your nominee is the Chiefsplanet dream car (e.g., zero to 60 time, corinthian leather seats, gas milage, bitchin' Crager S/S wheels), feel free to do so.

You are allowed to make more than one nomination. However, each nomination must be made in a single post. There will be no limit on how many vehicles you can nominate, though at some point I'll cut off entries. We'll see how many get nominated before I decide when I'll stop the nomination process.

I'm hoping we don't get 25 variations on the same vehicle, but whatever. If you want to post a 1910 Hupmobile because you think it's notably different than the 1911 Hupmobile that was already nominated, then go for it.

See Post 2 below for the format for nomination. (It may take me a minute to post it.)
[Reply]
stevieray 10:28 PM 01-14-2022
these are a few of my favorite things
Attached: coe.jpg (85.0 KB) 59elco.jpg (114.9 KB) 63Scayne.jpg (65.9 KB) 19552.jpg (9.3 KB) 
[Reply]
srvy 12:27 AM 01-15-2022

[Reply]
srvy 12:30 AM 01-15-2022
This would be fun also Parnelli Jones Big Oly Bronco.

[Reply]
Delaney37 08:08 AM 01-15-2022
1969 RS/Z28 DZ302 with factory X33 cross ram and headers. Only thing I'd change on this one would be I' rather have black deck stripes.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:07 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Delaney37:
1969 RS/Z28 DZ302 with factory X33 cross ram and headers. Only thing I'd change on this one would be I' rather have black deck stripes.

I was going to throw on a 69. Maybe I'm partial because Dad had one, but 69 was the apex of the Camaro.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:24 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
When I think of cars CPers drive, this one fits you.
I would drive the shit out of that if it were the 4WD version. Pink and all... IDGAF. I'm a huge fan of the Suzuki Samurai / Geo Tracker (I know they aren't directly related but the same small 2 door off-roader concept).
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:47 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I would drive the shit out of that if it were the 4WD version. Pink and all... IDGAF. I'm a huge fan of the Suzuki Samurai / Geo Tracker (I know they aren't directly related but the same small 2 door off-roader concept).
My buddy had one in college. We roasted him all the time for it but we all miss that thing. It was actually a fun car, great to pop the top off and take it to the beach.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:55 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Right car, but you're off by a year. Has to be a '70.

I sure wouldn't kick the '70 out of the garage. Love them as well. The '69 has a special spot for me as a good friend had one in high school. He was the king of drag races.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:06 AM 01-15-2022
I would as well. Neat little things.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:07 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
My buddy had one in college. We roasted him all the time for it but we all miss that thing. It was actually a fun car, great to pop the top off and take it to the beach.
I had a friend that had the Isuzu equivalent. We gave him shit, but dude could pull the lady's.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 10:19 AM 01-15-2022
This will be fun. 2020 Mclaren Speedtail

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-48...ren-speedtail/

No words needed.
[Reply]
eDave 10:20 AM 01-15-2022
I had a white Sidekick when I lived in CA. Loved that thing and it 4-wheeled real good. Especially in the Pismo Beach dunes. Did better than the Jeeps in many cases.
[Reply]
TLO 10:21 AM 01-15-2022
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Horsepower: 840 hp
Torque: 770 lb-ft.
0-60 MPH: 2.1 Seconds.
0-200 MPH: 55 Seconds.
60-0 Braking: 97 ft.
1/4 Mile: 9.54 Seconds @ 140 MPH.
Top Speed: 203 MPH.
Weight: 4,280 lbs.

One of the coolest "straight from the factory" cars ever made.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:22 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I was going to throw on a 69. Maybe I'm partial because Dad had one, but 69 was the apex of the Camaro.
I had a 68 SS 396 350HP.... Wish I still had that car
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:32 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
these are a few of my favorite things
That 59… whew!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up